SiouxSports.com Forum

Random Thoughts of Happiness

DamStrait

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siembida literally standing up and facing backwards when a goal was scored on him last year, team not recalled.

Blake antagonizing Willy Marvin to the point of getting charged after a classic Gopher Sioux game at the old englestad.

Westrum fighting with Notermann and just when Jason thinks he has Erik at his mercy Westy flips him over :)

Well at least it involves a NoDak player right? :) And it did take place in a Gopher loss at the old Ralph I do believe. (I have the clip so I could find out I guess)

NewGuy, whatever gets you going is fine, but how are the following happy thoughts?

"Siembida literally standing up and facing backwards when a goal was scored on him last year, team not recalled."

"Kollar setting the tone for the year in the first game of the first season at the new Ralph."

For me, listening to Hennessy call the big comeback in Duluth in 1986 - from down 7-3 with three minutes left in the third to winning 8-7 one minute into OT - is a great memory.

Ok, my favorite moment of happiness was when Nick Fuhrer made the game winner Sunday night against Denver with 1:04 left. I seriously think I got ulsers from that game, I was so worried we were gunna lose!

What else was really cool was at the Saturday game my friend and I were sitting by :) Mike Prpich :) the entire game and we didn't realize it was him until the game was over!

October, which brings SIOUX hockey and:

incoming.jpg

For gopher fans, a Ducktober moon to begin the season:

duckmoon.jpg

I would have to say shooting a pair of Mallards and a goose on a warm October afternoon in North Dakota, Duch Hunting At its best... Sleeping in the duck blind on a hot fall day, because the sun is shining and the ducks are not flying... Shooting my deer, I don't care if it has horns or not. Drinking a six pack of beer and playing golf, who really cares what the score is. Getting drunk and watching the Sioux send a bunch of cocky gopher fans back to the twin cities after they have been swept by the Mighty Sioux, it will happen this year. Hitting a good golf shot and acting like you have done it before...

Remember 7>5, hey I don't care what they (Gopher Fans) say but they can't take it away from us...

:) The Sioux reaching 10 titles b4 Michigan :)

That would be fantastic!

As long as the Gophers already have 11.:)

I have to admit watching the Sioux light up BC in the third in '00 and listening to the ESPN crew suffer was nice. Then to pull even in '01, amazing.

As a Gopher fan starting in '81, "Koalska ties it up!" and "Potulny scores!" will always be mine.

What about this year, when a Sioux player was sitting on top of an opponent- when both teams and all refs were at the other end of the ice. The Sioux player looks around to see if anyone is watching and when he see's that no one is watching he pushes the opponent back into the ice with his stick and skates off w/o the refs seeing. I think everyone in the whole arena saw that one - exept for the refs.

I don't remember who it was or what game it was - but i think i will always remember that one. :)

What about this year, when a Sioux player was sitting on top of an opponent- when both teams and all refs were at the other end of the ice. The Sioux player looks around to see if anyone is watching and when he see's that no one is watching he pushes the opponent back into the ice with his stick and skates off w/o the refs seeing. I think everyone in the whole arena saw that one - exept for the refs.

I don't remember who it was or what game it was - but i think i will always remember that one. :)

It was Mike Prpich at a Minn-Duluth game.

My Moment was already mentioned but I'll mention it again:

The sound of the ESPN commentators in 200 after UND stomped BC and then watching Jack Edwards eat his words.

Also, same year, previous series, UND vs Maine. Spiewak (I think) had a shortie on a clearing attempt past the Maine goaltender (don't remember who it was). Prior to the game, the ESPN people interviewed him because he wore an all white mask with nothing on it. He alluded to himselfbeing a spectre or ghost on the ice, scary or something like that. I remember standing up in the room where I was watching the game with my friends and calling out "WHERE'S THE GOALIE?" and "Damn straight he's a ghost in the net!"

God that was awesome. I knew it right then we were going to win it all.

Rory McMahon turning the saturday game of the Duluth series last year around by beating a puppy senseless...

same game...a group of Sioux fans almost getting into a Brawl with Duluth's student section for trying to run around the arena with a Sioux flag after scoring what turned out to be the game winner :)

Spring of '98

Aaron Schwietzer getting a five minute minor for roughing from the bench, after Blake had butt ended a michigan tech guy in the ribs as he was stepping onto the Tech bench. Then turned around to go after Blake and was rudely stopped by a right hook blocker from Aaron :)

Here's some of mine, in more or less chronological order:

Denny on the Zamboni

Bob Joyce's wraparound shot

The shower of plastic cups that would blanket the ice after every home win in 1987

Turkey bowling in the old Ralph

After a win in the old Ralph over the Gophers, watching Commodore interrupt a television interview to loft a frozen rodent that had been tossed onto the ice into the section of exiting Gopher fans

:):) Karl "claiming the ice" after a five-minute standoff following warmups before the championship game at the 2001 Final Five against SCSU.

The following game, Roche's comeback goal to tie it up and send it to OT

A slapshot from the point by Jason Herter, Travis Roche, Mike Commodore...

Chanting "HAU-ser... HAAAAU-ser... HAAAAU-ser...."