SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

What I was referring to here was that, with a 13-team conference, there's no guarantee we'll get both of the Montana schools on our schedule each year, or if we'll get one of them at home each season. That's why it would be nice if they'd add one more team, so they'd split into divisions. Every division scenario would place us with Montana and MSU, meaning annual games with each -- likely one at home and one away.

Ahh got it... my bad.

Faison said he wasnt supposed to mention the football deal lol. it slipped out of his mouth

on the coaches show he said our rivals are UNC and Montana state

Each team has two rivals

Montana State would be us and Montana

So we are not oging to be paired with the grizzlies.

The basketball sehculde is also 20 game congerence season.

Then I'm assuming they are not planning on adding a 14th/12th member at this time, or splitting into divisions for football then? With 13 teams, is the Big Sky still guaranteed only one post-season football playoff spot?

Faison said he wasnt supposed to mention the football deal lol. it slipped out of his mouth

on the coaches show he said our rivals are UNC and Montana state

Each team has two rivals

Montana State would be us and Montana

So we are not oging to be paired with the grizzlies.

That's too bad. Montana was the big prize. By my math, UND will be seeing Montana 3 out of every 5 years. That will mean we will see Montana in Grand Forks 3 times per decade. Certainly not ideal.

USD's 2011 Football Schedule

Date Opponent Time/Result

Sat, Sep 3 at Air Force (Colorado Springs, Colo.) TBA

Sat, Sep 10 Eastern Washington (DakotaDome) TBA

Sat, Sep 17 Lamar (DakotaDome) TBA

Sat, Sep 24 at Wisconsin (Madison, Wis.) TBA

Sat, Oct 1 Lindenwood (DakotaDome) TBA

Sat, Oct 8 Southern Utah * (DakotaDome) (Dakota Days) TBA

Sat, Oct 15 at Illinois State (Normal, Ill.) TBA

Sat, Oct 22 UC Davis * (DakotaDome) (Family Day) TBA

Sat, Oct 29 at Cal Poly * (San Luis Obispo, Calif.) TBA

Sat, Nov 12 Missouri S&T (DakotaDome) TBA

Sat, Nov 19 at North Dakota * (Grand Forks, N.D.) TBA

I would give anything to have that schedule. How in the world did we end up with this horse !@#$ schedule when litle ole south dakota has a 100Times better schedule then us.

Eastern washingtn at home? lol cmon faison how cnat u get teams t come here. We average more attendance then USD every year. whats the deal?

edited*

I would give anything to have that schedule. How in the world did we end up with this horse !@#$ schedule when litle ole south dakota has a 100Times better schedule then us.

Sac state at home? Eastern washingtn at home? lol cmon faison how cnat u get teams t come here. We average more attendance then USD every year. whats the deal?

Where do you see Sac State on that schedule at all? Eastern Washington is a good game for them, probably arranged a couple of years ago. Or it was on a weekend that UND already had booked. Southern Utah and UC Davis are league games. UND hosted Lamar last year and won 31-6. Lindenwood is NAIA if I remember correctly. Missouri S & T is Division II. So the main difference in their home schedule compared to UND is EWU. USD's road schedule is better, but they will probably get beat up pretty good by Air Force and especially Wisconsin. Overall they have a better schedule but it isn't 100 times better.

Where do you see Sac State on that schedule at all? Eastern Washington is a good game for them, probably arranged a couple of years ago. Or it was on a weekend that UND already had booked. Southern Utah and UC Davis are league games. UND hosted Lamar last year and won 31-6. Lindenwood is NAIA if I remember correctly. Missouri S & T is Division II. So the main difference in their home schedule compared to UND is EWU. USD's road schedule is better, but they will probably get beat up pretty good by Air Force and especially Wisconsin. Overall they have a better schedule but it isn't 100 times better.

Lindenwood is the same as Black Hills State...NAIA in transition to DII. In my opinion the fact trading a sub DI game for the current FCS National Champ makes it 100 times better.

Lindenwood is the same as Black Hills State...NAIA in transition to DII. In my opinion the fact trading a sub DI game for the current FCS National Champ makes it 100 times better.

We can sit and complain about it or just deal with it. This is the schedule for 1 year and we will never have this problem again.

The fact is if more people would show up if the AD had more money to guarantee teams. He obviously cannot guarantee 150k to a good FCS team knowing that 6-7k might show up. And I don't want to hear the argument about how people would come if better teams were scheduled, that has been proven false many times.

EWU is a very recent add, like the last month or so. We had a game with Western Illinois, which we dropped, and then had something going with Sac St and ended up with EWU.

Lindenwood, while a transitioning NAIA, is much better than BHSU. Still, I will admit there are two sub D1's on the schedule, but at least we get 6 home games, one being the FCS champs.

Just remember all we still can't get to the playoffs yet so OOC doesn't mean anything. Its the conference games that count for whatever its worth. So lets enjoy 2011 and then UND, USD, Cal Poly, UC Davis, and SUU can all say so long Great West Football Conference it was nice knowing you and hello Big Sky (and MVFC for USD).

