SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY37m

@SiouxFootball That's a good call; there's a couple openings still in '15 and '17 to fit my theory no?

Izzo is predicting UND vs ndsu. But I guess he always makes that prediction whenever any future scheduling convo starts up.

Edit: Argh, Darell beat me to it....

He's predicting it because his "theory" was shot down by Gene Taylor (surprise surprise) last year. I think he was the one who started the whole UND vs NDSU in 2015 thing and even asked Gene Taylor if they were going to play.

UND hosts USD in 2016 and travels to Vermillion in 2017.

UND travels to Missouri St in 2014 (previously known) and they play a return game in 2018.

UND also hosts Drake in 2015 (previously known).

Faison is doing an excellent job filling out the schedule!

Edit: UND travels to USD in 2017, not 2018.

• Upvote 1

UND hosts USD in 2016 and travels to Vermillion in 2018.

UND travels to Missouri St in 2014 (previously known) and they play a return game in 2018.

UND also hosts Drake in 2015 (previously known).

Faison is doing an excellent job filling out the schedule!

I have not seen anything about a return trip from Missouri State...are they confirmed to come to us on 2018?

This is what I have seen reported known OOC schedules (feel free to correct me if I missed anything or messed one up):

2014 (12 games allowed)

@ San Jose St (FBS)

Robert Morris

@Missouri State

Open (not required)

@Wyoming

Drake

Open

@Bowling Green

USD

Open

@Utah

@USD

Open

@Washington

Missouri St

Open

Set up nicely so that UND could either pay a team to come in or set up another home and home. Definitely looking for a home game in 2017 though, otherwise a minimum of 5 home games are already scheduled all the way out through 2018. Assuming that a decent buyout was put on Missouri St for the backend of the contract as well. Just for reference of how far out these are scheduled, barring a 6th year medical redshirt, there is no one on this years roster who will play in the 2018 games. The kids being recruited this year and that will sign in the spring will know almost their whole schedule for their career except for 1 game a year (excluding of course any change in the conference schedule).

Although I'm glad to be playing USD again, this doesn't excite me as much as other schools would have (UNI, SIU, NDSU). Looking at the schedule, I think 2015 and 2017 are setting up nicely for a UND / NDSU renewal. That would give us our 2017 home game.

All in all, though, good game with a regional rival.

Although I'm glad to be playing USD again, this doesn't excite me as much as other schools would have (UNI, SIU, NDSU). Looking at the schedule, I think 2015 and 2017 are setting up nicely for a UND / NDSU renewal. That would give us our 2017 home game.

I caught that as well. I would be a little disappointed as that would mean only 5 home games in 2015 and 2017 (will be 5 regardless) and possibly 2014 if UND doesn't schedule a 12th game. I also understand that paying a team a huge chunk of money for a one time game isn't beneficial to the athletic department if attendance doesn't pick up either so the home and homes are necessary and do have the advantage of providing quality opponents. With Lennon at SIU, I am surprised something hasn't been worked out with them.

All in all, though, good game with a regional rival.

UND could still get a home and home with UNI and SIU. I like the BSC/MVFC matchups (call me Dom Izzzo). If its a DI counter I am all for it.

Not sure how much to read into this but Schleusner tweeted that it looks like the schedule's done through 2020. If that's the case and not just an exaggeration we may be in for a few more announcements in the coming weeks.

2020?!? That is good news, of course with a lot teams moving from the FCS to the FBS and a possible FBS spilt into 2 divisions could alter the schedule (unless those teams are part of the split). If everything stays status quo then having a schedule done for the next 7 years is incredible..hats off to Faison and company for getting this done!!

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else think its weird that with Dale Lennon at SIU they haven't played UND since we were a non-counter in 2008? I would think by now SIU would be coming to the Alerus for a little Dale Lennon homecoming.

I think in the case of football, it is generally the Athletic Directors that do the scheduling, so I don't know how much connections between coaches means.

You think Boschee was the one on the phone to get Kansas to play UND? Connections are connections.

Roy Williams made a point to let his players play teams from their home state.

The reason that UND hasn't played SIU again may be as simple as schedules not matching up at the right time. And Faison being proactive to schedule so far out may be part of that.

Boy Dom Izzo is determined to get UND to play NDSU.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY

Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY 22m

September 19th, 2015: Could that be the day when #NDSU and #UND end the drought? Bison have only Montana scheduled for that year #FCS

Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY 26m

With today's additions; #UND AD Brian Faison says they have 1 opening left for football schedules for 2015 and 2017 #BigSkyFB

You think Boschee was the one on the phone to get Kansas to play UND? Connections are connections.

Yes, but in basketball, it is generally the coaching staffs that do the scheduling. That is partly why we've seen so many UNI-North Dakota matchups in basketball over the years. Both staffs have connections to the other school. I'm not saying the football coaches don't have any input, just saying that with only a handful of games to schedule in that sport every year, it is mostly the A.D. that makes those decisions.

• 1 month later...

Larry Scott, Pac12 Commissioner, against Pac12 schools scheduling FCS teams:

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_23735227/college-football-pac-12-commissioner-larry-scott-says

"I'm not very sympathetic. I just don't think the concept of buy games is a healthy thing for college football or for fans," Scott said. "It's been a quirk in the system that they've benefited from and good for them. I certainly don't feel like it's an entitlement or right they have. To me that's not a higher priority than creating higher quality college football matchups.

"There is plenty of socialized revenue distribution through the NCAA."

Washington and Utah would have to buy us out.

• 4 months later...

UND entered into a home and home with Stony Brook. Home in 2014, away in 2016. Meh. It seems like there are better home and home options than Stony Brook.

http://www.undsports...TCLID=209345164

Just moved to the CAA from the Big South. A home and home was probably one of the easier ways to get 6 home games this year. Assures that there will be only 5 home games in 2016 though. USD + 4 conference at home with 4 conference games on the road and at Bowling Green and at Stony Brook.

Next year's schedule looks good with trips to San Jose St and Missouri State and Robert Morris and Stony Brook at home for OOC. Glad Faison went 12 games.