SiouxSports.com Forum

Kelley, Chapman get together

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

LINK

Story in the Herald. Hopefully this is a step towards a UND-NDSU football game.

Kelley said both presidents look forward to the time when NDSU and UND can be in the same athletic division and resume their football rivalry.

“If we can keep the competition on the playing field and work together on everything else, that’s just about perfect,” Kelley said.

As long as Phil H. doesn't poison Kelly.

Since Robert Potts, Eddie Dunn and all the presidents of the North Dakota University System felt that Chapman was undermining the system and poisoning all the relationships within the system, I'd be more worried about your own house. I haven't seen where any NDUS Chancellors had problems with Kupchella or Harmeson. JQ Paulson tried to convince a few people that Kuphella was a problem, but that didn't fly either. Actually, it turned out that Chapman's lap dog was the problem and now he's on his way out also. Three people have come and gone from the NDUS Chancellor position in a short time. Two of them were good men with lots of character and great integrity. But those characteristics aren't a good fit for someone like Chapman so his lap dog was brought in to do as much damage to the system as he could before they finally voted him out. Now the blindly led NDSU alums are worried about Kelley being poisoned....give me a break.

Since Robert Potts, Eddie Dunn and all the presidents of the North Dakota University System felt that Chapman was undermining the system and poisoning all the relationships within the system, I'd be more worried about your own house. I haven't seen where any NDUS Chancellors had problems with Kupchella or Harmeson. JQ Paulson tried to convince a few people that Kuphella was a problem, but that didn't fly either. Actually, it turned out that Chapman's lap dog was the problem and now he's on his way out also. Three people have come and gone from the NDUS Chancellor position in a short time. Two of them were good men with lots of character and great integrity. But those characteristics aren't a good fit for someone like Chapman so his lap dog was brought in to do as much damage to the system as he could before they finally voted him out. Now the blindly led NDSU alums are worried about Kelley being poisoned....give me a break.

Is that the same lap dog that recommended Kelly? Don't blame your poor leadership on others. The round table is a flawed idea. It assumes that all instutitions will be treated fairly. I'm glad Chapman keeps pointing out the inequities in the system. If the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure you would too. So you love Harmeson - he did a good job with the athletic dept. didn't he?

Don't blame your poor leadership on others. The round table is a flawed idea. It assumes that all instutitions will be treated fairly. I'm glad Chapman keeps pointing out the inequities in the system.

You and the rest of the Chapman cronies are the only ones that talk about UND's poor leadership. People in the know like Potts, Dunn and the NDUS presidents didn't have that opinion. They only talk about Chapman being the problem. You must know more than all these people and most of the state legislators. :silly: The only inequities are that made up in your mind. If you think NDSU should be on par with UND, you're more delusional than I first suspected. That would be like Moorhead Tech College thinking they should be on par with the UofM. You've got to remember, you don't have a School of Medicine, you don't have a School of Law, you don't have the top Aviation program in the country, you don't have a good Business School, you don't have the Liberal Arts, you don't have one of the top Entrepreneur programs in the country. You're an Ag School....that's all you have to remember. :lol:

You and the rest of the Chapman cronies are the only ones that talk about UND's poor leadership.

This isn't true, he's rubbed plenty of alumni the wrong way. I agree with the rest of your post regarding the NDUS and any percieved funding "inequities".

Is that the same lap dog that recommended Kelly? Don't blame your poor leadership on others. The round table is a flawed idea. It assumes that all instutitions will be treated fairly. I'm glad Chapman keeps pointing out the inequities in the system. If the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure you would too. So you love Harmeson - he did a good job with the athletic dept. didn't he?

Yes, it's true Paulsen recommended Kelly. He also recommended every other candidate so that the board he ran could make the final decision. He also behaved so unprofessionally throughout the process that the committee only passed on Kelly to the state board because they had zero faith that Paulsen could make an unbiased decision.

This isn't true, he's rubbed plenty of alumni the wrong way.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -- William Henry "Bill" Cosby, Jr., Ph.D.

Yes, it's true Paulsen recommended Kelly. He also recommended every other candidate so that the board he ran could make the final decision.

The fact. The context. The agenda. See ya later JQP. I'd love to say I'll miss you on the ND SBoHE but ...

Finally.

The state of North Dakota has two great leaders running the two most important institutions in the state by far: NDSU and UND.

We've got two great Wyoming guys who are guaranteed to work together on the academic, research and athletic fronts.

This is the best possibile situation for the state and the future university students of the state.

