SiouxSports.com Forum

The Ralph's cherry is broken!

BTK

Here is a question how in the heck did they get that thing into the arena. You know those things aren't what I would call an animal that would fit in your pocket...

Yikes. I hope it was frozen. ;)

I was wondering the exact same thing... the only thing i could think of was that someone shoved it down their pants or something or if they were wearing a costume they could have shoved it somewhere.

A buddy of mine smuggled a badger into the old Ralph (and pitched it without getting caught). He froze it in a spread-eagle position that allowed him to tape it to his back under his coat. He told me that was the preferred method. Got him caught once, though.

Roadkill that spends a summer in the freezer, though I confess I have never seen badger roadkill.

I'd like to know how someone got one on the ice last night. In the old Ralph, with the student section down below and the students standing so much of the time, it was not hard to cover for the thrower. But now . . .?

There are badgers around the GF area. Just gotta shoot one ;)

I think getting the cross hairs on one might be tough. I used to see them when I worked that the GFAB golf course.

I saw one out in the open one time when I was going out to mow at about 0630 in the morning and they are quick.

You should see them jump into their holes.

I shot one a few yrs back at sunset on a farm trail - came around the corner & there he was up out of his hole - I got my 357 mag out & then he went down the hole - I was listening to the radio, waiting for him to pop back up & Black Dog by Led Zep came on the radio & I cranked it up & he popped back up to see what was up & I popped him :D - I never thought of saving him ;)

we have shot several over the yrs - one even came at us teeth showing & growling (had dogs with) & we shot him quick - they are mean & nasty if they are cornered or feel they can't escape (I mean really Mean & Fierce) a good mascot for sure :D

badger.jpg

doesn't this scare you ?

Bucky_hockey-724209.jpg

Gives me nightmares :D

Live? That could be messy. That has to give you bragging rights, though.

But Mike, I saw games at the barn, too. You could get just about anything into that place--at least anything related to alcohol. Those old air force parka sleeves had a lot of room for booze.

Anyone on here old enough to remember back in the late 70s, early 80s when someone hid a stuffed animal badger in the ceiling and had a fish line attached to it just waiting for the right moment to pull the string. Badgers were ahead most of the game but about the middle of the third Sioux went ahead and the string got pulled. The stuffed toy was lined up perfectly in front of the camera angle from the press box and they had to scramble to get somone up in the rafters to cut it down.

Ed Schultz was doing play by play I believe and got a little POed mostly because it was screwing up their camera coverage. it was great. Must have been some engineering students behind it because they had the hanging angle just perfect and it was held up by fishing line so no one but those right around it knew anything was up.

Also remember in the 70s when one guy had a rubber chicken on a long pole and used to sit behind the visiting goalie and drop the chicken over his head between periods - wow the stuff we got away with back then.

Those were the days.

Anyone on here old enough to remember back in the late 70s, early 80s when someone hid a stuffed animal badger in the ceiling and had a fish line attached to it just waiting for the right moment to pull the string. Badgers were ahead most of the game but about the middle of the third Sioux went ahead and the string got pulled. The stuffed toy was lined up perfectly in front of the camera angle from the press box and they had to scramble to get somone up in the rafters to cut it down.

Ed Schultz was doing play by play I believe and got a little POed mostly because it was screwing up their camera coverage. it was great. Must have been some engineering students behind it because they had the hanging angle just perfect and it was held up by fishing line so no one but those right around it knew anything was up.

Also remember in the 70s when one guy had a rubber chicken on a long pole and used to sit behind the visiting goalie and drop the chicken over his head between periods - wow the stuff we got away with back then.

Those were the days.

I was at that game and remember it well. I thought it was real however. Maybe it was something I drank before the game that made it look so real.

I also remember people bringing gophers in the week of the game with U of M and using athletic tape and placing them under the seats.

Those were the days.

I believe that was early in 1982 when the BADgers came here. That was an exciting weekend, we were #1 and #2 in the country. If I recall correctly Phil Sykes had a terriffical weekend and we swept them convincingly.

Here is a question how in the heck did they get that thing into the arena. You know those things aren't what I would call an animal that would fit in your pocket...

Yikes. I hope it was frozen. :D

Come on folks, use a little ingenuity (or, a buddy in the band!) :lol:

I was there for most of those instances being mentioned.