SiouxSports.com Forum

Jeff Dubay

Ray77

I want to start by saying this is not confirmed, but I have heard a rumor that Jeff Dubay was charged with possession of meth. Has anyone else heard this? You can use the following link and then search by last name for Dubay.

Again, this is a RUMOR at this point and I am not trying to start anything by this...just wondering if this is true. As much as I am not a Jeff Dubay fan, I am hoping this is not true.

Link

I always liked his insight and his passion for the game. That said, I have lost all respect for the man. I have sympathy for the kid who gets hooked on meth through peer pressure. However, I have no sympathy for a well educated middle aged family man who takes on meth. What an extremely selfish thing to do. I hope he gets whatever help he needs, but I also hope I never have to listen to him again.

I'm not really sure why it was assumed that meth was the illegal substance found. If we're just going to go around guessing what he was caught with, I'll go with possession of prescription pain killers, but not his prescription. That makes much more sense than meth.

Other than being a Gopher fanatic, does Dubay come off as a big enough dumb a** to do meth?

The Ramsey County Jail site that was linked in the very first post actually says that he was found with a methamphetamine precursor. Not actually meth. Methamphetamine precursors would include the following;

(1) ephedrine;

(2) pseudoephedrine;

(3) phenyl-2-propanone;

(4) phenylacetone;

(5) anhydrous ammonia;

(6) organic solvents;

(7) hydrochloric acid;

(8) lithium metal;

(9) sodium metal;

(10) ether;

(11) sulfuric acid;

(12) red phosphorus;

(13) iodine;

(14) sodium hydroxide;

(15) benzaldehyde;

(16) benzyl methyl ketone;

(17) benzyl cyanide;

(18) nitroethane;

(19) methylamine;

(20) phenylacetic acid;

(21) hydriodic acid; or

(22) hydriotic acid.

Who hasn't hauled around a block of sodium metal, or a bottle of sulfuric acid in their vehicle?

The Ramsey County Jail site that was linked in the very first post actually says that he was found with a methamphetamine precursor. Not actually meth. Methamphetamine precursors would include the following;

(1) ephedrine;

(2) pseudoephedrine;

(3) phenyl-2-propanone;

(4) phenylacetone;

(5) anhydrous ammonia;

(6) organic solvents;

(7) hydrochloric acid;

(8) lithium metal;

(9) sodium metal;

(10) ether;

(11) sulfuric acid;

(12) red phosphorus;

(13) iodine;

(14) sodium hydroxide;

(15) benzaldehyde;

(16) benzyl methyl ketone;

(17) benzyl cyanide;

(18) nitroethane;

(19) methylamine;

(20) phenylacetic acid;

(21) hydriodic acid; or

(22) hydriotic acid.

Who hasn't hauled around a block of sodium metal, or a bottle of sulfuric acid in their vehicle?

anyroad....I can get him a booking in the old Westward Ho motel for this season....maybe he can burn that old eyesore down for GOOD this time :ohmy:

I'm not really sure why it was assumed that meth was the illegal substance found. If we're just going to go around guessing what he was caught with, I'll go with possession of prescription pain killers, but not his prescription. That makes much more sense than meth.

Other than being a Gopher fanatic, does Dubay come off as a big enough dumb a** to do meth?

He's obviously been smoking SOMETHING....what? That's anyones guess...

I heard he was hanging out with Nate Hagemo.

low blow, Nate Hagemo is a young man whose life changed dramatically and then spiralled out of control when he thought everything was going wrong. Hopefully, he is now getting things under control.

Whether or not, Jeff Dubay had meth in his car or not, i hope he gets the help that he needs because NO ONE deserves to not at least get that chance.

I heard he was hanging out with Nate Hagemo.

Congratulations, you just proved by your remark that every fanbase has their assholes and your UND's. Before

you reply and say something like "don't be so sensitive "check and see how many other Sioux fans are being

classless - not many.

Congratulations, you just proved by your remark that every fanbase has their assholes and your UND's. Before

you reply and say something like "don't be so sensitive "check and see how many other Sioux fans are being

classless - not many.

One difference, at least initially, Nate Hagemo's reckless behavior seriously hurt innocent people, which makes him a dirtbag. As of now, there is no evidence that Dubay's behavior hurt anyone but himself. Although by the sounds of it, Dubay didn't exactly have an amount of stuff typically held by someone just for personal use.

• 2 months later...
It would have been fun to hear what he had to say after the Sioux dismantled his team.

It would be fun to be able to listen to the 9am to 12pm time slot on KFAN without cringing. JG is an absolute tool; often times he'll make an uninformed, smart-mouthed remark that makes me sit in my office and say outloud "Oh....shut....up!". ;)

As for PA, someone needs to tell him that this isn't a radio version of "American Idol" and we want sports talk and speculation and not some local radio host singing off-color verisons of songs. There are times I have had to turn the radio down or shut it off. If I have to listen to PA or JG sing about "the love we lost" one more time, I think I'll throw up. With Dubay, it was worth putting up with that stuff because he talked about stuff that most of the MSP media didn't talk about. But since he was fired, I rarely listen to the "PA and Producer" craphole production.

End rant.

Ousted KFAN host Dubay put in drug program

Hopefully KFAN will hire him back after a successful completion of the program. I missed him cowtowing to the Sioux faithful after last weekends sweep.

I don't know, he might be back off the wagon again if he saw his Gophs get beat by the Sioux. He won't work for KFAN again, but maybe he can get a fresh

start somewhere else.

It would be fun to be able to listen to the 9am to 12pm time slot on KFAN without cringing. JG is an absolute tool; often times he'll make an uninformed, smart-mouthed remark that makes me sit in my office and say outloud "Oh....shut....up!". ;)

As for PA, someone needs to tell him that this isn't a radio version of "American Idol" and we want sports talk and speculation and not some local radio host singing off-color verisons of songs. There are times I have had to turn the radio down or shut it off. If I have to listen to PA or JG sing about "the love we lost" one more time, I think I'll throw up. With Dubay, it was worth putting up with that stuff because he talked about stuff that most of the MSP media didn't talk about. But since he was fired, I rarely listen to the "PA and Producer" craphole production.

End rant.

The show was definately better when Dubay was a part of it. I think listeners will really notice his absence now when the NFL season comes to a close, and we head into Twins talk.

I don't know, he might be back off the wagon again if he saw his Gophs get beat by the Sioux. He won't work for KFAN again, but maybe he can get a fresh

start somewhere else.

While I think the KFAN 9-12 slot is suffering I can't see the Clear Channel letting him come back.