SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MANITOBA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just listened to it on the net and definitely Henessy has some good things to say about Davidson. Sounds like he has a great work ethic and wants to be there. Hopefully he'll get a chance

i would hope davidson wants to be there. in the end there will be 3 forwards not playing every night and 1 defenseman so they better come to play everyday in practice

Its on the archive of the Sioux Xtra program. I am not sure if you need a subscription to listen, my account from last year was still good so I used that. Its in the same location for watching the FSSN games online as part of the membership. I don't know if its posted anywhere else.

http://fightingsioux.xosn.com

thanks

Because I'm bored, I've decided to break down the Bison roster in terms of NHL draftees. UND has something like 11 or more.

Manitoba has:

Myles Rumsey (7th Round)

Mark Olafson (9th Round)

Jared Walker (7th Round)

And that's it. Portage of the MJHL seems to be the main feeder for Manitoba if the player didn't go major juniors.

With all the talk about CIS teams getting into the NCAA, Manitoba would have to cut 90% of its current roster.

Because I'm bored, I've decided to break down the Bison roster in terms of NHL draftees. UND has something like 11 or more.

Manitoba has:

Myles Rumsey (7th Round)

Mark Olafson (9th Round)

Jared Walker (7th Round)

And that's it. Portage of the MJHL seems to be the main feeder for Manitoba if the player didn't go major juniors.

With all the talk about CIS teams getting into the NCAA, Manitoba would have to cut 90% of its current roster.

13 :(

2005 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

JOE FINLEY (D) - 1ST RD (#27) WASHINGTON CAPITALS

ANDREW KOZEK (F) - 2ND RD (#53) ATLANTA THRASHERS

CHRIS VANDE VELDE (F) - 4TH RD (#97) EDMONTON OILERS

MATT WATKINS (F) - 5TH RD (#160) DALLAS STARS

2006 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

DERRICK LAPOINT (D) - 4TH RD (#116) FLORIDA PANTHERS

2007 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

JASON GREGOIRE (F) - 3RD RD (#76) NEW YORK ISLANDERS - 08'

MATT FRATTIN (F) - 4TH RD (#99) TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

BRAD MALONE (F) - 4TH RD (#105) COLORADO AVALANCHE

BEN BLOOD (D) - 4TH RD (#120) OTTAWA SENATORS - 08'

BRAD EIDSNESS (G) - 5TH RD (#139) BUFFALO SABRES - 08'

2008 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

DAVID TOEWS (F) - 3RD RD (#66) NEY YORK ISLANDERS - 08'

COREY FIENHAGE (D) - 3RD RD (#81) BUFFALO SABRES - 08'

BRETT HEXTALL (F) - 6TH RD (#159) PHOENIX COYOTES- 08'

I just listened to it on the net and definitely Henessy has some good things to say about Davidson. Sounds like he has a great work ethic and wants to be there. Hopefully he'll get a chance

I forget....was Davidson a recruited walk-on, or is he on scolarship? If a walk-on, it's be nice to have him make an impact eventually. Who was the last walk-on to play significant hockey for the Sioux?

I forget....was Davidson a recruited walk-on, or is he on scolarship? If a walk-on, it's be nice to have him make an impact eventually. Who was the last walk-on to play significant hockey for the Sioux?

Henderson probably had the biggest impact for a walk-on.

I have a question & if anyone has the answer would they please be kind enough to post it. Is the game going to broadcast over the web & if so where do I go to find it? Thank you.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

audio is free, video not so much @ www.fightingsioux.com