SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

Bought the webcast; neulion is actually fairly good hooked up to the big screen, not FTA, but much better than off and on (mostly off) FTA

FTA good for several minutes now...maybe they put another quarter in the machine...

Must have got here late but my signal is fine. 68-70 in the 30 inch and upper 70s to low 80s on the six foot. Even my openbox was getting signals close to 70.

Steady signal since midway through the second period; terrible prior to that.

I'm currently trying to tune my dish for the season.

I did an autoscan on what my receiver and I do not see the Airforce vs Michigan game

I do see a college football game; C. Michigan vs North Carolina st.

Can anyone tell me if that is on 87W or am i pointed wrong?

Can one of you tell me what your TP freq and SR is? I'm getting 73% on the patient channel, and getting about 25 others, but no FSSN. Thankya.

12095 V 4880

If you have a strong signal for the patient channel, you should be able to scan in the above, only slightly below the patient channel tp (82 vs 77 for me on the traxis 4000)

I'm currently trying to tune my dish for the season.

I did an autoscan on what my receiver and I do not see the Airforce vs Michigan game

I do see a college football game; C. Michigan vs North Carolina st.

Can anyone tell me if that is on 87W or am i pointed wrong?

That game is not on 87W, although there are a couple others. What's the tp info, didn't find it on 85W either, but rather than blind scan everywhere, if you list a tp, I can probably tell you where you are pointed.

• Upvote 1

I have 63 channels on my channel list, but it says 87W...could I be on the wrong bird? I have a ESPN channel, Troy vs. Lousiana. I also have the Patient channel and a Bloomberg Affiliates channel...

Good strong signal, pregame has started The patient channel is on 87W, so you are pointed at the right bird. Go to your tpscan menu and add the FSSN tp info, than scan the tp. What is your quality on the patient channel. Seems you have some listed there that are on a next door satellite.

• Upvote 1

Scanned the TP, prompt comes back " no program found". Man, I have never had this much trouble.

Good strong signal, pregame has started The patient channel is on 87W, so you are pointed at the right bird. Go to your tpscan menu and add the FSSN tp info, than scan the tp. What is your quality on the patient channel. Seems you have some listed there that are on a next door satellite.

• Upvote 1

Scanned the TP, prompt comes back " no program found". Man, I have never had this much trouble.

Are you using usals or disecq for your positioner setting? Try disecq, go into the disecq setting, and try bumping the dish east and west while on the patient channel tp, and see if you can increase the quaility on that channel. If you can you're not perfectly pointed.

• Upvote 1

I'm doing a stationary setup. I have Disq disabled in the menu. Oh well, radio will be fine.

Are you using usals or disecq for your positioner setting? Try disecq, go into the disecq setting, and try bumping the dish east and west while on the patient channel tp, and see if you can increase the quaility on that channel. If you can you're not perfectly pointed.

Had the luxury to attend the games this weekend but eastern nd had some strong winds....not only lost some shingles on the barn but wind knocked the satellite to 89. Gave it a slight notch to the east and i have 78 percent quality on patient channel and still have 75 percent quality on abc news now......think i can get away leaving it here and picking up sioux game?

Had the luxury to attend the games this weekend but eastern nd had some strong winds....not only lost some shingles on the barn but wind knocked the satellite to 89. Gave it a slight notch to the east and i have 78 percent quality on patient channel and still have 75 percent quality on abc news now......think i can get away leaving it here and picking up sioux game?

No doubt the problems for FSSN during the first game Friday were the winds in GF. You probably can get away with your current point, but I'd use diseqc as the positioner setting, then, after scanning in FSSN, maximize the signal in the diseqc menu by bumping east and west on the FSSN transponder to get the best "quality", then save the position in diseqc.

• Upvote 1