• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UND 3

CC 1

FINAL

I'll see if I can type up some of the postgame comments

Zajac going after McMillan... Chay is out there "he seems to be moving ok"

Hak is "really giving it to the official" apparently Chay got run at least... definitly a charge

I'd call it a charge. It just looked like Genoway froze for a second and didn't know which way to go in the corner.

Eidsness with 31 saves tonight.

Previously undefeated Tigers lose to the Sioux ???

other scores:

MN

NH tie

SCSU 4

Robert Morris 0

DU 4

Duluth 1

WI 3

Tech 2

Notre Dame 4

BC 1

Coach Hak:

The guys took each task at hand and got the job done. The three penalties in the third we tough, but we did a very good job keeping shots coming from the outside. Eidsness made good saves. We did a good job battling for rebounds. The Zajac line set the tone with cycling. The first goal of the game was a scissors cycle behind the net with Watkins and Zajac, he made a heck of a play. Davidson and Hextall goals we're just "hungry goals". We missed two empty nets in the game so it was good to get some "greasy goals". Davi made a good play finishing off a good play by Martens. I didn't really see how it went in. We seemed hungrier tonight. I told the guys not to be down, we're not happy with where we're at... but eight of our nine last periods were good enough to beat anyone in the country. Let's build on the two fourty minute periods we played last weekend. This group works hard together. We haven't worked smart in some cases, but we've worked hard together. We're gonna need every bit of a good effort again tomorrow night. They lost something like three games on this ice last season so they're gonna come out tough. We've got a couple issues on the blueline that we need to deal with. Don't know on Chay... there was also another unknown issue in the final minutes... we'll put together our best roster to come back again tomorrow night. Eidsness made a lot of good positional saves. He made two or three big saves, battled hard on a couple of scrambles.

Hextall: (P.S. Doors Players of the Game)

Feels good to get the monkey off the back. We know Bachman is a great goldtender... we talked about getting in his face and banging home rebounds, and that's how we won the game. We did a great job staying composed in the third with the penalties. We talked about trusting each other more. Everyone responded well when they were called upon. I hope Chad Rau and their whole team knows who I am, they'll get to know me a little better tomorrow night. If they're gonna start taking liberties against our top players, we're gonna do it to them. They're not gonna be happy that they did that. To come in here and beat the number one team feels good. They took us off the rankings so we had a bit of a chip on our shoulders tonight.

Davidson:

It's been about eight games, but I'm just happy to get the goal off my back. Marty made a good shot and I was on top of the net and banged one home. I kinda felt like Bachman didn't know where it was so I was just banging away and saw it fall in... was estatic. Bachman is a good goalie, but he's human, you can beat him, just like any other goalie. You might not get as many perfect goals, but a greasy goal counts just as much as a pretty goal. For the first ten minutes of the third it felt like we were on the penalty kill... just try and be lively on the bench, be ready for when your time comes. They took care of rilling us up for tomorrow night. I think we want this more than them and I think that's what it'll come down to.

Genoway was run late in the game, in a situation that will probably carry a little emotion over into tomorrow night, Ben Blood/Derrick LaPoint (trying to remember who didn't play... announcers think it's Blood) (we have later decided that it's Jones) might be the other defensemen that got nicked at the end of this one. Brad Miller had one of the best games of his career tonight, and one of his best shifts late in the game. He was terrific getting the puck out of the zone and played very strong defensively as well.

The coaches will try and channel the emotions tomorrow so that the game doesn't get out of control. For a team with some youth, they survived the beginning of the third period. The key was a great start for the Sioux... the first ten minutes were domination. They Sioux were more into this game than Colorado College. The Sioux may have caught the Tigers a little soft tonight, but that won't happen again tomorrow. If the Sioux could come out of here with the sweep tomorrow that could play big.

Final Stats:

Three Stars:

3. Brad Eidsness - third win of the year, had a little luck on his side as well... 29 saves... did well on the penalty kill... battled all night

2. Brent Davidson - first career goal, played a strong and smart game along the boards, has improved his foot speed from last year

1. Brett Hextall - first career goal, good night in the face of Sweatt, Rau, and Co.

Attendence: 7,311

CC goal was a deflection off of Sweatt's arm.

