SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

From the Commodore interview:

Do you have any interests outside hockey? If you weren't a hockey player, you'd be a ...?

Mike Commodore:

I like baseball and I enjoy golf. I read a lot of books. If I had to pick a school subject, I'd pick math. If I wasn't a hockey player, I'd like to be a lifelong college student at the University of North Dakota. I had a great time there.

Mike on Live Chat on NHL.COM

Some pretty cool stuff.

Slick_rick30

Do you have any interests outside hockey? If you weren't a hockey player, you'd be a ...?

Mike Commodore

I like baseball and I enjoy golf. I read a lot of books. If I had to pick a school subject, I'd pick math. If I wasn't a hockey player, I'd like to be a lifelong college student at the University of North Dakota. I had a great time there.

GF herald picks up on the lastest Commie craze... Link

:)

"The week before we went to Providence, (then-UND coach) Dean Blais called me into his office and told me to get my hair cut," Commodore said. "He said, 'You look like Ogie Ogilthorpe, and you get enough penalties the way it is. I don't want your hair to get you some more calls.' So, I went and got it cut. I guess it worked out because we won the national title.

GF herald picks up on the lastest Commie craze... Link

;)

As a fellow redhead...I'm all for the Commie Craze. I loved him as a Sioux player, and follow his NHL career. Gotta love the guy. :) I need a robe! :D I think it's awesome how he has become a fan favorite in both Calgary and now in Edmonton.

Last night they had commie walking into the arena classic hair due (sp).

Good Guys won last night. Too bad I l fell asleep before the game was over.

I predict this series is going to get mean and nasty. Classic hockey.

I hope everyone is enjoying the up and down the ice action hopefully

the NCAA will follow suit and start calling the games like the NHL.

Edited by Goon

i see carolina winning it in 7. overtime. and it will be edmonton vs carolina in the SC Finals. carolina will win that.

Goon's world has the Canes winning in 6 games. Talk about an awesome series so far.

Its a dream come true for hockey fans. I love the up tempo hockey no silly Neutral Zone Trap and the action

has been unbelieveable.

Goon's world has the Canes winning in 6 games. Talk about an awesome series so far.

Its a dream come true for hockey fans. I love the up tempo hockey no silly Neutral Zone Trap and the action

has been unbelieveable.

The first two games of the Carolina series have been fun to watch. Great hockey.

Matt Greene plays about 9.5 minutes in the game. One penalty. Didn't figure into any of the other scoring.

On the 2nd Edmonton PP goal, did they actually have 6 skaters for a 6 on 3 PP?

Matt Greene plays about 9.5 minutes in the game. One penalty. Didn't figure into any of the other scoring.

On the 2nd Edmonton PP goal, did they actually have 6 skaters for a 6 on 3 PP?

IMO, Greene should have been out there a little bit more at the end. Pronger didn't leave the ice for the last five minutes of the game and he was completely gassed. Greene will fight before this series is over. :)

IMO, Greene should have been out there a little bit more at the end. Pronger didn't leave the ice for the last five minutes of the game and he was completely gassed. Greene will fight before this series is over. :)

I don't see MG as a fighter. He may be big and new to the NHL, but fighting is not really his game. He may have been sent out to settle a score during the season, but I don't think that's his role in the playoffs.

I think I am going to go out on a limb here and say that DeMarchi will beat Hale to the NHL.

I know you are all stunned, but here's my reasoning. First, DeMarchi is already at 100 percent. Although Hale was back to nearly his peak form at the end of last season with the Sioux, there are still doubts. They will want him to skate in the minors at least at the beginning of the season to see how he does and assist in conditioning, after Hale only returned to play the last few games of the entire season for the Sioux.

Second reason is that DeMarchi is more of the enforcer type. NJ loves physical players like Scott Stevens. It is why they drafted Commodore. Although they traded Mike (rather unwise if you ask me), they probably feel that DeMarchi is an adequate replacement for Commodore despite the fact that, arguably, Hale is a smarter and better player overall. Let's face it, I see DeMarchi as just another Scott Parker. Potential, but mainly there to pick fights. I DO anticipate DeMarchi to contribute more than Scott Parker though...

I gues to sum up, I feel Hale is the better player, but health is an issue, which helps DeMarchi in the "race" between the two players to the NHL. If Hale is deemed as healthy as DeMarchi by decision time, or if health isn't a factor, then skill-wise Hale goes NHL. But it does appear obvious that NJ wants one of these two (along with a few that may be in their current system) to vie for the role that Scott Stevens leaves behind when he eventually retires.

Plenty of verbage, as usual. Care to revise this prediction? Did you assume Demarchi would get by with hits from behind? Or was he planning on starting to check guys face to face when he got to the AHL/NHL?

Plenty of verbage, as usual. Care to revise this prediction? Did you assume Demarchi would get by with hits from behind? Or was he planning on starting to check guys face to face when he got to the AHL/NHL?

As in the player who has made it as far as the entrance to the Devils dressing room, Door-Matt Demarchi. His game has not changed even in the AHL. :)

During the Edmonton game last night, one of the OLN announcers was talking about Greene being the former captain of the UND Fighting Sioux, a team which has become well known for producing big solid defensemen for the NHL. Sure is nice to see the team get this type of attention on another national broadcast.