3 Wisconsin 22 13-7-2 28

4 St. Cloud State 24 12-11-1 25

5 Colorado College 23 10-8-5 25

6 Minnesota 22 10-8-4 24

7 Minnesota-Duluth 22 9-8-5 23

8 Minnesota State 24 9-13-2 20

9 Alaska-Anchorage 24 7-12-5 19

10 Michigan Tech 24 1-17-6 8

I just saw the still of Lapoint's leg. Let's hope it isn't as bad as it looks. From the still it looks like tib, fib, and achilles wouldn't stand much of a chance.

Hak said he will live to play another day which suggests it was a clean break. Based on the picture that is the best we can hope for and that Lapointe will be back on the ice to start next season.

Not to be too big of a jerk, but if we were fans of the other team we'd be screaming about being homered. PP after PP after PP. I watched on webcast so I just couldn't tell if they were all legit calls.

Still a good win, but the Mavs were shorthanded a lot. On the other hand, that's when they play their best hockey.

Not to be too big of a jerk, but if we were fans of the other team we'd be screaming about being homered. PP after PP after PP. I watched on webcast so I just couldn't tell if they were all legit calls.

Still a good win, but the Mavs were shorthanded a lot. On the other hand, that's when they play their best hockey.

for sure. without a doubt it would be a bich fest. great late comback for the sioux to get these 2 points

Wouldn't it depend if we had committed said rule infractions? Shouldn't it?

Great sweep, but man, what is with all the odd-man rushes allowed?

Gotta tighten up on that crap.

I'm proud to see the Sioux not go all ape-sh*t in retaliation for the Lapoint injury. This game could've gotten real ugly.

Oh, and those standings: 7 teams separated by 6 points? Wow, gonna be a fun last three weeks in the regular season.

That was one of the dirtiest plays I have seen this year next to the Todd Bertuzzi attack by Brian Schack.

Don't worry. Irwin will get, at most, 1 game suspension if anything at all. Maybe Jutting will try the "talking to" method and see what happens. I would.

I'm impressed with our team discipline.

However, overall, this game was ugly and we were lucky we won this game. The first period after LaPoint's injury and pretty much the entire 3rd period was ALL MSUM.

I hate to say this, but... I don't think we'd have gotten a W if it wasn't for all those trips to the penalty box.

And I'm with mikejm. This week should be spent mostly on PP. 2 for 10 and a shortie. Seriously.

MSUM has 5 shorties against us this season alone... They've played us what... 4 games this year? That is PATHETIC.

From what I have seen this weekend that was by far the dirtiest hockey team that I have seen come to the REA this season.

They make DU look like a bunch of Choir Boys.

Don't worry. Irwin will get, at most, 1 game suspension if anything at all. Maybe Jutting will try the "talking to" method and see what happens. I would.

However, overall, this game was ugly and we were lucky we won this game. The first period after LaPoint's injury and pretty much the entire 3rd period was ALL MSUM.

I hate to say this, but... I don't think we'd have gotten a W if it wasn't for all those trips to the penalty box.

all of that and we still found a way to win, awesome to see

I thought we did a terrific job of adjusting to how the game was called. Mankato didn't.

I mean really - we almost totally stopped hitting. About 100 times a Sioux player would normally make the hit, bumpt the guy, they skated by OR just hit the wall next to the Mav player. We backed off, knowing the implications. The few hits we did make were obviously conservative and even there, Sioux guys were holding back.

Very impressive restraint and character.

Don't you think it was predictable that the Sioux would see much more powerplay time after the hit on LaPoint? Since I was at the game and didn't see the replay, I only know that I thought it was another hit from behind that went uncalled, and put us in a bad situation for the rest of the game. I was pretty sure the refs would try make things right, except how do replace a defenseman possibly for the year.

And I'm with mikejm. This week should be spent mostly on PP. 2 for 10 and a shortie. Seriously.

MSUM has 5 shorties against us this season alone... They've played us what... 4 games this year? That is PATHETIC.

If the league office does nothing they will have lost what ever tiny shred of credibility they had.

Hey AZ... now that your brainwaves are chemically "enhanced," Do you happen to have any replica jerseys that have the WCHA patch on it?

I could REALLY use one... only I don't have anything to swap and I don't have any money... So, basically, since you're wealthy (and hopefully REALLY intoxicated), can I have one of yours? :huh: