SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Yote....it certainly could be. Yes they play those teams in 2011. I'm pleased USF scheduled them..and they will all be uphill battles..but I'd rather see those games then the 60-0 kinda games, etc. As a Coo fan, we have to expect tough sledding with a move up..and especially when you schedule teams who are tops in D2 or even FCS level.

Hey Witt tough loss for you guys yesterday. Time to move on for you. So what can we expect from the Coo next year? How many starters are coming back. How many schlorships are you giving out next year. I hope you don't have another Lorenzo Brown as your QB. Did Lorenzo get any tryouts with any pro teams like the Arena league.

Hey Witt tough loss for you guys yesterday. Time to move on for you. So what can we expect from the Coo next year? How many starters are coming back. How many schlorships are you giving out next year. I hope you don't have another Lorenzo Brown as your QB. Did Lorenzo get any tryouts with any pro teams like the Arena league.

I don't have the facts on the scholarships, etc..so that's gonna have to be a question for another day....as today is the first day for USF post-naia.

USF will be losing....QB, RB, WR, WR, OT...DE, DE, LB, S.

Key losses....QB Jon Eastman, NAIA POY WR-Jon Ryan,, WR Alex Anderson. LB Dominick Studzinski, DE Brandon Koolstra, S Dan Schmeichel.

So biggest concerns for USF will be needing to replace 45 TD passes..and a WR who caught 24 of them and 1400 yards. While losing some real good defenders....but not a lot of them.

The offense will need to re-tool more than the USF defense, who will return most....from the top unit in the NAIA this season. (8 ppg)

Basically the QB....and two WR's that were 4-year starters....will be the biggest things to replace.

Also the chance that a few of the guys transfer to other NAIA schools (maybe) as USF goes through this transition period. Always a small risk in a move like this.

,,,,,,,,,as for old QB Lorenzo Brown....he currently plays for the Sioux Falls Storm....a top IFL? Arena League team. Kinda plays a slash-position with them.

With this schedule, how many games will the sue expect to win next year?

Drake

Montana Western

Black Hills

Sioux Falls

These games should be considered wins.

Idaho, Fresno, Davis, SUU will be tough road games. Cal-Poly will be tough even at home.

N Colorado and USD are winnable, but also can be loses.

What do you as sue fans think the record will be......

I see anywhere from 4-6 wins next year.

Drake

Montana Western

Black Hills

Sioux Falls

Idaho, Fresno, Davis, SUU will be tough road games. Cal-Poly will be tough even at home.

I don't think anyone named Sue would be able to beat a full football team by herself. Now if you want to talk about the University of North Dakota football team you can at least learn how to spell correctly.

I don't think anyone named Sue would be able to beat a full football team by herself. Now if you want to talk about the University of North Dakota football team you can at least learn how to spell correctly.

I love how this idiot comes on this board trying to ask legit questions but does the back handed slap at the same time. Nothing quite like a person that streams yellow all over themselves. :angry:

I love how this idiot comes on this board trying to ask legit questions but does the back handed slap at the same time. Nothing quite like a person that streams yellow all over themselves. :angry:

I don't have any problems with people coming on to ask questions or give opinions. But it gets tiring seeing the constant insults and shots from the fanbase to the south.

Drake

Montana Western

Black Hills

Sioux Falls

Are you so stupid you actually can't spell or is this your lame attempt as humor. go somewhere else d-bag

All I have to say is that I am glad we decided not to go with the Summit League but Independent for football route. While part of the problem may be that we cannot guarantee return games due to the future move to the Big Sky, the other part of the problem is that FCS college football has changed in the past couple of years that focuses on more conference games, the big payout game vs. bowl schools, and the need to balance out the few NC games you have left. The current landscape is just a recipe for independent disaster.

This person understands why for UND

Big Sky >> Summit + football independent

I think 6-5 can be called a "successful" season next year. Anything less will be disappointing.

6-5 successful? Why do we have such low standards around here. 6-5 with four cupcakes would be a joke.

that means we went 2-5 against the rest of the schedule. If that's successful then I guess I'm clueless.

6-5 successful? Why do we have such low standards around here. 6-5 with four cupcakes would be a joke.

that means we went 2-5 against the rest of the schedule. If that's successful then I guess I'm clueless.

No, not clueless but maybe you don't understand how far we have yet to go. We're still in a building mode. First, Sioux Falls is no "cupcake" and pulling out more than two wins against the following will be challenging -- not impossible but challenging. Especially if we don't get the QB situation nailed down. With the right leadership, we'll get there and ultimately we'll be a regular contender for post-season in the Big Sky (we have too many resources NOT to be a contender year in, year out) but it's going to take time.

