SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UNH

AZSIOUX

Really? :angry:

No one is saying they won't feel crappy. But if people want to vent there frustration on the loss here then so be it. It's a message board after all.

This loss is a fresh and open wound. We're still Fighting Sioux fans in the end and will support and follow them whether they win or lose.

I am talking about the comment that because we are pissed and are ranting we are somehow backstabbing the players. That is a stupid comment. Finley did not cover his man and made an awful play. That is a fact and in no way backstabbing Finley.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I wanted to mention that I agree with the poster who said they were impressed with how Blood stepped up after LaPoint's injury. I agree with you. You really didn't hear his name much but when he was on the ice he was very solid and reliable. Looking forward to seeing him grow as a UND Defenseman :angry:.

Really? :angry:

No one is saying they won't feel crappy. But if people want to vent there frustration on the loss here then so be it. It's a message board after all.

This loss is a fresh and open wound. We're still Fighting Sioux fans in the end and will support and follow them whether they win or lose.

Amen and Amen! This program is about passion; both positive and negative. We'll be back next year, better than ever.

Who made Siouxman God?

Nobody made me God! But Webster defines constructive as "building up; helpful and I haven't seen that expressed much at all.

Whining is not constructive criticism. Comments that suggest it might have been better to play that last regulation face-off in a specific manner would be constructive criticism. Stating simply that someone is a slow pylon is simply criticism. I simply would hope that people would have a little more respect and appreciation for the effort of this team this year, what it went through, and the very significant injuries a number of them played through in just today's game. Those that want to criticize and lay blame, have it at it. It is too long until next October to be that bitter and when you can move on to someone else in the fall.

Hey at least in a couple weeks I get to drop another 2 grand on my favorite team who chokes every year. So pumped to get those season tix at the Ralph again!

Good god....as if 6 frozen fours and only one title in 9 years isn't bad enough, we have to end this year like this.

Vikings, Wolves, Mets, Sioux..........why me.

Now it's off to start cheering on my Mets so that they can just TOTALLY COLLAPSE in September like they always do. Go from one choking team to another wahoo!!!

Hey at least in a couple weeks I get to drop another 2 grand on my favorite team who chokes every year.

Good god....as if 6 frozen fours and only one title in 9 years isn't bad enough, we have to end this year like this.

Now it's off to start cheering on my Mets so that they can just TOTALLY COLLAPSE in September like they always do. Go from one choking team to another wahoo!!!

I wouldn't go quite that far, but I feel your pain. We are becoming like the Gophers of the Doug Woog era: Close, but no cigar. I'm a loyal Sioux fan and always will be, but this loss hurts.

Hey at least in a couple weeks I get to drop another 2 grand on my favorite team who chokes every year. So pumped to get those season tix at the Ralph again!

You don't have to renew your tickets

I am not trying to pick on him, but did Kozak play today? I dont remember hearing his name one time. and to think last year at this time we were wondering if he would come back or not. The only good news about the end of the season is that now the sun will start to shine daily :p

His assist on the Malone goal wasn't good enough for you? :angry:

Man this stinks! :angry:

After Michigan losing yesterday, I knew that at least I could hope for the Sioux to win and make it to the Frozen Four. You guys are the best when it comes to pre-game parties. But now I have to pull for BU, and hope my friends will come down to DC for the weekend.

A Frozen Four without a Sioux pre-game party will not be the same. :p

I can't believe some of you post here and call yourself true Fighting Sioux fans. This team has had to play playoff hockey since early January and pulled off a minor miracle in coming back to win the league. They paid a heavy price though in that they could no longer field a healthy enough team to go any further this season. The coaches can't reveal all of the injuries and their nature but when you have a kid who was a few days ago walking around your campus in walking cast out there playing today how can you be critical of what transpired. Now that the season is over ask any player you know about some of the injuries they were playing with this weekend then please be man enough to come back to this site and apologize to the team publicly for some your comments. :angry:

Rats. A tough way to end the season. As noted by the smart ones here, the boys feel three hundred times worse than any of us do. I feel miserable, but I am not going to engage in twisted miserable criticism that has little basis in reason or fact. The only thing I might have done different is to change up the face off on the final faceoff in regulation. Duncan had been picking his guys for the last three. Change it up and put Vandy in there for a different look. Would that have made any difference? Who knows?

