SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS SATURDAY

gfhockey

How can you bottle this ? Was it anger / frustration / hatred ?

I'm sure we were all in the same boat, from the 1st half of the season & it was a major Release for everyone

Most of us knew this team was better than anything we had seen thus far this year.

I just knew we would bust out on someone - I never really thought this weekend - I thought a win or two was possible ( I always think that :D )

Like has been said for many years - In the second half, the new guys are no longer rookies & have to step up - some how Hak & coaches makes that happen

I hope confidence is what it takes to keep this going - because for two games they were the best College Hockey team in the Nation & arguably the best in some time .............GO SIOUX !

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone forgot to read INCH this week. I wonder if the Sioux players read this?

Mike Eidelbes: This is one of those series that is predictably unpredictable, but I think the Gophers will get a boost by finally getting the whole band back together from injuries (Barriball, Carman) and the WJC (Fairchild, Hoeffel, Schroeder). Even without Don Lucia behind the bench, Minnesota will sweep the Fighting Sioux. NoDak was awful in losses to Michigan State and Michigan Tech at the GLI, and Bemidji State gave them all they could handle.

Freshmen and sophomore forwards are really starting to take over, and man, they are exciting to watch. Every line created oppurtunities.

There wasn't one player that looked like they weren't playing up to snuff, except for the brown players out there.

For those that don't know. Jonesy had one of his patented "rage blackouts." When he gets riled up to those extremes, he literally blacks out and can't remember what he's even doing until after the fact. Another rage blackout he had was last year in Wisconsin during the regular season when he was taking on two guys at once.

Well according to the conventional wisdom before the season, we lost our only good players in Oshie, Chorney and JPL--the rest of the team was just for decoration last year.

Some of those guys were coming up big this weekend. Some of the younger guys are making big strides each week.

Freshmen and sophomore forwards are really starting to take over, and man, they are exciting to watch. Every line created oppurtunities.

There wasn't one player that looked like they weren't playing up to snuff, except for the brown players out there.

For those that don't know. Jonesy had one of his patented "rage blackouts." When he gets riled up to those extremes, he literally blacks out and can't remember what he's even doing until after the fact. Another rage blackout he had was last year in Wisconsin during the regular season when he was taking on two guys at once.

I saw the patiented Jonsey snap in Bemidji 2 or 3 years ago and it was funny the two benches were yapping back and forth.

Seratorre was yapping with the UND coaches. I think Jones got sticked in a sensative area or something like that and went after

the wrong guy. :D

Agreed and based on his freshman campaign Hextall could be the most complete player to wear the Kelly Green since his great uncle. He seems to be good at every aspect of the game, even keeping his composure. But one of these days some opponent is going to push him too far and they will pay dearly. I think he will wear the C before his UND career is over.

I thought it was a Burn on Kangas & the goofs that he got pulled - My daughter from Fargo who was at the Friday game pointed out to me - "Can you imagine how wore out Kangas was after two periods" - He played a whole game in the 1st

I like how Sherhurd came into the box to settle everyone down. I thought that was funny.

I hope these two teams play in the Final Five.

haha, my friends and I were right there and Shepard is all in Hextall's face giving him a talking to and Hextall is like, "um ok, yes sir that was wrong of me, sure thing i will stop it" It kinda reminded me of a game, I don't remember which one it was, but Shep had his finger up in JPar's face giving him a talking to with one finger out and JPar was like, "yes sir, I am number one...thanks for reminding me" If you don't know what I am talking about, I will try to find the picture of the incident.

haha, my friends and I were right there and Shepard is all in Hextall's face giving him a talking to and Hextall is like, "um ok, yes sir that was wrong of me, sure thing i will stop it" It kinda reminded me of a game, I don't remember which one it was, but Shep had his finger up in JPar's face giving him a talking to with one finger out and JPar was like, "yes sir, I am number one...thanks for reminding me" If you don't know what I am talking about, I will try to find the picture of the incident.

I actually have to commend the refs in this situation. Redwing77 is going to disppointed with me. But the refs did the right thing they took the players that were all fired up from the scrum and instead of giving players DQ's like some might have they they gave them 10-minute missconducts. Actually Barriball is lucky Hextall didn't get to take a piece of him. Also, Lucia's spear was bush league.

Little late to the party, but what a great weekend to be at the Ralph. :D

'Lil tDon's spear of Trupp was about as cheap as is gets. But to then jaw with Jones, get called out and offered up a chance to settle it but then goes tail between the legs is as Sally as is comes. There is a reason there is a saying involving an apple and a tree!

Let's hope this is the turning point for both teams for the 2nd half of the season. A Sioux team that knows it can complete with lots of effort and dominates from here on out and a Gopher team that, once again, has the leadership from a bunch of WWF wannabes and will continue to crumble like the past few years.