If we get more than 2 wins against these, who will it be?

@ Idaho

@ Fresno State

@ Cal Davis

Cal Poly

@ Southern Utah

@ Northern Colorado

South Dakota

No, not clueless but maybe you don't understand how far we have yet to go. We're still in a building mode. First, Sioux Falls is no "cupcake" and pulling out more than two wins against the following will be challenging -- not impossible but challenging. Especially if we don't get the QB situation nailed down. With the right leadership, we'll get there and ultimately we'll be a regular contender for post-season in the Big Sky (we have too many resources NOT to be a contender year in, year out) but it's going to take time.

If we get more than 2 wins against these, who will it be?

@ Idaho

@ Fresno State

@ Cal Davis

Cal Poly

@ Southern Utah

@ Northern Colorado

South Dakota

While it certainly won't be easy, I think UND needs to win all the home games next year. And UNC could be a winnable road game, although it's very difficult to project how improved they might be with a new staff.

UNC was a horrible football team last year. Having seen USD's home games last year I was more impressed (or suprised) with NW Oklahoma St than with UNC. I would think that should be a win for UND next season. But, UND is going to need to seriously improve next season if they are going to beat USD. This past season there was a noticeable talent difference betweeen the teams during the game. USD is pretty much returning everyone next year, they should be more experienced and more talented. That said, USD did its best tank job at the end of the season so we have our own issues to work on.

Thu, Sep 01 Drake Win

Sat, Sep 10 Idaho Loss

Sat, Sep 17 Fresno State Loss

Sat, Sep 24 Black Hills State Win

Sat, Oct 01 Southern Utah * Loss

Sat, Oct 08 Montana Western Win

Sat, Oct 15 Open TBA TBA

Sat, Oct 22 Cal Poly * Grand Forks, N.D. Win

Sat, Oct 29 Northern Colorado at Greeley, Colo. Win

Sat, Nov 05 Sioux Falls Grand Forks, N.D. Win

Sat, Nov 12 UC Davis * at Davis, Calif. Win

Sat, Nov 19 South Dakota * Grand Forks, N.D. Win

I think a successfull season would qualify as 8-3 or possibly 7-4. Anything less is not succesful in my view. We should not be losing to a non-scholly or an NAIA so that should be 4 wins. Win the home conference games, although they are both tough (USD/Cal Poly) gets us to six wins. Try for a split on the road (UC Davis/S. Utah), seven wins and beat UNC to get to eight. That's what I would expect from a Fighting Sioux team any given year.

Thu, Sep 01 Drake Win

Sat, Sep 10 Idaho Loss

Sat, Oct 15 Open TBA TBA

I think a successful season would qualify as 8-3 or possibly 7-4. Anything less is not succesful in my view. We should not be losing to a non-scholly or an NAIA so that should be 4 wins. Win the home conference games, although they are both tough (USD/Cal Poly) gets us to six wins. Try for a split on the road (UC Davis/S. Utah), seven wins and beat UNC to get to eight. That's what I would expect from a Fighting Sioux team any given year.

I hope you're right. 8-3 or better would be a GREAT way to enter the Big Sky. I'm not a negative person, but I'm afraid we're going to go 1-3 against the quartet of USD, the two Cal schools and SUU. And UNC did lose to Big Sky champ Montana State by just two in Bozeman, and national finalist EWU had to score two touchdowns in the last three minutes to beat the Bears by seven so UNC is capable of playing good football even if they didn't give the Yotes a game. 8-3 would be nice but I'm not seeing it. Hope I'm wrong.

UNC was a horrible football team last year. Having seen USD's home games last year I was more impressed (or suprised) with NW Oklahoma St than with UNC. I would think that should be a win for UND next season. But, UND is going to need to seriously improve next season if they are going to beat USD. This past season there was a noticeable talent difference betweeen the teams during the game. USD is pretty much returning everyone next year, they should be more experienced and more talented. That said, USD did its best tank job at the end of the season so we have our own issues to work on.

Yote....I'm not a USD fan by any means, but I agree with what you said here. USD handled that game with UND..I watched that beginning to end. USD has some real talent, especially on offense. I think UND has some work to do catching back up with the Coyotes right now.

Dear Santa,

We would like an FCS competent quarterback that defenses take seriously.

That way we won't have to face 8 and 9 men in the box looks and can start putting up numbers again.

See, we really aren't asking for much so we hope you'll come through.