USD's 2011 Football Schedule

Date Opponent Time/Result

Sat, Sep 3 at Air Force (Colorado Springs, Colo.) TBA

Sat, Sep 10 Eastern Washington (DakotaDome) TBA

Sat, Sep 17 Lamar (DakotaDome) TBA

Sat, Sep 24 at Wisconsin (Madison, Wis.) TBA

Sat, Oct 1 Lindenwood (DakotaDome) TBA

Sat, Oct 8 Southern Utah * (DakotaDome) (Dakota Days) TBA

Sat, Oct 15 at Illinois State (Normal, Ill.) TBA

Sat, Oct 22 UC Davis * (DakotaDome) (Family Day) TBA

Sat, Oct 29 at Cal Poly * (San Luis Obispo, Calif.) TBA

Sat, Nov 12 Missouri S&T (DakotaDome) TBA

Sat, Nov 19 at North Dakota * (Grand Forks, N.D.) TBA

Talk about a great schedule and fun and challenging for the players too. Getting EWU at home in a late schedule pickup a huge for your program. I like that USD has UND at the end of the year, I wonder if we can keep that game going as a rivalry.

Just remember all we still can't get to the playoffs yet so OOC doesn't mean anything. Its the conference games that count for whatever its worth. So lets enjoy 2011 and then UND, USD, Cal Poly, UC Davis, and SUU can all say so long Great West Football Conference it was nice knowing you and hello Big Sky (and MVFC for USD).

Cannot get to the playoffs, but UND has 4 "dogs" on the schedule and USD has maybe one or two. Lindenwood is a NAIA championship caliber team. Do not know anything about S&T. Faison ought to look at this schedule and be ashamed of himself. Hope it has not affected recruiting, it sure has affected my interest in coming to GF for a game or traveling to see one this year.

• Upvote 1

Cannot get to the playoffs, but UND has 4 "dogs" on the schedule and USD has maybe one or two. Lindenwood is a NAIA championship caliber team. Do not know anything about S&T. Faison ought to look at this schedule and be ashamed of himself. Hope it has not affected recruiting, it sure has affected my interest in coming to GF for a game or traveling to see one this year.

Me too. I am just trying to think of the positive side of UND's sh-t schedule.

Is there ANY chance we could see a schedule change that would bring a higher-level team to Alerus instead of Montana Western, Black Hills, or Sioux Falls, or is the schedule locked in? Any chance for a late pick-up or swap? Is Drake the fourth "dog" you reference? Montana Western is actually Parents Weekend. Aaarrrghh.

So you are calling an NAIA team a legit opponent and NOT a dog? By that standard you must have been thrilled when we played Sioux Falls two years ago because they were the NAIA National Champion.

They have two dogs and we have three.

So you are calling an NAIA team a legit opponent and NOT a dog? By that standard you must have been thrilled when we played Sioux Falls two years ago because they were the NAIA National Champion.

They have two dogs and we have three.

I could agree that they have two dogs and we have three assuming SFU and LIndenwood are not as strong as in recent years, but I also think Drake is a dog. Looked up MO. S&T. I knew them as Missori Rolla. Not a strong program and Drake only barely beat them last year. Overall no matter how you stack it UND's 2011 schedule is not nearly as good as USD's. Idaho and Fresno do not match up with UW and Air Force and the home schedule is very poor except for the 2 GWC games. Sad, but true. Hope things get better with the BSC etc.

Dogs on the bottom end are much easier to stomach when your high end is soooo freeaaking high. As a season ticket holder, sitting through Lamar and Lindenwood is fine when you travel to Air Force and Wisconsin (must have leveraged those long standing club hockey relationships) . Sandwich in EWU, and it's go time. Well done 'Yotes.

Drake is a dog. You will find out that next season. I'd say Lindenwood (I know they are NAIA) would beat Drake pretty handily. Yes, we have two sub D1s on the schedule but it is worth it to have 6 home games. Last year in transition, nothing to play for but the GWFC, might as well have some fun. EWU will be fun and it will be cool to see the Yotes take on the Badgers. I'm not calling for the upset in that one but...but Wiscy is known to start out the season slow. A few years back Poly had them on the ropes. You never know.

We might not beat the Badgers but I'll put the USD drinking team up against the Wisconsin drunks any day of the week.

Drake is a dog. You will find out that next season. I'd say Lindenwood (I know they are NAIA) would beat Drake pretty handily. Yes, we have two sub D1s on the schedule but it is worth it to have 6 home games. Last year in transition, nothing to play for but the GWFC, might as well have some fun. EWU will be fun and it will be cool to see the Yotes take on the Badgers. I'm not calling for the upset in that one but...but Wiscy is known to start out the season slow. A few years back Poly had them on the ropes. You never know.

We might not beat the Badgers but I'll put the USD drinking team up against the Wisconsin drunks any day of the week.

Cal Poly played them near the end of the year as I recall and led until the last few minutes and had the ball moving when time ran out. Poly had some game and UW took them too lightly. May happen again. Good luck Coyotes. Wish UND had a marquee game like this. As an alum I am very disappointed. The nickname has hurt us more in FB than in any other sport.

Cal Poly played them near the end of the year as I recall and led until the last few minutes and had the ball moving when time ran out. Poly had some game and UW took them too lightly. May happen again. Good luck Coyotes. Wish UND had a marquee game like this. As an alum I am very disappointed. The nickname has hurt us more in FB than in any other sport.

Actually the game in question (UW vs Cal Poly) was a 2008 35-36 loss in OT. Cal Poly missed three extra points that game and a 46 yard field goal with 12 seconds left in the game. They then missed their third extra point of the game in OT, hence the one point loss.