SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS FRIDAY

BudLight

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would someone post the score and who scored for the Sioux? My internet connection is so slow if I go back to read the thread, I'll still be reading page 3 come Monday morning. Thanks in advance.

First period

No scoring.

Second period

UND 1, Minnesota 0 -- Evan Trupp 1:17 (sh). Trupp strips a Gopher defenseman of the puck, moves in shorthanded and beats Kangas five-hole.

UND 2, Minnesota 0 -- Jason Gregoire (Evan Trupp, Matt Frattin) 5:13 (pp). Frattin has a good chance and it winds up in the slot, where Trupp tips it to Gregoire at the bottom of the right circle. Gregoire snipes it in for a 2-0 lead.

UND 2, Minnesota 1 -- Ryan Stoa (Sam Lofquist, Cade Fairchild) 7:41. Minnesota finally puts some pressure on and Stoa bangs in a rebound of a Lofquist shot.

UND 3, Minnesota 1 -- Ryan Duncan (Jason Gregoire, Brett Hextall) 11:25. Gregoire leads a rush on the left wing and puts a shot on goal. Duncan is able to knock the rebound in out of the air.

UND 4, Minnesota 1 -- Jason Gregoire 17:29. Gregoire makes a strong play in the neutral zone and goes on a breakaway. He makes a move to his backhand and buries it five-hole on Kangas.

Third period

UND 4, Minnesota 2 -- Ryan Stoa (Cade Fairchild, Jordan Schroeder) 4:29. UND tries to get the puck out of the zone, but it ends up on Fairchild's stick. He feeds Stoa in the slot and the captain rips a shot off the post and in for his second goal of the game.

UND 5, Minnesota 2 -- Andrew Kozek (Chris VandeVelde) 8:46. VandeVelde makes a great power move and puts a pass on the stick of Kozek in the left circle. Kozek snipes it to break a six-game goal drought.

UND 6, Minnesota 2 -- Ryan Martens (Joe Finley, Darcy Zajac) . Martens takes the long rebound off the end wall and puts it in the short side. Kangas out.

UND 6, Minnesota 3 -- Jordan Schroeder (Ryan Stoa, Jay Barriball) 12:24. The Gophers score on a 2-on-1, when Stoa moves Eidsness out of positions and dishes to Schroeder for an easy goal.

Wow! The Sioux pretty much owned the Gophers tonight. And it was a pleasure being in attendance watching the Gophers get dominated. I'll give it to them though that they did show some life in the 3rd and almost looked like they were going to turn things around but the Sioux didn't let that happen.

When Kangas got the call to be bench he skated off and threw his stick down the hallway in complete frustration as he headed towards the locker room. Quite enjoyable to see :angry:.

And I gotta say Hextall is nicely filling in Prpich's old job of getting under opponents skin. :huh:

Let's show up tomorrow with the same intensity and sweep these Gophers!

First period

No scoring.

Second period

UND 1, Minnesota 0 -- Evan Trupp 1:17 (sh). Trupp strips a Gopher defenseman of the puck, moves in shorthanded and beats Kangas five-hole.

UND 2, Minnesota 0 -- Jason Gregoire (Evan Trupp, Matt Frattin) 5:13 (pp). Frattin has a good chance and it winds up in the slot, where Trupp tips it to Gregoire at the bottom of the right circle. Gregoire snipes it in for a 2-0 lead.

UND 2, Minnesota 1 -- Ryan Stoa (Sam Lofquist, Cade Fairchild) 7:41. Minnesota finally puts some pressure on and Stoa bangs in a rebound of a Lofquist shot.

UND 3, Minnesota 1 -- Ryan Duncan (Jason Gregoire, Brett Hextall) 11:25. Gregoire leads a rush on the left wing and puts a shot on goal. Duncan is able to knock the rebound in out of the air.

UND 4, Minnesota 1 -- Jason Gregoire 17:29. Gregoire makes a strong play in the neutral zone and goes on a breakaway. He makes a move to his backhand and buries it five-hole on Kangas.

Third period

UND 4, Minnesota 2 -- Ryan Stoa (Cade Fairchild, Jordan Schroeder) 4:29. UND tries to get the puck out of the zone, but it ends up on Fairchild's stick. He feeds Stoa in the slot and the captain rips a shot off the post and in for his second goal of the game.

UND 5, Minnesota 2 -- Andrew Kozek (Chris VandeVelde) 8:46. VandeVelde makes a great power move and puts a pass on the stick of Kozek in the left circle. Kozek snipes it to break a six-game goal drought.

UND 6, Minnesota 2 -- Ryan Martens (Joe Finley, Darcy Zajac) . Martens takes the long rebound off the end wall and puts it in the short side. Kangas out.

UND 6, Minnesota 3 -- Jordan Schroeder (Ryan Stoa, Jay Barriball) 12:24. The Gophers score on a 2-on-1, when Stoa moves Eidsness out of positions and dishes to Schroeder for an easy goal.

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for the great play by play!!!! Man o' man, it's great to beat the Goofs!!!

I just don't have much of a problem with Stoa here. He said he was completely embarassed by their effort (and looked it). He's the captain, he was embarassed and POd, and here's a chance to give some back to Hextall and fire up his team for tomorrow. If a Sioux leader had done that in that circumstance, I would have been fine with it.