Signed,

Josh Murray

Mitch Sutton

Jake Miller

I don't have the facts on the scholarships, etc..so that's gonna have to be a question for another day....as today is the first day for USF post-naia.

USF will be losing....QB, RB, WR, WR, OT...DE, DE, LB, S.

Key losses....QB Jon Eastman, NAIA POY WR-Jon Ryan,, WR Alex Anderson. LB Dominick Studzinski, DE Brandon Koolstra, S Dan Schmeichel.

So biggest concerns for USF will be needing to replace 45 TD passes..and a WR who caught 24 of them and 1400 yards. While losing some real good defenders....but not a lot of them.

The offense will need to re-tool more than the USF defense, who will return most....from the top unit in the NAIA this season. (8 ppg)

Basically the QB....and two WR's that were 4-year starters....will be the biggest things to replace.

Also the chance that a few of the guys transfer to other NAIA schools (maybe) as USF goes through this transition period. Always a small risk in a move like this.

You gave up 8 points a game that's good d. Wwe UND has to put a QB on the field who can complete some passes.,,,,,,,,,as for old QB Lorenzo Brown....he currently plays for the Sioux Falls Storm....a top IFL? Arena League team. Kinda plays a slash-position with them.

USF gave up 8 points a game that's good D. Some of our posters are thinking we can win 6 7 8 games. Without a QB we may have a tough time winning half our games.

I expect a tough games from you guys. Being D1 that should not be the case. We played some pretty good ball at times last year. You just never know from one year to the next. We think we have some pretty good young guys coming up. Thanks for the rundown of your team.

http://www.mtstandard.com/news/local/article_5dfe80a8-0c91-11e0-bfd5-001cc4c002e0.html

Yotes....look like you just lost your DC today. (Chuck is a small town, fly fishing kinda guy....so this wasn't a shock to us USF folks)

Kinda figured this was getting announced today..took all day..

Chuck Morrell finally expressed interest in being a head coach..something new for him. They are getting a heckuva coach out there in Butte. MT Tech is the biggest rival of Carroll College....the team who's won 6 of the last 9 NAIA national titles. The biggest rivalry at the NAIA level nationally. (Tech is a real good engineering school)

Thu, Sep 01 Drake Win

Sat, Sep 10 Idaho Loss

Sat, Oct 15 Open TBA TBA

I think a successfull season would qualify as 8-3 or possibly 7-4. Anything less is not succesful in my view. We should not be losing to a non-scholly or an NAIA so that should be 4 wins. Win the home conference games, although they are both tough (USD/Cal Poly) gets us to six wins. Try for a split on the road (UC Davis/S. Utah), seven wins and beat UNC to get to eight. That's what I would expect from a Fighting Sioux team any given year.

It's a bit early for me to make predictions, but on the surface I like our chances against Drake, Black Hills, Montana Western, Sioux Falls, Northern Colorado, Cal Poly, and USD. Not saying I'm overly confident in any of those matchups, but beyond the obvious first 4, I think UND has matched up quite well with Poly the last two years, and seriously doubt USD could be considered a heavy favorite in Grand Forks. Northern Colorado is Northern Colorado..................not overlooking them, just think they are the best chance for a road win.

It's a bit early for me to make predictions, but on the surface I like our chances against Drake, Black Hills, Montana Western, Sioux Falls, Northern Colorado, Cal Poly, and USD. Not saying I'm overly confident in any of those matchups, but beyond the obvious first 4, I think UND has matched up quite well with Poly the last two years, and seriously doubt USD could be considered a heavy favorite in Grand Forks. Northern Colorado is Northern Colorado..................not overlooking them, just think they are the best chance for a road win.

This isn't necessarily groundbreaking by any means but a source at the university says Faison will be inking an FBS game with New Mexico State his previous employer in 2013. I'd expect it to be officially announced in the coming months.

This isn't necessarily groundbreaking by any means but a source at the university says Faison will be inking an FBS game with New Mexico State his previous employer in 2013. I'd expect it to be officially announced in the coming months.

New Mexico St's program is practically the worst in FBS - by 2013 that should be a very reasonable shot at a win.

But that game may also mean a shot at more regional programs like Minnesota, Iowa St, Wyoming or even Colorado State won't be available until 2014 or later.

New Mexico St's program is practically the worst in FBS - by 2013 that should be a very reasonable shot at a win.

But that game may also mean a shot at more regional programs like Minnesota, Iowa St, Wyoming or even Colorado State won't be available until 2014 or later.

Most of those regional programs are probably booked out that far already, so he may just be filling a spot until one of them has an opening.

nmsuaggies_medium.jpg

Their mascot/logo has a sweet mustache