SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

Switching the lnb to universal did the trick. 83 percent quality:)

Ha Ha, 83% will work no matter WHAT the winter throughs at you!

Great stuff!

------------

The signal was so good I got 55 signal quality on this drawing of a dish : )

319055_2383773755378_1281765152_2963716_1778627903_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's an HD feed. 12029 H 12999. It will say truck I. The site had the wrong sat. Should have been amc 16 not galaxy 16. I wonder if there is a cooler stadium in the big sky conference?

Interesting, Montana has gone HD, no wonder I can't get it. Do you have the openbox attached to your traxis? No doubt that's the nicest stadium in the Big Sky, and one of the nicest anywhere.

I have them side by side with different HDMI cords into a 42 inch tv. Also have a line for my 6 foot but I have that set up for c band right now. I will bring out the 1 meter winegard with a motor once hockey starts so I will have a 30" motored, a 1 meter motored and a solid 6 foot stationary. Plus I have all of them wired into 3 rooms in my house. ;)

I have them side by side with different HDMI cords into a 42 inch tv. Also have a line for my 6 foot but I have that set up for c band right now. I will bring out the 1 meter winegard with a motor once hockey starts so I will have a 30" motored, a 1 meter motored and a solid 6 foot stationary. Plus I have all of them wired into 3 rooms in my house. ;)

Does the openbox have usals and diseqc? Would guess there is very little HD on KU band, right?

Ebay. Pete also has one.

The open box does what it says on the box but...........

Takes about 30 mins to scan a satellite.... USALS seems to work fine : )

Worst thing about it is I find a lag in the audio behind the video. For a movie or action show its really noticeable. But for sports I would guess not a big deal.

Another bad point I found with my open box is the picture color, seems very saturated.

But as I say it does work...... easy to slave it to a Traxis : )

I do agree with Pete on his points. Cheap receiver to get more feeds. I wish Traxis would get with it and get a HD receiver but this will do for me. Unless my ebay account finds an Azbox. :ohmy:

What ever you do dont waste the big $$$ on an AZBox Salgari has one on my forum and sent me a very negative analysis of it. I am sure he will get around to posting it, or I will.

Is the Open Box worth $100?

Yes, but not much more.

Best to bid around $100 on e-bay and stand your ground. Eventually someone will sell you one for $100

Question. My daughter grew up in Wisconsin but is a big Sioux hockey fan. She's now a college student in NOLA and is already asking how she can watch the Sioux/Badger series in October. I will get her a subscription for this year's Sioux broadcasts at FightingSioux.com, but that won't help her with the Badger series. Her dorm won't have a cable subscription that will get her access. I doubt New Orleans has a lot of bars that show WCHA hockey on Friday and Saturday nights, though I'm sure whe would never go in a bar anyway. :)

Is there a solution to this (outside four game tickets and one round trip airfare, as she has so kindly suggested)?

Question. My daughter grew up in Wisconsin but is a big Sioux hockey fan. She's now a college student in NOLA and is already asking how she can watch the Sioux/Badger series in October. I will get her a subscription for this year's Sioux broadcasts at FightingSioux.com, but that won't help her with the Badger series. Her dorm won't have a cable subscription that will get her access. I doubt New Orleans has a lot of bars that show WCHA hockey on Friday and Saturday nights, though I'm sure whe would never go in a bar anyway. :)

Is there a solution to this (outside four game tickets and one round trip airfare, as she has so kindly suggested)?

You are, I am sure, very proud of your daughter.

The only way anyone can watch on TV is FSN North alternate, which airs many Wisco home games, and has always had the Sioux series. In New Orleans, that would take a Dish or Directtv system with the sports pack (directv), or multisports pack (dish) to get it. Wisco may also have pay for web streams, but not sure where that might be found.

It doesn't appear that the series will be on FSN, however:

http://www.collegehockeylive.com/men/d1/teams/wcha/wisconsin.aspx#tv_schedule and no listed webcast. May be radio only.