SiouxSports.com Forum

Kelley, Chapman get together

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Herein lies the problem with getting the two back together on the playing field or anywhere for that matter. Problem is you really believe the crap you type.

Honestly,

Who gives a crap what Fargo does...They proved they can do it without us and we'll do the same...Not so bad to have the two schools playing in different conferences is it? Its not like you guys are going to have a hockey team that would make it into the WCHA?? I don't get all this crap about we gotta play each other for the betterment of the state and we haven't played you guys for 4 years - who cares???

BobIwabuchiFan

PS Name someone who even has been recognized as a leader in their engineering field from NDSU? Having troubles? So am I!!

Now you're an expert on advanced sampling theory too?

Advanced?

Saying that your sampling frequency should be at least twice as fast as your signal bandwidth so that the sampling induced harmonics of the signal won't overlap with the signal in the frequency domain is advanced?

It's a concept that 6th graders would grasp.

The debate is out on Nyquist versus Shannon and sampling frequency. Nyquist set the foundation; Shannon built up; that's why both names are used.

Shannon is the unquestioned father of information theory. Nyquist is just a guy, in comparison.

But Johnson-Nyquist noise ... Johnson found it, Harry Nyquist explained the phenomena.

Good for him.

Sounds like the research of a good physicist, which is exactly what Nyquist was.

He was not an engineer. He didn't design anything.

He was a scientist. He did theories.

And then there's the whole "Nyquist stability criteria" thing in the area of control systems and a few other things that set the groundwork for all of today's technology digital and high-speed communications technologies.

You've got to be kidding me.

Nyquist stability criteria and Nyquist plots are World War II era techniques.

State Space techniques have been standard in modern control systems ever since the US figured out that was what the Russians were using to launch rockets into space while our rockets crashed.

Good for him.

Sounds like the research of a good physicist, which is exactly what Nyquist was.

He was not an engineer. He didn't design anything.

He was a scientist. He did theories.

If only that Einstein guy had been an engineer, maybe then he would have amounted to something.

Honestly,

Who gives a crap what Fargo does...They proved they can do it without us and we'll do the same...Not so bad to have the two schools playing in different conferences is it? Its not like you guys are going to have a hockey team that would make it into the WCHA?? I don't get all this crap about we gotta play each other for the betterment of the state and we haven't played you guys for 4 years - who cares???

BobIwabuchiFan

PS Name someone who even has been recognized as a leader in their engineering field from NDSU? Having troubles? So am I!!

100% agreed!!!!

If only that Einstein guy had been an engineer, maybe then he would have amounted to something.

I didn't say scientists are worthless.

Scientists create and verify the theory and then engineers take that theory and apply it.

Both are needed.

It just so happens that the market rewards applications much more highly than theories.

Herein lies the problem with getting the two back together on the playing field or anywhere for that matter. Problem is you really believe the crap you type.

So the series can't be resumed because Sioux fans point out deficiencies in the Ag college's academic programs. I guess this explains why some of those programs are so piss-poor.

So the series can't be resumed because Sioux fans point out deficiencies in the Ag college's academic programs. I guess this explains why some of those programs are so piss-poor.

deficiencies are all in your small mind. Why the decline in enrollment if your programs are so great? Look for a big drop this fall.

Don't worry they will come up with some goofy concocted numbers using million man march math to keep any alleged advantage

But I thought enrollment wasn't indicative of quality of education? Hasn't that been the mantra of NDSU for decades? You finally convince me, and then you start putting out a different vibe. What gives? ;)