SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

Ya i got 86 percent quality on the patient channel. 75 % on the stl jax football game...aanyone know if this is on 87w too?

Did you blind scan or enter the info in tpscan? Transponder was changed from what was originally listed on theralph web site.

Did you blind scan or enter the info in tpscan? Transponder was changed from what was originally listed on theralph web site.

Both...ive got the traxis 4000, hotdish......autoscan done...no fssn, typed in coordinates uve listed and my signal intensity goes to 0.....if i use these coordinates will my lnb turn green when i am aimed right?

Both...ive got the traxis 4000, hotdish......autoscan done...no fssn, typed in coordinates uve listed and my signal intensity goes to 0.....if i use these coordinates will my lnb turn green when i am aimed right?

Yes, your on the right satellite and it should pop in with a blind scan (Auto Scan)

Sounds like you have the easyfind, in which case yes, it should be green. If you have 86% on the patient channel (quality, not intensity), you should be able to scan in FSSN, I only have 80% on patient channel with the 4000

12016 / v / 4870

Tinker around with these in a transponder scan....

try 4875 for the SR.

Try 12020 for the Freq. also try 12010

Sometimes thats what it takes to get them to pop in, but dont move the dish as your getting great signal on known 87w channels.

12016 / v / 4870

Tinker around with these in a transponder scan....

try 4875 for the SR.

Try 12020 for the Freq. also try 12010

Sometimes thats what it takes to get them to pop in, but dont move the dish as your getting great signal on known 87w channels.

Ive tried different combinations of those on the tp scans and nothings coming in. Ive noticed the only channels im picking up with polarity v are the mta channels. Im also not getting the st cloud california pennsylvania game but week signal of a highschool game on my30....

90cm hotdish. Maybe the clouds could be my problem tonight?

Sorry had to dash out tonight missed the rest of the broadcast.

Clouds, not when you were getting good signals on other transponders.

Thats a real strange one, You should be able to pull it in judging by the other signals your getting. At worst its a bad LNB,

I would do a factory default and rescan next broadcast , if you have the same issue I would replace the LNB, I assume all cables are good. Sometimes transponders can be dropped by a bad/loose connection.

You have your LNB set for UNIVERSAL right?

Psb...yes its set for universal. I found it odd that on the autoscan it scanned polarity h for almost a minute but polarity v just for a few seconds. And the only channels im getting with polarity v are the mta channels. Ill try again during the next broadcast and if i cant get it in ill get a new lnb.

Psb...yes its set for universal. I found it odd that on the autoscan it scanned polarity h for almost a minute but polarity v just for a few seconds. And the only channels im getting with polarity v are the mta channels. Ill try again during the next broadcast and if i cant get it in ill get a new lnb.

That is a strange one, remember it does not have to be an Easy Find LNB now your set up, any universal LNB will work. The LNB is ALWAYS the first thing to be blamed, but now and again it is the LNB. It does no harm to have a spare LNB sitting around anyway.

They do fail, but usually they go dead (Like one I came across today) usually I find when there are dropped transponders its a bad/loose cable. Again like today, water had got into a ground block (Not my install, I use waterproof grease in all outside connections) and the connection had been arcing for some time, caused the LNB to go bad.

Not suggesting anything like that with your set up : ) Just an example of a typical LNB failure.

Just rechecked and my lnb was set for standard. Could this have been my issue with the easyfind lnb?

Absolutely, very good chance this was the problem. Try again next Tuesday when volleyball is televised. Note, every satellite you use in the antenna setup needs to have the lnb changed when you go there.