'Lil tDon's spear of Trupp was about as cheap as is gets. But to then jaw with Jones, get called out and offered up a chance to settle it but then goes tail between the legs is as Sally as is comes. There is a reason there is a saying involving an apple and a tree!

Let's hope this is the turning point for both teams for the 2nd half of the season. A Sioux team that knows it can complete with lots of effort and dominates from here on out and a Gopher team that, once again, has the leadership from a bunch of WWF wannabes and will continue to crumble like the past few years.

HOF post

Zajac also offered someone a chance to settle it on the ice as well when he skated out on the ice pointed to the Goofs bench and out there we will settle this. Of course the maroon and gold turtles won't because they chicken. They would rather run their mouth and hide behind their face masks and sticks.

This is easier to say since the Sioux won, but I'll say it anyways....

Being a WI born Sioux student/fan (with a lot of love for all things Badgers except hockey since I never grew up a hockey fan), I despise the Gophers. I love every time they lose no matter who it's against. However, that's just rivalry. I love it every time my favorite team plays them, because I always feel my team will be the better team. I love the hatred. I don't go out of my way to trash talk with anyone, and can usually find fans from the opposing team who are actually good people who you can talk a good conversation with. There are dumb fans from both sides, and good fans from both sides. I don't think anything that goes on during a game is wrong, I just think its rivalry. I have nothing against any Gopher fan and hope that things never change. Imagine if everyone loved each other and we all got along. How boring would it be when each team matched up?

Let's enjoy these while we can. They'll have their games where they will beat us like we did them. All we can ask for now is that the team realized what they can accomplish when they leave everything on the ice for 120 minutes.

Jonesy was known as 'Psycho Jones' by my sons and I as a freshman. I think Hak told him to settle down. He did for two years, has matured and now you're seeing bits and pieces of 'Psycho Jones'. 'I pity the fool' that thinks he can take him on and come out 'whole'.

This is easier to say since the Sioux won, but I'll say it anyways....

Being a WI born Sioux student/fan (with a lot of love for all things Badgers except hockey since I never grew up a hockey fan), I despise the Gophers. I love every time they lose no matter who it's against. However, that's just rivalry. I love it every time my favorite team plays them, because I always feel my team will be the better team. I love the hatred. I don't go out of my way to trash talk with anyone, and can usually find fans from the opposing team who are actually good people who you can talk a good conversation with. There are dumb fans from both sides, and good fans from both sides. I don't think anything that goes on during a game is wrong, I just think its rivalry. I have nothing against any Gopher fan and hope that things never change. Imagine if everyone loved each other and we all got along. How boring would it be when each team matched up?

Let's enjoy these while we can. They'll have their games where they will beat us like we did them. All we can ask for now is that the team realized what they can accomplish when they leave everything on the ice for 120 minutes.

Since the final five a few years back (Wheeler goal) I try to avoid much contact with Goofs fans. I had some some skippy wearing a Gophers jersey corner me at the urinal and the door at the Xcel Energy Center in 2007 to tell me my team sucked. I would have loved to run into this skippy after the Regional in Denver. I had to tell the guy to get the hell out of my way so I could return to my seat watch the game, since it was hard to watch the game in the bathroom.

I am too old to get into some petty pissing contest with oppostion fans. I would rather have a few beers with them and have fun, there are some cool gophers fans.

Also, The hatred for the Goofs keeps me warm on a cold day like this past weekend.

I thought it was a Burn on Kangas & the goofs that he got pulled - My daughter from Fargo who was at the Friday game pointed out to me - "Can you imagine how wore out Kangas was after two periods" - He played a whole game in the 1st

what was funny is that this was "kangas" weekend on the frankie and woog show. Both nights they ran game and interview clips of him before the game and between periods - and both nights he got lit up so bad he was pulled - ironic eh.

Great weekend for you guys. Hopefully Gophers show up next time we face off.

I think there will be at least one more match either at the X or at Mariucci.

I hope so even though most of the folks in metropolitan minny don't think that this is a #1 rivalry - at least that is what they say in an attempt to ridicule North Dakota folks who believe it is.

what was funny is that this was "kangas" weekend on the frankie and woog show. Both nights they ran game and interview clips of him before the game and between periods - and both nights he got lit up so bad he was pulled - ironic eh.

I thought I was going to puke when they ran the segment "What's on Alex's Ipod".

I hope so as even though most of the folks in metropolitan minny don't think that this is a #1 rivalry - at least that is what they say in an attempt to ridicule us North Dakota folks who believe it is.

I think that that must be the case (UND not their biggest rival) cause they sure olayed like it.