SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

The Conspiracy would not allow Zach and Jordan on the same team. It just wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league.

Team 1 looks great too. I noticed there are no active UND players playing. Coaches decision I assume. Otherwise I would expect to see Brad Malone joining team 1.

Smart choice led Marks to attain career fame

Marks tasted success throughout his hockey life. He was an All-American in 1968 when his University of North Dakota team lost the NCAA final.

Later that year, Marks became the first U.S. collegian to be selected in the first round of the NHL Draft. Five years later, as a winger with the Chicago Blackhawks, he played in the Stanley Cup Finals, losing to the Montreal Canadiens.

"I didn't really expect to be a coach," he said.

He was lured into it by Gino Gasparini, now commissioner of the United States Hockey League. Gasparini was hired in 1981 as the North Dakota coach. He offered Marks a $14,000 salary as his assistant.

Tornado add Mullins, Ludwig as coaches

Joining Mullins on the bench as the Assistant Coach will be former Dallas Stars defenseman and two-time Stanley Cup Champion, Craig Ludwig.
Ludwig, 46, went on to attend the University of North Dakota from 1979-1982, where he won two National Championships while playing for the Fighting Sioux. After winning a Stanley Cup with the Montreal Canadiens in 1986, he moved with the Minnesota North Stars to Dallas in 1993, and finished his career in 1999 after helping the Dallas Stars win their first Stanley Cup. Ludwig was an alternate captain for the Stars during his time in Dallas.

My son and a friend traveled to Hutchinson, MN for a wedding last weekend. On Friday night in a town near the cities (I forget which) he ran into a gal that is a friend of his from Hoople, ND. Turns out she is Zach Parise's girlfriend. She invited them over to his house for breakfast that next morning. So, of coarse, they went. Zach wasn't home because he had some hockey camp or something at Shattuck that weekend. While at breakfast my son and his friend told her what a huge Sioux hockey fan I am, so she asked for our address and said she'd have Zach autograph a picture for me. A little while ago, while I was mowing my lawn, the UPS man stopped and handed me this big long box. My son had told me to expect my Father's Day present , but I was mystified because it said "Easton" on the box. Being he's a bowhunting nut, I thought maybe it was a new bow. Low and behold, when I opened it up, it was a game taped hockey stick autographed by Zach Parise! Only then did I check out the sender's address on the box. Sure enough. It turns out that a few days after the weekend, they called and asked if, instead of a picture, did he think I'd like an autographed stick instead. My son said, "Like it? He'll s***!" I think I did...........that was a wondrful thing for them to take time to do.

My son and a friend traveled to Hutchinson, MN for a wedding last weekend. On Friday night in a town near the cities (I forget which) he ran into a gal that is a friend of his from Hoople, ND. Turns out she is Zach Parise's girlfriend. She invited them over to his house for breakfast that next morning. So, of coarse, they went. Zach wasn't home because he had some hockey camp or something at Shattuck that weekend. While at breakfast my son and his friend told her what a huge Sioux hockey fan I am, so she asked for our address and said she'd have Zach autograph a picture for me. A little while ago, while I was mowing my lawn, the UPS man stopped and handed me this big long box. My son had told me to expect my Father's Day present , but I was mystified because it said "Easton" on the box. Being he's a bowhunting nut, I thought maybe it was a new bow. Low and behold, when I opened it up, it was a game taped hockey stick autographed by Zach Parise! Only then did I check out the sender's address on the box. Sure enough. It turns out that a few days after the weekend, they called and asked if, instead of a picture, did he think I'd like an autographed stick instead. My son said, "Like it? He'll s***!" I think I did...........that was a wondrful thing for them to take time to do.

Zach bought me a half a grinder and a Dew at the Pepper once. Ham with taco meat I believe...

That is very cool -- love to hear these stories from the former players...they never forget where they came from!!

That is very cool -- love to hear these stories from the former players...they never forget where they came from!!

Actually, back when I was in school, I encountered on many occasions several hockey players having a quite difficult time finding their ways home from the bars. Does that count? :ohmy:

Actually, back when I was in school, I encountered on many occasions several hockey players having a quite difficult time finding their ways home from the bars. Does that count? :ohmy:

No because they were going home. They came from the bars.