SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

MY FORMER SIOUX PRO UPDATE MARCH 14, 2006......

zach parise...new jersey NHL...8 G, 14 A, 22 PTS

brandon bochenski...traded from ottowa to chicago NHL...6 G, 7 A, 13 PTS

ed belfour...toronto NHL...22-22-4...3.29 GAA...892 SV %

lee goren...vancuver NHL...1 G, 2 A, 3 PTS (sent down to manitoba)

mike commodore...carolina NHL...1 G, 10 A, 11 PTS....95 PIM..

jason blake...new york isles NHL...23 G, 20 A, 43 PTS

greg johnson...nashville NHL...8 G, 6 A, 14 PTS

ryan johnson..st louis NHL...3 G, 4 A, 7 PTS

matt jones...phoenix NHL...0 G, 2 A, 2 PTS(IN PHX)

matt greene...edmonton NHL...0 G, 1 A, 1 PTS, 34 PIM (IN EDM)

david hale...new jersey NHL...0 G, 3 A, 3 PTS (IN NJ)

http://www.scrj.ch/lakers_0506/index.php

jeff panzer...rapperswil-jona lakers SWISS LEAGUE...9 G, 6 A, 15 PTS

brady murray...rapperswil-jona lakers SWISS LEAGUE...3 G, 9 A, 12 PTS

http://www.hockeystats.ch/

http://www.hcdavos.ch/index.php?content=37&m3=430

landon wilson...davos...SWISS LEAGUE...27 G, 14 A, 41 PTS

david hale...albany AHL...2 G, 5 A, 7 PTS (IN NJ AS OF NOW)

brandon bochenski...binghamton...AHL...11 G, 20 A, 31 PTS (IN CHI)

matt greene...iowa AHL...2 G, 5 A, 7 PTS (IN EDMONTON)

karl goehring..san antonio AHL...3-9-1..2.87 GAA..924 SV %

matt jones..san antonio AHL...1 G, 9 A, 10 PTS (IN SA AS OF NOW)

ryan bayda...manitoba AHL...11 G, 17 A, 28 PTS

bryan lundbohm...houston AHL...9 G, 15 A, 24 PTS

curtis murphy...houston AHL...10 G, 45 A, 55 PTS

travis roche...chicago AHL...6 G, 23 A, 29 PTS

david lundbohm...providence AHL...13 G, 17 A, 30 PTS

brad bombardir...springfield AHL...1 GAME THEN INACTIVE(TORN ACL)

colby genoway...hartford...AHL...21 G, 27 A, 48 PTS

nick naumenko...chicago...AHL...1 G, 14 A, 15 PTS

lee goren...matitoba..AHL...13 G, 14 A, 27 PTS (IN MTBA AS OF NOW)

andy schneider...scranton...AHL...3 G, 12 A, 15 PTS ( IN SCRANTON AS OF NOW)

andy schneider...wheeling ECHL...0 G, 1 A, 1 PT

chris leinweber...utah ECHL...1 G, 8 A , 9 PTS

chris leinweber...augusta ECHL...8 G, 6 A, 14 PTS (IN AUGUSTA)

rory mcmahon...greenville...ECHL...21 G, 20 A, 41 PTS

trevor hammer...florida seals SPHL...4 G, 16 A, 20 PTS

jeff ulmer...hamburg DEL...23 G, 15 A, 38 PTS

jason ulmer...kassel DEL...19 G, 33 A, 52 PTS

brad williamson...colorado...CHL...9 G, 46 A, 55 PTS

aaron schneekloth...austin...CHL...16 G, 26 A, 42 PTS (IN AUSTIN AS OF NOW)

aaron schneekloth...houston...AHL...0 G, 1 A, 1 PTS (IN AUSTIN AS OF NOW)

tim o'connel...missouri UHL...11 G, 19 A, 30 PTS

jason notermann...rockford...UHL...26 G, 43 A, 69 PTS (IN ROCKFORD AS OF NOW)

jason notermann...milwaukee..AHL...2 G, 1 A...3 PTS

MY FORMER SIOUX PRO UPDATE MARCH 14, 2006......

brad bombardir...springfield AHL...1 GAME THEN INACTIVE(TORN ACL)

Bombardir was on the Wild telecast a couple nights ago; sounded like he's back with the Wild, continuing rehab.

The thing that bothers me the most is Brady Murray's stats in the Swiss League... Either he's not fully recovered from his injuries or he's not doing well at all... ???

I'm not sure why, but in all the european leagues, it is very tough to score points. I believe even some big time NHL'ers who played over in europe leagues during the lockout(such as kovalchuk) only averaged barely a point per game(if not less). One of the people who is said to be about on par with Toews for the upcoming draft(I believe his name is Michael Frolik) only has something like 2 goals this season in a Europe league.

Somewhat suprised at Genoways #'s in the AHL,too bad he only had 3 years here ???

Maybe we can make up for it at least a little by getting Chay here. I know people aren't expecting a ton from him, but what if he is similarly talented, just smaller? He's getting here a year later than Colby did, so maybe he'll be able to step in and play at closer to his top potential earlier in his career.

the coyotes are down a forward tonight and matt jones took 5 shifts in the 1st period at forward. he was just interviewed and said that he really never has even played forward. he said gretzky asked hi to play forward. i guess if the great one thinks you can do it ten what the hell

the coyotes are down a forward tonight and matt jones took 5 shifts in the 1st period at forward. he was just interviewed and said that he really never has even played forward. he said gretzky asked hi to play forward. i guess if the great one thinks you can do it ten what the hell

And then he didn't see the ice again! 5 total minutes of ice time.

I was in Philly last week and got to a Phantoms game. They were playingf Hartford and Genoway was out there looking very very good - he got the 1st goal and and an assist or two as the wolfpack routed the phantoms. It was really fun watching him play again, especially since he has been doing so well :huh:

I guess when the great one asked you to play forward you ok I will give it a try.

brady murrays dad ,andy murray was fired today as head coach by the kings. i wonder if this will hinder bradys chances on making it up someday with the kings as he isn't exactly lighting it up in the swiss league??

brady murrays dad ,andy murray was fired today as head coach by the kings. i wonder if this will hinder bradys chances on making it up someday with the kings as he isn't exactly lighting it up in the swiss league??

I don't see Brady ever making the NHL. He should have stayed with the Sioux. That would have given him the best shot. Oshie has been filling Murray's shoes and then some.

I don't see Brady ever making the NHL. He should have stayed with the Sioux. That would have given him the best shot. Oshie has been filling Murray's shoes and then some.

If you don't see Brady Murray making the NHL, then why would he not take the 300-400 Grand while he can get it. If someone offered me that kind of money to do something I love, I would take it in a heartbeat, especially if I were a smaller stature like Brady.

Absolutely right. Plus he took a big step towards securing a future career option by permanently becoming a "non-import" player in the Swiss league. Had he not gone this season, he would have been unable to secure this designation. Now he can return to North America, give pro hockey a shot here, and head off to a nice Swiss career if it doesn't work out here. It's unfortunate for UND that it worked out that way, but he did the right thing.

Adding Murray to the abundance of elite offensive players already on this team would have been something (unless, of course, it meant Oshie wasn't here). Don't think of the Murray who struggled through the end of last year skating with a knee brace and shoulder harness, but the healthy one from his freshman year.