SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 2 Scores

GeauxSioux

Last week Bison fans were giving us crap about giving up 400 yards of offense to Texas Tech. They need to be a little more careful when they starting pointing fingers. Tonight the Bison must have given up close to 700 yards to Sam Houston. Once again our showing against Texas Tech looks quite impressive. They scored 55 points tonight and only gave up 10. Boy would it be fun to play the Bison. It would be very competitive. We are only in our 2nd year of transition and we lose every recruit to the Bison. Ha Ha! Can't wait till we get 2 more recruiting classes. Maybe one of the most important things is what you do with the athletes once you get them into your program. The actual coaching of the kids is very important.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

FINAL:

Montana - 17

UC Davis - 10

Had a chance to watch this game on TV and UC Davis really squandered away many opportunities in this game. They are talented and could have easily won this game. Their QB (Denham) returns again from last year. He threw the ball 65 times tonight. They also have a stud WR in Chris Carter who I believe caught around 16 passes tonight.

We are gonna have our hands full with this team in Davis, CA again this year.

I most Sioux fans are realistic. We are early in our transition. We are definitely going to lose games this year. We had a nice performance against Texas Tech, but it is one game. It seems that the program is headed in the right direction. I have a feeling that our defense is pretty solid. But if we get against a hot quarterback were probably going to be questioning our secondary too. I just think most Bison fans are a little shocked at where the Bison program is in their second year of elgibility. UND has a long way to go. Hopefully we continue to get better. What is going on with SDSU anyway? They definitely seem to be getting better every year. Whatever formula SDSU has we should probably be keeping a close eye on.

Yep......when you give up 640 yards you don't deserve to win. Absolutely terrible defense. I guess I was way off base when I was worried about the QB.

So you're saying there is now way to blame Mertens for the game??? :D

In all seriousness did he play well?

Definitely some strange stuff going on so far this year. I would never have guessed that NDSU would be having this many problems and what is up with USD giving up over 700 yards to UNI? Yeah UNI is the better team but wasn't it a 10 point game last year when they played?

St. Cloud State has been blown off the field by the two D-II teams they have played but they took Maine to OT. And App State lost to McNeese State yesterday... the same McNeese team that had to rally from 14 down in the fourth quarter to beat an average D-II team last week. And yet there are several FCS teams beating or playing FBS teams tough.

I hate Tennessee. GO GATORS!!!

Having lived among Crimson Tide fans and now among Volunteers (with a lot of Hokies around too), have to say the Volunteer fans are so much better and way less obnoxious. Auburn, Tennessee, and Ole Miss fans are the best SEC fans to hang around. On the other hand: LSU, Miss St, and Alabama.

So you're saying there is now way to blame Mertens for the game??? :)

In all seriousness did he play well?

Well......it really would depend on how you define "well". In the first half he seemed to struggle but then in the second half he seemed to get it together. That being said.....I am not sure Sam Houston was a decent defense. So, if Mertens was starting to put it together against a lousy defense, I am less impressed that if it had been a good D unit out there. I guess for me, the jury is still out on whether or not Mertens has it.

Now the D totally stunk the place up....and that opinion seems to be fairly universal among the fans. Based on what I saw in the Sam Houston game combined with the loss to a weak ISU......The beer bong at tailgating may be the high point of the season for me....... :D