CC 0-8 on PP

UND 0-4

Eidsness 29 saves

Bachman 26 saves

CC 5-1-3

UND 3-4

Roughneck Performance of the Game (?): Darcy Zajac - led the team in faceoffs wins, and his line set the tempo

Text Question: Is North Dakota the most penalized team in the WCHA/NCAA?

No... North Dakota is 9th in the WCHA - 92 PIM, Mankato the most penalized in the WCHA.

Text Question 2: What is former Sioux James Patrick doing now?

Coaching with the Buffalo Sabres last I heard, this past spring... not sure if he's still there.

After listening to Hextall's radio interview....He's gonna be a good one for us.

Tim H: I bet you Chad Rau knows who you are now.

Hextall: Good. I hope he does and I hope the whole team gets to know me too tomorrow.

Agreed, loved his interview, doesn't pull any punches. Like the comment regarding taking liberties with our top players, and that tommorow night maybe they'll wish they hadn't done that.

Nice win tonight. Very solid performance. Not perfect, but a very good team output for 60 minutes. The officials did all that they could to get CC back into the game in the third. The hit on Genoway was junk. Totally taking liberties on a guy. SOunds like he's marked for tomorrow.

Like the depth in the forward lines tonight. Props to Hextall and Davidson on the ir first career goals.

I was surprised with how well Miller played back on D. Maybe that's where he belongs on this team.

Our defense is so banged up, but I thought everyone stepped up.

What do you do when you get Finley back?

I have to say that not having Frattin or Malone in the lineup didn't hurt us at all.

Best performance of the year, proud of the boys tonight

Eidsness with 31 saves tonight.

Previously undefeated Tigers lose to the Sioux ???

Text Question 2: What is former Sioux James Patrick doing now?

Coaching with the Buffalo Sabres last I heard, this past spring... not sure if he's still there.

Nobody scores when James Patrick is on the ice!!

Nice win tonight. Very solid performance. Not perfect, but a very good team output for 60 minutes. The officials did all that they could to get CC back into the game in the third. The hit on Genoway was junk. Totally taking liberties on a guy. SOunds like he's marked for tomorrow.

Like the depth in the forward lines tonight. Props to Hextall and Davidson on the ir first career goals.

I was surprised with how well Miller played back on D. Maybe that's where he belongs on this team.

Our defense is so banged up, but I thought everyone stepped up.

What do you do when you get Finley back?

I have to say that not having Frattin or Malone in the lineup didn't hurt us at all.

Best performance of the year, proud of the boys tonight

I agree with Miller at D...he is pretty useless as a forward so put him at D

Wasn't Don Adam one of the officials? The C.C. announcer said that Don Adam had a call happen right in front of him and the official from across the ice made the call.

Everyone beats the old "Whenever there is a fight, the Sioux are involved" gaff to death, well, I have a new one:

How come whenever an injury occurs due to a questionable hit or on-ice act, Don Adam is involved?

It is no coincidence. D Shepherd, Anderson, etc. may not be competent officials at times, but usually they aren't overtly dangerous.

That's why Don Adam is still the most dangerous official in college hockey and certainly among the most dangerous in the entire organize sport itself.

I agree with Miller at D...he is pretty useless as a forward so put him at D

Not sure where you are coming from?......he is near the top of current scoring on the team and now he is asked to play defense due to injuries?........and was a plus 2 in the box score for tonights game?.......what do you want?

Not sure where you are coming from?......he is near the top of current scoring on the team and now he is asked to play defense due to injuries?........and was a plus 2 in the box score for tonights game?.......what do you want?

Yeah a plus 2 at D...He is useless as a forward. He is a good skater but at forward he does not have the scoring touch to be a top two line player. Not to mention on the forecheck as a forward he gets knocked off the puck way too easily.

Yeah a plus 2 at D...He is useless as a forward. He is a good skater but at forward he does not have the scoring touch to be a top two line player. Not to mention on the forecheck as a forward he gets knocked off the puck way too easily.

Miller is inconsistent. When he plays well, he's great, but when he plays bad, we're screwed! some guys i can't always tell when they have an off night, but miller i can tell right away. that's my beef with him. He could very well be sitting in the press box every night in my opinion b/c of his inconsistencies. We are searching for consistency after all.