SiouxSports.com Forum

A couple of UND threads on the Tech Board

Matador96

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See and I always got shunned when I said North Dakota should be like Texas and worship the Pigskin above all else. :lol::)

I will worship the pigskin when it is a frozen rubber disk. Until then. football is 2nd to hockey. Heck. Beat TT and you have moved up on my list!

Isn't this a bit like trying to quantify infinity?

Arnold Poindexter: So what you're saying essentially is, is that along with infinite space which extends beyond perpetual bigness there's also infinite smallness?

Harold Wormser: [nods head in agreement]

Arnold Poindexter: How?

Harold Wormser: Easy. Take an asymptotic line and extend it outward.

Arnold Poindexter: Oh.

Stewart: Right, right, right. So perpetual bigness exists simultaneously with perpetual smallness. What was I thinking?

I see our "former' rivals to the south couldn't help themselves. They have now added going to our opponents message boards and ripping us. A new low, even for them.

You expect anything better from them?

Their own radio voice for football and basketball (and their biggest Fargo media cheerleader) calls them "3rd graders".

And he would know them best.

My only question:

When did they graduate up?

That fourth try at 2nd grade must've taken. :lol::)

You expect anything better from them?

Their own radio voice for football and basketball (and their biggest Fargo media cheerleader) calls them "3rd graders".

And he would know them best.

My only question:

When did they graduate up?

That fourth try at 2nd grade must've taken. :lol::)

Oh I think he was calling someone else 3rd graders. Anyone can post under any name on those Blogs.

it's quite clear that every fan site's posts declares that their rival or rivals are the worst, most biligurent, most classless fans in the world. that's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. that being the case, it's impossible to decide which team's fans truly are the most annoying and least classy.

fact is, every team has a percentage of annoying fans and good fans. my guess is that those percentages are pretty consistent across the board, regardless of what team you're talking about.

the sioux fans and bison fans on here who claim that their fans are the best and the other team's fans are classless and moronic would have the reverse view if they were a fan of the other team. that's simply the way it is and it makes clear sense that it would be that way. of course everybody wants to be associated with the "good" guys, just as everybody would like to believe that their closest rivals possess a fanhood of troublemakers and imbiciles.

you see the same thing in fraternities, branches of the military, competing companies in a given industry and, of course, in world relations.

for this reason, you won't see me posting something on a rival team's message board bashing them for being crappy fans and declaring that the fans of my team are far superior, like some kind of retard who actually believes that, somehow, all the "good fans" just happened to flock toward my team and all the "crappy fans" somehow ended up rooting for my team's rival.

therefore, i don't understand why this message board is constantly bombarded with fans of other teams, one specifically, who's only goal is to talk trash about the sioux.

if you're one of these people, i'm curious, do you really believe that people who root for und athletics are just, by some giant, impossible coincidence, all jerks and poor fans? honestly, do you believe that is possible? i only ask because that certain percentage of annoying, biligurent fans i referenced early...well, if you're on another team's fan site bashing the fans of that team, then you're likely in that percentage of your team's fans.

ironic, isn't it?

I will worship the pigskin when it is a frozen rubber disk. Until then. football is 2nd to hockey. Heck. Beat TT and you have moved up on my list!

Maybe to you, but not to me and others around here. Another hockey elitist attitude at UND, which unfortunately is too many. Football is my #1.....yes, even over hockey! I know, I'm crazy and ill. :) However, I also like to cheer on the rest of the athletic department (basketball, volleyball, baseball, etc) at UND as well.

Why even make a comment like that in a football thread?

Maybe to you, but not to me and others around here. Another hockey elitist attitude at UND, which unfortunately is too many. Football is my #1.....yes, even over hockey! I know, I'm crazy and ill. :) However, I also like to cheer on the rest of the athletic department (basketball, volleyball, baseball, etc) at UND as well.

Why even make a comment like that in a football thread?

Not elitist attitude, just my favorite sport. I attend all home UND football games, and have made football road trips to Duluth, St Cloud, Mankato and Winona. I am a huge huge UND football fan, just not as big as hockey. I know the people you speak of though, and it kills me that they follow hockey only, but to each their own. I will start following basketball more closely now that there are quality opponents coming through. I was a big basketball fan in the Dave Vonesh days, but after that, slowly drifted away from the mens team, followed womens team pretty close though.

Someone point out to the Texas Wreck fans that our hotties play soccer and hockey in college and then go on to international rugby play, including surviving and recovering from an injury that would end Graham Harrell's or Michael Crabtree's career.

Hotter. Tougher.

Be better.

Be North Dakota.

Meghan Mutrie > (this space intentionally blank as nothing deserves the comparision)

525262.jpeg

Or if you dare ... or double-dare ...

Someone point out to the Texas Wreck fans that our hotties play soccer and hockey in college and then go on to international rugby play, including surviving and recovering from an injury that would end Graham Harrell's or Michael Crabtree's career.

Hotter. Tougher.

Meghan Mutrie > (this space intentionally blank as nothing deserves the comparision)

525262.jpeg

Or if you dare ... or double-dare ...

OH SNAP!

Speaking of Mutrie....

Last September, FightingSioux.com brought you a story about former North Dakota soccer and hockey letterwinner Meghan Mutrie, who had suffered a severe head injury playing rugby overseas that resulted in major brain trauma. While doctors were hopeful Mutrie would make a full recovery, the road would be a long one and nothing would be guaranteed.

Nearly one full year later, Mutrie continues her amazing recovery. Although her rugby career was cut short by the injury, the Calgary, Alberta, native now shows little sign of the injury that left her unconscious on the field for 18 full minutes.

Two-sport alum Mutrie discusses recovery from major brain trauma