SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

• 3 months later...

Just did a new roof on the old homestead, replacing the sod that has been protecting us for years.

I have a FTA satelitte system that I purchased from PSB a few years back. Fixed dish, no motor. Have motor, box, transponder, and everything else needed. Works great, or at least it did all of the last two seasons.

FREE to first taker. No delivery. Live in the Twin Cities. I can also have it in Fargo area by late summer.

PM me if you wish it to be yours.

Sprig, I have a six foot solid up and running for this year. Have another leaning up against the fence. I am excited to see what quality this year will bring?

A BUD is nice; no room for me to go that large. 90cm will have to do.

We are moving to Utah next week and I was able to get out of my Dish Network contract after only 7 months with no cancellation charge! Anyways, wanted to get DirecTV to watch Sioux games this year so will be getting that hooked up by the end of September so I am ready for hockey season! Just want to make sure I have everything right then, if I get the sports pack for the $12/month, that's all I will need then? Thanks everyone! Pretty excited about it!

We are moving to Utah next week and I was able to get out of my Dish Network contract after only 7 months with no cancellation charge! Anyways, wanted to get DirecTV to watch Sioux games this year so will be getting that hooked up by the end of September so I am ready for hockey season! Just want to make sure I have everything right then, if I get the sports pack for the $12/month, that's all I will need then? Thanks everyone! Pretty excited about it!

Correct. If you have the sports pack you should be able to see any game that's aired on any of the Fox College Sports channels.

I believe you'll need the sports pak add-on to get those channels.

Yeah good call, I got that added as well and it's like sports on steroids. A guy should be able to get other college hockey as well.

Are Sioux football games being televised on FCS again as well? Much better then watching the internet feed!

The TV schedule is not yet available, but is usually out sometime in August. It was updated here last August and will probably be again this year.

All home games should be on the FSSN. The hockey schedule looks like this:

Oct. 7 -- AIR FORCE

Oct. 8 -- BC or MICH. ST.

Oct. 14 -- MAINE

Oct. 15 -- MAINE

Oct. 21 -- at Wisconsin

Oct. 22 -- at Wisconsin

Oct. 28 -- ST. CLOUD ST.

Oct. 29 -- ST. CLOUD ST.

Nov. 4 -- at Minnesota

Nov. 5 -- at Minnesota

Nov. 18 -- at Bemidji

Nov. 19 -- at Bemidji

Nov. 25 -- COLO. COLLEGE

Nov. 26 -- COLO. COLLEGE

Dec. 2 -- at Anchorage

Dec. 3 -- at Anchorage

Dec. 9 -- OMAHA

Dec. 10 -- OMAHA

Dec. 30 -- HARVARD

Dec. 31 -- HARVARD

Jan. 7 -- Clarkson in Winnipeg

Jan. 13 -- MINNESOTA

Jan. 14 -- MINNESOTA

Jan. 20 -- at St. Cloud

Jan. 21 -- at St. Cloud

Jan. 27 -- WISCONSIN

Jan. 28 -- WISCONSIN

Feb. 10 -- at Duluth

Feb. 11 -- at Duluth

Feb. 17 -- MICH. TECH

Feb. 18 -- MICH. TECH

Feb. 24 -- at Denver

Feb. 25 -- at Denver

Mar. 2 -- MSU-MANKATO

Mar. 3 -- MSU-MANKATO

Mar. 9-11 -- WCHA first rd

Mar. 15-17 -- WCHA Final Five

Mar. 23-25 -- NCAA regionals (Worcester, Bridgeport, St. Paul, Green Bay)

Apr. 5-7 -- NCAA Frozen Four (Tampa)

Four football games last year on FSSN, so I'll guess this year: Sep. 24 - Potato Bowl, Oct 22 - Cal Poly, Nov. 5 - Sioux Falls, and Nov. 19 - South Dakota

• 2 weeks later...

Just did a new roof on the old homestead, replacing the sod that has been protecting us for years.

I have a FTA satelitte system that I purchased from PSB a few years back. Fixed dish, no motor. Have motor, box, transponder, and everything else needed. Works great, or at least it did all of the last two seasons.

FREE to first taker. No delivery. Live in the Twin Cities. I can also have it in Fargo area by late summer.

PM me if you wish it to be yours.

Because I continue to get inquiries here and there, I suppose it is appropriate to note that this package has been claimed by a solid Sioux fan. No longer available. Hope I was not shortsighted and will soon find out that the Sioux, and the NCHC, have lost, or never had, their BIG national TV deal. I shall believe that when I see that.

These games being aired on tv are the same tv ones last year. Whats everyone all excited about? All home games on tv, don't matter to me, i'm at the game, and some away games on tv. There was some away games on tv last year. Or am I missing something?

I am just curious about the home FB and Hockey games because I live in Colorado. I will most certainly be at the games when UND visits DU this February; as well as UND at Northern Colorado FB in October. Last year I was at the CC series and the UND fan turnout almost equaled CC. I think that there is a lot of alum out here and I was even able to buy a green beer!

In addition to the men's home hockey games, the following are scheduled to be on FSSN (not sure on road men's hockey), via Jake's email to P. Sweeney.

Football

Sep. 1 vs. Drake

Oct. 22 vs. Cal Poly

Nov. 19 vs. South Dakota

Volleyball

Sep. 6 vs NDSU

Oct. 6 vs. New Jersey Tech

Women's Hockey

Oct. 21 vs. Ohio St.

Dec. 2-3 vs. Minnesota

Feb. 3 vs. Bemidji St.

Men's Basketball

Nov. 23 vs. Montana

Jan. 17 vs NDSU

Jan. 26 vs New Jersey Tech

Feb. 23 vs TX-Pan American

Feb. 25 vs. Houston Baptist

Women's Basketball

Dec. 4 vs. Montana St.

Jan. 21 vs. Utah Valley

Feb. 2 vs Houston Baptist

Feb. 9 vs. Chicago St.

Feb. 11 vs. New Jersey Tech

At this point, I don't believe there will be any changes to the schedule.

Enjoy the games.

Pat Sweeney

WDAZ-TV Sports Director

Grand Forks, ND

Tickets are now available on ticketmaster for the Ice-Breaker (two day package only, one day tickets not yet available), and, also at the REA box office, I assume. No other hockey tickets available yet.