SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

BZZXSDKLFTSRSOJ.20081024175945.jpg

The Sioux are coming off another WCHA series split vs the Seawolves. A poor effort Friday night until the last 2 minutes made for the split. The Sioux followed that up by a nice win Saturday getting late goals to clinch another 2 points behind a great performance by Brad Eidsness. Duluth is coming off a 3-3 tie at home Friday to the UW and then a 4-1 loss Saturday to UW. Do Kozek and Trupp come out with a new purpose after getting benched Saturday night...Eidsness is the man and was very very solid from late Friday and all game Saturday...Big Joe will not be back until after the 1st half as it sounds so the Sioux defensemen besides Genoway have to start producing in the scoring columns. I know miller has points but has only played 3 games at D. Marto and Lapoint are looked upon and needed for production and lets hope it starts this weekend!! GO SIOUX

Who's WARMING up for the Sioux - Brett Hextall who has scored 4 goals in 4 consecutive games and Ryan Duncan who has 2 goals, 3 assists in last four games. Both tied for team lead with 4 goals each.

LAST SEASON - Sioux went 3-1 vs UMD last year. Split at the Ralph and then swept UMD in Duluth later in the season.

WCHA STANDINGS

WEBCAST INORMATION LINK - B2 LIVE - $ 7.00 PER GAME

und.gif

Overall Record: 4-6-0 (.400)

WCHA: 4-4-0, 8 points

Home: 2-2-0

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping the team that played CC shows up and not the one that played UAA. I still cannot figure out how the Sioux could play like they did in Colorado and then stink up the joint against UAA. While Saturday night's game was a better effort, it was still far from where it should have been. I was really hopped up about this team after seeing them against CC, but UAA really crashed that feeling. I guess I would say that my "irrational exuberance" (Alan Greenspan term) has been replaced with realistic doldrums at this point.

Anyone know why if both games are being televised in the area (on FSSN in most cases), why they are not being offered on SiouxXtra? They have links for the audio, but no video. Its a good thing I pay all that money a year so that they can skip a game here or there if they feel like it!

i dont remember any road games being offered on the sioux webcast at all except the first year they did webcasts a while back. i know what you are saying but i still have never seen webcasts offered on the road through siouxxtra at all. usually home games only.

RIDE REQUEST.

Here is an offbeat and perhaps a longshot request. If anyone is leaving the DECC on Friday night, after the game, for the Twin Cities, I am looking for a one way ride back to the Twin Cities for a solid Sioux fan. If you have a cow catcher on the front, you could, perhaps, lash him to that. Anywhere in the Cities will do.

Please reply or PM me if this is a possibility.

i dont remember any road games being offered on the sioux webcast at all except the first year they did webcasts a while back. i know what you are saying but i still have never seen webcasts offered on the road through siouxxtra at all. usually home games only.

They have always broadcast a road game or two a year. Especially when Pat Sweeney and the crew are going to be there broadcasting anyways. I mean if FSSN is carrying the games, its not any extra work to put it onto the web site.

what kind of style of hockey do the dogs play, is it an up and down or defensive clog up the lanes style like uaa?

Last season they played the clog it up but I heard they can score this season.

Wisconsin got some goals by the might Stalock this past weekend as well.

Anyone know why if both games are being televised in the area (on FSSN in most cases), why they are not being offered on SiouxXtra? They have links for the audio, but no video. Its a good thing I pay all that money a year so that they can skip a game here or there if they feel like it!

According to this, the video stream will be available to SiouxXtra subscribers.

What is up with Corey Fienhage? Is he hurt or just a scratch? It seems like they could use him on Defense.

i think they are more comfortable with miller right now with our defense producing close to nothing points wise. 5 of our real d men have a goose egg for points and i think the coaches like what he brings right now over fienhage. guys like marto and lapoint have to start producing in the scoring column with their offensive talent. i think miller brings that as of now with finley out. corey has played fine when in and im sure he will get more chances as the season goes on. i rally like what he and blood bring overall. a very nice freshman pair of d men