SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

The initial intention of my posting was to end this tangential topic and get back to what the tread is named for. I realize that we all have strong opinions about hockey and hockey related topics and that each of our opinions are as different as we are; but it would be nice to read a thread and have it actually pertain to the subject that is in the title, not 5 days of debate on whether the Austria hockey league is a stepping stone to the NHL. Let us agree to disagree and get back to talking about former players, not European leagues!

LOL! Way too funny. If the only people allowed to give an opinion on a player or a league were those who earn a living playing hockey then this board would die a quick death, would it not?

Again, there you go acting as if you are some sort of hockey authority.

Also, you are wrong about the tractor. Not too quick are you, Goon?

It called sarcasm, ok go fly a kite then :).

You were needlessly hacking on JPAR for what? The kid had a tough season that included an injury.

I would almost say your were belittling him, how do you know how many offers he had? You behind the scenes? We went through that already back when everyone said the only reason he was at UND was because he was Zach's brother, when in fact he ended up being one of the better goalies in the WCHA. Then you go commenting about how JPAR isn't ever going to make it from the Europe to the NHL, how the hell do you know. What if he does? You are right now many have probably gone from Austria to the AHL but how do you know it isn't a laterial step from the AHL?

I never said i was a hockey authority. You are the one that is acting like an authority. I simply called you on it.

Yes, you are correct, anything can happen. One day, while playing at King's Walk I could get a hole-in-one AND meet a Brazilian Supermodel who's got it bad for mid-forties single guys from small town ND.

That I want to see :)

Josh Green signs for the Anaheim Ducks

Last season he played a major part in the success of EC Red Bull Salzburg and following his one-year stint in Salzburg joined ERC Ingolstadt in spring this year to play in the German first division (DEL). But now the Canadian forward is eagerly anticipating a return to the NHL. It was announced yesterday that Josh Green has signed a contract with the Anaheim Ducks, Stanley Cup winners in the 2006-2007 season.

Salzburg's head coach Pierre Pag

Enough to know that this league does not produce a whole lot of NHLers.

Oh, and stop acting as if you are an expert on the subject.

Me? I know nothing about European hockey and don't pretend I do. You seemed to know alot about it so I just asked.

One need not be an expert to know that this out of the way Austro pro league does not produce very many NHL players. The fact that only one name has been mentioned proves my point.

The facts are there. To deny them is to deny reality.

One need not be an expert to know that this out of the way Austro pro league does not produce very many NHL players. The fact that only one name has been mentioned proves my point.

Around here? Never! :)

And to suggest as one poster has that Parise may have had other offers seems incredulous. I need not be behind the scenes to suggest that IF he did have OTHER OFFERS wouldn't he have taken one of them instead of heading to Austria IF only because he presumably would know the road to the NHL has many paths but the one through Austria is seldom taken.

If at all.

But now I've grown tired of this topic.

The end

Lamoureux signs with the Blues Organization:

Brad's Blog

Former Sioux goalie Jean-Philippe Lamoureux has signed a one-year deal with the St. Louis Blues organization.

Lamoureux will play either with the Alaska Aces of the ECHL or the Peoria Rivermen of the AHL.

He'll most likely start in the ECHL as a teammate of Erik Fabian's. Fabian also has signed with the Aces.

Lamoureux, who earned his degree on Friday, participated in the Blues' development camp and reportedly played well there. He even turned away T.J. Oshie a couple of times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was news a while back that WGN was going to broadcast up to 20 Blackhawks games this coming season. Here is an article from several months ago: Linky

Has anyone heard any more about this? If it's true, it might save me the cost of having to take my son down there for a game again this season.

There was news a while back that WGN was going to broadcast up to 20 Blackhawks games this coming season. Here is an article from several months ago: Linky

Has anyone heard any more about this? If it's true, it might save me the cost of having to take my son down there for a game again this season.

I don't remember which month of "The Hockey News" magazine, but I do remember reading the same thing about the 20 Blackhawks games being televised on WGN. There was a quote about it from the GM and all the changes they made regarding the broadcasts once the previous owner passed away.