North Dakota had another great year, and had another great shot at a title. They did not get it done. That is sport. It is not like they have been playing their little sisters. Joe Finley had a great career. Everyone griped about Brian Lee but, gee, somehow he is in the NHL. The same will be true of Finley. Every other senior on this team deserved more than an OT loss in the regional semifinal, but that's the way that the puck deflects. They are great kids all.

My biggest regret is that my plan to sell my great Frozen Four seats to some high crying high roller on this board, and to donate the cash to those fighting back the flood waters, is now a bit on the rocks. Hopefully, the Dogz will come through tonight and I can go fishing in Duluth instead of long lining behind the Sioux bandwagon.

Everyone has the right to register a gripe. I just find it a bit comical. As passionate of fans as some of us may be, we really have little to no skin in the game. No skin in the game. The game. It is only a game. The more important game is being waged by the brave sorts along the Red, who are without hot water, who are cold and tired, who are short on food, gasoline, and supplies, who are frantic with emotion, who are sandbagging with the equivalent of stacking frozen turkeys, who have not worked for a wage in days, and who remain great Sioux fans themselves. Today, I am far far more concerned with their "game" than with the outcome of a lousy hockey game out in New Hampshire. Their game, if won, will be far more important than any hockey win will ever be.

Anyone want to pay a big premium on four great lower level seats at the Frozen Four? Your money will go to a great cause. Jeez. The Sioux loss is my fault. If I had not committed to not going to the Frozen Four this year, Duncan would have scored the second period goal, Duncan would have won the faceoff with six seconds left, Hak would not have called a timeout near the end of the game, Vandy would have taken the draw instead of Duncan, Eidness would not have stepped too far out of his crease, Finley would have stepped back instead of stepped up, and the Red would have crested without incident.

It is always tough to see the end of another Sioux hockey season. It is also a good time to remember that there are far far more important things in life over which to agonize than the outcome of a silly silly game that will be played for a long long time after we are all long long gone.

Gotta say though whether it be coincidence or not. Teams that win the MacNaughton Cup seem to fall flat come post-season. :angry:

This has only been true recently. Sioux SHARED it in 1997, and won it all that year. They won it outright the next 2 years, and lost out. Pretty sure we didn't win it in 2000, but won the NT again, and haven't won anything since. McNaughten cup has NOTHING to do with it, in my opinion. It only matters WHO shows up to play on WHAT day, and when it counted TODAY, our team didn't have it. END OF STORY. Everyone needs to quit pointing fingers and blaming players on our favorite team, %hit HAPPENS sometimes. I wanted to see this team go on and win it all as much as anyone, but it's OVER, so let's just RELOAD and get back to playing hockey next season.

Just wanted to add that expecting to win five faceoffs in a row is alot. In reality, winning 55 percent of them is considered pretty good. So the sioux win 4 out of five but lose the most critical. It's what happened after that that bothers me... where the hell was Joe Finley when the shot from the point was taken? Only Genoway was at the net...why did Joe pursue the puck to the side board with under five seconds to go? Why wasn't he in front of the net. Did he forget what he should do in this situation? Did Hakstal go over it with him?:angry:

Hopefully these are viewed as constructive questions because there is really no excuse to leave only one guy in front of the net with a six on five with five seconds remaining. Nobody helped. Block a shot. Do something. They just stood there and watched Chay dive from one end of the net to the other...tie game...

