SiouxSports.com Forum

Other WCHA and NCAA game scores

AZSIOUX

Stalock was on fire again tongiht... Took the wife tongiht, she had a good time. The World arena was half empty again. CC just couldn't get any momentum, and UMD was super on the defensive. The Gophers will have their hands full next week if this team show up agian.

Esox

UMD will have their hands much more full if this Gopher team and this Alex Kangas shows up.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UMD will have their hands much more full if this Gopher team and this Alex Kangas shows up.

Key stat: The Gophers only have three sweeps all season. All three have come against SCSU.

Not saying that the Gophers aren't looking better, but their games against SCSU probably aren't the best indicator at this point. It was just a few short games ago that this Gopher team gave up 6 goals to Tech, the lowest scoring team in the NCAA.

Key stat: The Gophers only have three sweeps all season. All three have come against SCSU.

Not saying that the Gophers aren't looking better, but their games against SCSU probably aren't the best indicator at this point. It was just a few short games ago that this Gopher team gave up 6 goals to Tech, the lowest scoring team in the NCAA.

Understandable, I can see where you are coming from. We are also a few short games ago from taking 3 points from UMD though. I think the essential "home ice" is going to be what puts the Gophers over the top.

Understandable, I can see where you are coming from. We are also a few short games ago from taking 3 points from UMD though. I think the essential "home ice" is going to be what puts the Gophers over the top.

FINALLY - somebody admitted the obvious to everyone except metropolitan minnesota residents

And not to rain on the goofs parade but they were swept by the Sioux, Tigers, Badgers, Mavericks...

Based on this past weekend you got past a team with no D and one line did most of your scoring. That bodes real well when you have to face a team with a real D. ;)

Based on the way your team has played this season that is a pretty silly statement. Stalock is a much better goalie than Kangas now that the Gophers are in the Final Five tourney don't expect the Refs to let you clutch and grab UMD up and down the ice and the Dogs have some pretty good players as well. The Dogs also did something your team couldn't do beat the Tigers in Colorado springs. Lastly, You forget a lot of fans will be cheering against your team.

I think Scotty Owens' honeymoon is long since over. No dis-respect to Duluth but when your NCAA tournament chances are hanging in the balance and you have home ice in the first round, you gotta do better than just 2 goals all weekend. Nonetheless, despite Duluth beating (deservedly) CC, I will be pulling for the Dogs this Thursday against the Gophers.

Based on the way your team has played this season that is a pretty silly statement. Stalock is a much better goalie than Kangas now that the Gophers are in the Final Five tourney don't expect the Refs to let you clutch and grab UMD up and down the ice and the Dogs have some pretty good players as well. The Dogs also did something your team couldn't do beat the Tigers in Colorado springs. Lastly, You forget a lot of fans will be cheering against your team.

Both games in Minneapolis were close, with the Bulldogs leading in both games, and dominating on the forecheck for long stretches. Friday they gave up the tying goal due to a missed call on a blatant interference penalty in front of the Gopher net, and Saturday they had a couple poor defensive breakdowns after taking a 3-2 lead into the third period, and allowed unmarked Minnesota forwards to glide in and put the puck in a half empty net. The D looked much better against CC and even in the high altitude they played tough for 120 minutes. Thursday night is going to be a battle.

Now its

BU - 3

Maine - 1

3:26 left in 1st

It is an incredibly slow paced game, and BU has had 2 lucky goals, If maine had a descent goalie it would be 1-1 still

Hockey east is very boring i might add, but it is better than work lol

RU getting this on TV somewhere?

NMU scored a shortie and are up 1-0 over Miami after one.

I am watching it online on B2 Networks, i just wanted to catch a BU game before regionals to see why they are such a favourite to go all the way this year, judging by this game (so far) i cant see anything special from BU,

BU - 6

Maine - 1

4:07 left in 2nd

BU with another lucky bounce and shocking save attempt by Maine Goalie to go up by 3.

Then Maine caught on change and BU scores to go up by 4.

Maine defender last man back gives the puck away to BU and he walks in and scores, Maine goalie is shocking