Hey Sioux fans, it is that time of year again where we see many former sioux change teams in the minors and overseas. Here is my latest updated list. The NHL part should be good to go as of now but if any of you hear of signings of our former sioux please post them and i will update the list i have on my webiste. Here is the most recent updates for coaches and players. Thanks for any help

CURRENT COACHES

NCAA

Dave Hakstol - Head Coach, University of North Dakota

Cary Eades - Associate Head Coach, University of North Dakota

Dane Jackson - Assistant Coach, University of North Dakota

Scott Sandelin - Head Coach, University of Minnesota Duluth

Lee Davidson - Assistant Coach, University of Minnesota Duluth

Tony Hrkac - Head Coach, Concordia University.Wisconsin Div-3

Mike Possin - Assistant Coach, St. Johns University - Div-3

ACHA

Mark Berge - Head Coach, Univ of Oklahoma.(College Club)

AHL

Brad Berry - Assistant Coach, Manitoba Moose

ECHL

John Marks - Head Coach, Augusta

Dane Litke - Assistant Coach, Augusta

Tim O'Connell - Assistant Coach, Stockton

NHL

Dave Tippett - Head Coach, Dallas Stars

Rick Wilson - Assistant Coach, Dallas Stars

James Patrick - Assistant Coach, Buffalo Sabres

Steve Peters - Video Coach, Phoenix Coyotes

NAHL

Craig Ludwig - Assistant Coach, Texas Tornado

USHL

Chad Johnson - Assistant Coach, Fargo Force

Jason Herter - Assistant Coach, Fargo Force

Nick Fuher - Assistant Coach, Lincoln Stars

CURRENT PLAYERS

NHL

Zach Parise - New Jersey Devils

Jonathan Toews - Chicago Blackhawks

T.J. Oshie - St. Louis Blues

Brian Lee- Ottawa

Travis Zajac - New Jersey Devils

Matt Smaby - Tampa Bay Lightning

Brandon Bochenski - Tampa Bay Lightning

Landon Wilson - Dallas Stars

Matt Jones - Phoenix Coyotes

Drew Stafford - Buffalo Sabres

Mike Commodore - Columbus Blue Jackets

Jason Blake - Toronto Maple Leafs

Ryan Johnson - Vancouver Canucks

Matt Greene - Los Angeles Kings

Taylor Chorney - Edmonton Oilers/Springfield

David Hale - Phoenix Coyotes

AHL

Rylan Kaip - Atlanta Thrashers/Chicago Wolves

Karl Goehring - Manitoba Moose

Brady Murray - LA Kings/Manchester

Robbie Bina - Springfield(AHL)/Stockton(ECHL)

Jean-Phillipe Lamoureux - Peoria(AHL)/Alaska(ECHL)

Chris Porter - Peoria/St. Louis

Bryan Lundbohm - Houston

Andy Schneider - Portland

Ryan Bayda - Albany/Carolina

Colby Genoway - Manitoba

ECHL

Kyle Radke - Idaho Steelheads

Derrick Byfuglien - ?

Erik Fabian - Alaska Aces

CHL

Brad Williamson - Colorado Eagles

Aaron Schneekloth - Colorado Eagles

SWISS ELITE

Travis Roche - SC Burn

Curtis Murphy - Lugano

Brad Defauw - Nordsjaelland Cobras

Nick Naumenko - Ambri-Piotta

SWEDEN

Lee Goren - Skelleftea AIK

Ed Belfour - ?

AUSTRIA

Jordan Parise - Salzburg Red Bulls

DEL

Jason Ulmer - Hannover

Jeff Ulmer - Frankfurt

Jeff Panzer - D

I don't remember which month of "The Hockey News" magazine, but I do remember reading the same thing about the 20 Blackhawks games being televised on WGN. There was a quote about it from the GM and all the changes they made regarding the broadcasts once the previous owner passed away.

Thanks for the info Lefty!