I can't believe some of you post here and call yourself true Fighting Sioux fans. This team has had to play playoff hockey since early January and pulled off a minor miracle in coming back to win the league. They paid a heavy price though in that they could no longer field a healthy enough team to go any further this season. The coaches can't reveal all of the injuries and their nature but when you have a kid who was a few days ago walking around your campus in walking cast out there playing today how can you be critical of what transpired. Now that the season is over ask any player you know about some of the injuries they were playing with this weekend then please be man enough to come back to this site and apologize to the team publicly for some your comments. :angry:

Sorry, Peter Puck, but all teams at this time of the season are battling injuries. That excuse doesn't fly.

I just e-mailed my oldest friend--who doesn't know a damn thing about hockey except how much I love it--that our season is over and before I can talk about it I have to process my feelings first.

The loss stings, they all do. Is there any such thing as a good way to lose? As long as they insist upon keeping score, there's going to be a loser and a winner in the NCAAs. Winning is definitely better, as I remember from the euphoria of Milwaukee and Providence. We'll get to the Promised Land again, we will! Right now, it's time to reflect, refuel and then go at it again full bore in about 6 months.

Can't wait for that puck to drop.

Rats. A tough way to end the season. As noted by the smart ones here, the boys feel three hundred times worse than any of us do. I feel miserable, but I am not going to engage in twisted miserable criticism that has little basis in reason or fact. The only thing I might have done different is to change up the face off on the final faceoff in regulation. Duncan had been picking his guys for the last three. Change it up and put Vandy in there for a different look. Would that have made any difference? Who knows?

North Dakota had another great year, and had another great shot at a title. They did not get it done. That is sport. It is not like they have been playing their little sisters. Joe Finley had a great career. Everyone griped about Brian Lee but, gee, somehow he is in the NHL. The same will be true of Finley. Every other senior on this team deserved more than an OT loss in the regional semifinal, but that's the way that the puck deflects. They are great kids all.

My biggest regret is that my plan to sell my great Frozen Four seats to some high crying high roller on this board, and to donate the cash to those fighting back the flood waters, is now a bit on the rocks. Hopefully, the Dogz will come through tonight and I can go fishing in Duluth instead of long lining behind the Sioux bandwagon.

Everyone has the right to register a gripe. I just find it a bit comical. As passionate of fans as some of us may be, we really have little to no skin in the game. No skin in the game. The game. It is only a game. The more important game is being waged by the brave sorts along the Red, who are without hot water, who are cold and tired, who are short on food, gasoline, and supplies, who are frantic with emotion, who are sandbagging with the equivalent of stacking frozen turkeys, who have not worked for a wage in days, and who remain great Sioux fans themselves. Today, I am far far more concerned with their "game" than with the outcome of a lousy hockey game out in New Hampshire. Their game, if won, will be far more important than any hockey win will ever be.

Anyone want to pay a big premium on four great lower level seats at the Frozen Four? Your money will go to a great cause. Jeez. The Sioux loss is my fault. If I had not committed to not going to the Frozen Four this year, Duncan would have scored the second period goal, Duncan would have won the faceoff with six seconds left, Hak would not have called a timeout near the end of the game, Vandy would have taken the draw instead of Duncan, Eidness would not have stepped too far out of his crease, Finley would have stepped back instead of stepped up, and the Red would have crested without incident.

It is always tough to see the end of another Sioux hockey season. It is also a good time to remember that there are far far more important things in life over which to agonize than the outcome of a silly silly game that will be played for a long long time after we are all long long gone.

Good post.

I just e-mailed my oldest friend--who doesn't know a damn thing about hockey except how much I love it--that our season is over and before I can talk about it I have to process my feelings first.

The loss stings, they all do. Is there any such thing as a good way to lose? As long as they insist upon keeping score, there's going to be a loser and a winner in the NCAAs. Winning is definitely better, as I remember from the euphoria of Milwaukee and Providence. We'll get to the Promised Land again, we will! Right now, it's time to reflect, refuel and then go at it again full bore in about 6 months.

Can't wait for that puck to drop.

Me neither. Even during the summer I got hockey my mind. October needs to come early this year! :angry: