SiouxSports.com Forum

Scouting: Texas A&M Kingsville

jimdahl

Reading comprehension must not have been a requirement at UND. No where did I say you wouldn't get into a conference. Reread the post.

You suggested that there is a possibility that we would not be in a conference by then and we wouldn't be able to find games because of it.

I asked why we wouldn't be in a conference by then...NDSU and SDSU both found a conference. Why can't we?

:silly:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You suggested that there is a possibility that we would not be in a conference by then and we wouldn't be able to find games because of it.

I asked why we wouldn't be in a conference by then...NDSU and SDSU both found a conference. Why can't we?

:silly:

You think gettting into a conference is a slam dunk? Hell we were lucky that the stars were lined up. Teams have to leave conferences for other teams to join. You'll need that luck also to get into a conference. (specially fb)

You think gettting into a conference is a slam dunk? Hell we were lucky that the stars were lined up. Teams have to leave conferences for other teams to join. You'll need that luck also to get into a conference. (specially fb)

Jeez, Dan, which is it? Will we get into a conference or won't we? Make up your mind and let us know. We're all anxiously awaiting your further insight.

I don't care - I've never said one way or the other. It seems everyone at ss.com thinks it's not a problem.

Dan ---what you just said is a lie!!!!!! You care very much about UND. In fact you are obsessed with UND. UND has to be in your dreams at night and on your mind every waking hour. You are very passionate about UND and we do appreciate your concern.

Dan ---what you just said is a lie!!!!!! You care very much about UND. In fact you are obsessed with UND. UND has to be in your dreams at night and on your mind every waking hour. You are very passionate about UND and we do appreciate your concern.

Someone having a bad day?

Can we avoid the UND versus NDSU pissing contest please? I am more curious to read what people think about the opponents. I would expect Bisonville to reflect highly on the Bison and Siouxsports to reflect highly on the Sioux. So please let me read what people think about the opponents for UND here and I will read what the Bison think about their opponents on Bisonville. For a more neutral reflection, I will read anygivensaturday.

I just don't get Bison Dan: He should be more concerned about the day that a Southern Illinois blitzer comes clean around the left tackle (and they'll know how from Lennon) and Mertens goes down. Dan's favorite team's backup was a QB at a JUCO last year. The third stringer has NCAA clearinghouse "issues". Oh, and one of his starting safeties is done for the season before the first snap.

But Dan's worried about UND's conference situation 5 years from now, when UND's in a conference today.

Wait a minute, I think I have figured Dan out:

He thinks about UND so he doesn't have to think about the problems in that world.

Glad to provide the therapy, Dan. Glad we could help. :huh::silly:

I'm just wondering...does the Sioux nation already have this chalked up as a win (and an easy one at that)?

What chance do the Javelinas have?

Jav fan, I don't think I would neccessarily consider it a slam dunk, but it's definetely a game that UND should win. I can't say that I'm schooled all that well on Jav football but I have a hard time guaranteeing a win over anybody.....unless of course we are playing the St. Mary's Girls School for the Blind or something. Some people are concerned with UND's offensive backfield situation, but I think the Sioux should be ok there. The O-Line is considerably smaller this year. We lost a WR that set numerous school records, that should appear to be a problem, but as long as Brady Treanbeth stays healthy and others fill in, the corps should be just fine. We have a new head coach running virtually the same system, that should make transitioning from Coach Lennon to Coach Mussman fairly easy for the players. Sorry you have to read through the constant pissing match with the school to the south to get my take. I'd be interested to see what you think of the Jav's chances next Thursday and tell me what I can expect to see after driving 10 hours from Wyoming to Grand Forks to see us transistion to DI! Good luck to you guys.

I'm just wondering...does the Sioux nation already have this chalked up as a win (and an easy one at that)?

With all due respect to TAMU-Kingsville, yes, this should be an easy win. That said, it is the first game of the season, crazy things can happen.

My prediction: Sioux 41, Kingsville 17

Including playoffs, UND is 27-1 at home against non-conference opponents since 1999, and TAMUK is entering the season unranked, so clearly UND should be a pretty heavy favorite. I doubt many are chalking this game up as an automatic win, however. At least five posters on the d2football.com board have actually picked TAMUK to win.

I understand being proud about your tradition and history.....TAMKU holds 7 national titles, but the last one was 30 years ago 1979......their website is alot about that...

They have a 2nd year head coach trying to revive their program that has a total of 15 losses the last 2 years, I believe UND will win, bu nothing is ever easy....

Doesn't Kingsville have something like 3-5 new transfers from BCS/1-A schools? That kind of "wild card" in the equation always makes me a little anxious about predictions of an easy win.

IIRC...Humboldt State had a few FBS transfers last year as well.

I am looking forward to Thursday!

38 UND

13 TAMUK

IIRC...Humboldt State had a few FBS transfers last year as well.

I am looking forward to Thursday!

38 UND

13 TAMUK

Another example was Newberry a few years ago--a struggling program that brought in several highly-touted I-A transfers. A couple of them were actually pretty good, but not enough to make it much of a game against the Sioux.

Jav fan, I don't think I would neccessarily consider it a slam dunk, but it's definetely a game that UND should win. I can't say that I'm schooled all that well on Jav football but I have a hard time guaranteeing a win over anybody.....unless of course we are playing the St. Mary's Girls School for the Blind or something. Some people are concerned with UND's offensive backfield situation, but I think the Sioux should be ok there. The O-Line is considerably smaller this year. We lost a WR that set numerous school records, that should appear to be a problem, but as long as Brady Treanbeth stays healthy and others fill in, the corps should be just fine. We have a new head coach running virtually the same system, that should make transitioning from Coach Lennon to Coach Mussman fairly easy for the players. Sorry you have to read through the constant pissing match with the school to the south to get my take. I'd be interested to see what you think of the Jav's chances next Thursday and tell me what I can expect to see after driving 10 hours from Wyoming to Grand Forks to see us transistion to DI! Good luck to you guys.

I think we will be much improved over the last two seasons. We had a change in coaching staffs and a lot of roster turnover as well. That resulted in a lot of youth on the field (QBs that played in 2006 & 2007 were all freshmen, starters and backups). Long term its good that there is now a lot of experienced (and still young) guys all throughout the roster, but it was tough the last two years. I have confidence we are well on the way back. We just need to get off to a good start.

Our former SID is now an associate AD up there, you might shoot him an email to get his take.

We'll be watching down here. Hope its a good game.