That's BS. A guy's lying on the ice and you dive on him leading with a crosscheck to the head.

If a Sioux player did it I'd be saying it was bushleague. There's a whole nother thing besides squaring up and telling someone you'll fight with him versus cheap shotting a player that's down.

That's BS. A guy's lying on the ice and you dive on him leading with a crosscheck to the head.

If a Sioux player did it I'd be saying it was bushleague. There's a whole nother thing besides squaring up and telling someone you'll fight with him versus cheap shotting a player that's down.

:angry: What happened?

Wow! The Sioux pretty much owned the Gophers tonight. And it was a pleasure being in attendance watching the Gophers get dominated. I'll give it to them though that they did show some life in the 3rd and almost looked like they were going to turn things around but the Sioux didn't let that happen.

When Kangas got the call to be bench he skated off and threw his stick down the hallway in complete frustration as he headed towards the locker room. Quite enjoyable to see :angry:.

And I gotta say Hextall is nicely filling in Prpich's old job of getting under opponents skin. :huh:

Let's show up tomorrow with the same intensity and sweep these Gophers!

Agreed on all counts... absolutely kicked their butts for 2.5 periods. I'm wishing we could have scored the 4-5 goals that were on a silver platter in the first, but I'm still very happy.

Tomorrow is a new game... let's go Sioux!

:angry: What happened?

Hexstall had a chance and was checked into the goalie. He was lying on the ice and Stoa dived on him leading with a crosscheck to the head. The official saw the whole thing and had his arm up before the rest of the team came to the rescue.

I think it was an intent to injure.

Hexstall had a chance and was checked into the goalie. He was lying on the ice and Stoa dived on him leading with a crosscheck to the head. The official saw the whole thing and had his arm up before the rest of the team came to the rescue.

I think it was an intent to injure.

Is Stoa out for tomorrow?

I have had season tickets for over 25 yrs

This was the best game I have ever been to .

The 1st period was absolutely unbelievable - how we dominated ever faze of the game & if any pro scouts were there Kangas will be gone next week (He was that good)

How we could play that well & the puck luck & the passes was beyond belief - But not score, was absolutely UNREAL - but still the most entertaining period of hockey I have ever seen

The second was as good & we scored & it seemed only fair after the 1st

The third I was wore out & absolutely mesmerized with what I just saw

Kangas getting pulled was a absolute BURN & I actually felt bad for him (not really) :D

WOW it just does not get any better than this

I'm just Happy I did not have a heart attack :angry: from JOY & stress :huh:

I have had season tickets for over 25 yrs

This was the best game I have ever been to .

The 1st period was absolute unbelievable how we dominated ever faze of the game & if any pro scouts were there Kangas will be gone next week

How we could play that well & the puck luck & the passes was beyond belief - But not score, was absolutely UNREAL - but still the most entertaining period of hockey I have ever seen

The second was as good & we scored & it seemed only fair after the 1st

The third I was wore out & absolutely mesmerized with what I just saw

Kangas getting pulled was a absolute BURN & I actually felt bad for him (not really) :D

WOW it just does not get any better than this

I'm just Happy I did not have a heart attack :angry: from JOY & stress :huh:

I have to agree. This was one of the best games I've seen for quite a while. (Maybe not 25 years.) For two periods we were twice the team they were.

I'm hoping someone with the capabilities would be able to Youtube the Sioux goals. I would love to re-watch them.

I don't have any video goals, but I have a decent picture of the fourth goal from tonight. It was even before the crowd realized it was a goal. The picture was just a lucky shot. Not the best quality picture considering my point and shoot camera, but it works.

It's kind of big, so I'll just post the link.

http://i41.tinypic.com/15i88xh.jpg

nice to see you on here!! hope everything is going good for you up in alaska!

Thanks. There are only two bad things here, my home internet is too slow to get video and no mail if the temp falls below 16 degrees, it's too overcast, it's too windy, or it's snowing to hard, here or in Juneau. We haven't had a seaplane (which brings the mail)come to the island in almost two weeks!

I'm going to try to get the game on at work tomorrow. I can't get on SS.com there but maybe I'll be able to watch the game.

Thanks. There are only two bad things here, my home internet is too slow to get video and no mail if the temp falls below 16 degrees, it's too overcast, it's too windy, or it's snowing to hard, here or in Juneau. We haven't had a seaplane (which brings the mail)come to the island in almost two weeks!

I'm going to try to get the game on at work tomorrow. I can't get on SS.com there but maybe I'll be able to watch the game.

well good luck to you on that and hopefully the sioux will put on another good show for you!

Incredible game. I have to admit that I fully expected the Gophers to kick the home teams azz tonight. I was obviously pleasantly surprised. I've not seen a Sioux team play with that kind of hop, that level of intensity, for a long, long time. There simply was no contest from the opening drop of the puck.

But you've really got to quit all the hating on Stoa: that is a very, very talented hockey player. He's got the size, the hands and the speed to be a real force at the next level. He is deserving of every word of praise heaped on him.

I'm thinking Saturday will be a lot closer checking, a lot chippier game. The gloves will drop and we might see some DQs. If this is the real Sioux team I wonder why the heck Hakstol kept it under wraps for three months.