The best possible outcome, IMO:

1) Chapman and Kelley work together to get the NDSU-UND football game back

2) They work together to get UND into the Gateway and Summit

3) They work together to solidify several cooperative research products, pooling both school's resources in order to be competitive for grants at a national level with peers like U of M.

4) They work together to either close some of the states small universities or turn them into junior colleges.

Those are my top 4. Anyone else?

You and the rest of the Chapman cronies are the only ones that talk about UND's poor leadership. People in the know like Potts, Dunn and the NDUS presidents didn't have that opinion. They only talk about Chapman being the problem. You must know more than all these people and most of the state legislators. :silly: The only inequities are that made up in your mind. If you think NDSU should be on par with UND, you're more delusional than I first suspected. That would be like Moorhead Tech College thinking they should be on par with the UofM. You've got to remember, you don't have a School of Medicine, you don't have a School of Law, you don't have the top Aviation program in the country, you don't have a good Business School, you don't have the Liberal Arts, you don't have one of the top Entrepreneur programs in the country. You're an Ag School....that's all you have to remember. :lol:

You think I'm delusional. How do you explain your drop in enrollment the last few years. Great leadership? - maybe it's the programs that just don't measure up. Your way behind in research dollars and don't have a real technology park that works with private business. Look for a big drop in the aviation enrollment with the state of the airline industry and cost of fuel this fall. You must have missed our last engineering win (4 total) the national build the strongest bridge competition. No other school has ever won more than 1 title. The finals last year had Cal Tech, Cal Davis, Michigan, and other TOP engineering schools. This competition is against ALL schools and not the 5 or 6 schools that offer an aviation program. Yes we're a AG school too and proud of it.

That's odd, I've heard of the Nyquist-Shannon Sampling Theorem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist%E2%80...ampling_theorem

the one named for super genius Claude Shannon. The one who did the actual work. The one whose genius in information theory is still not understood fully.

The Nyquist guy was a tag along. And he only did his undergrad at UND.

Yale was where he dedicated himself to info. theory. Bell Labs was where he did his work.

You think I'm delusional. How do you explain your drop in enrollment the last few years. Great leadership? - maybe it's the programs that just don't measure up. Your way behind in research dollars and don't have a real technology park that works with private business. Look for a big drop in the aviation enrollment with the state of the airline industry and cost of fuel this fall. You must have missed our last engineering win (4 total) the national build the strongest bridge competition. No other school has ever won more than 1 title. The finals last year had Cal Tech, Cal Davis, Michigan, and other TOP engineering schools. This competition is against ALL schools and not the 5 or 6 schools that offer an aviation program. Yes we're a AG school too and proud of it.

enrollment is still higher than NDSU

When's the last time one of your engineering graduates:

- Was in space?

- Had a fundamental theorem of digital sampling named for them?

So now, as they say, "build a bridge". :silly:

That was a great honor for her - she did a good job. But I'll take the head to head competition of engineering schools as a better test as to the quality of a department than one individual effort.

That was a great honor for her - she did a good job. But I'll take the head to head competition of engineering schools as a better test as to the quality of a department than one individual effort.

Do you mean head to head competitions such as these in 2007 and 2008?

Senior Electrical Engineering students within the University of North Dakota School of Engineering and Mines swept the top three places in the annual Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Red River Valley (RRV) Section Presentation Contest, held on Thursday, April 26, in Grand Forks.

Senior Electrical Engineering students within the University of North Dakota School of Engineering and Mines won first and second place in the annual Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Red River Valley (RRV) Section Presentation Contest, held on Thursday, April 24th, in Fargo.

That's odd, I've heard of the Nyquist-Shannon Sampling Theorem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist%E2%80...ampling_theorem

the one named for super genius Claude Shannon. The one who did the actual work. The one whose genius in information theory is still not understood fully.

The Nyquist guy was a tag along. And he only did his undergrad at UND.

Yale was where he dedicated himself to info. theory. Bell Labs was where he did his work.

Now you're an expert on advanced sampling theory too?

The debate is out on Nyquist versus Shannon and sampling frequency. Nyquist set the foundation; Shannon built up; that's why both names are used.

But Johnson-Nyquist noise ... Johnson found it, Harry Nyquist explained the phenomena.

And then there's the whole "Nyquist stability criteria" thing in the area of control systems and a few other things that set the groundwork for all of today's technology digital and high-speed communications technologies.

Herein lies the problem with getting the two back together on the playing field or anywhere for that matter. Problem is you really believe the crap you type.