SiouxSports.com Forum

Thanks Osh!

WiSioux

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are underestimating the scoring potential of next year's Sioux team.

:)

assuming Duncan and Kozek are gone who are we going to get it from? unproven freshman? take the leading scorers who should be back:VV-totals last year were based lot on playing with Oshie and Duncan, Watkins has never been a scorer, Frattin was underachieving last year as he couldn't find the back of the net if the goalie was gone, Miller-come on, Martens-Come on, Trupp-maybe? we'll be lucky to average 2 goals a game. If the Sioux have to rely on freshman carrying them we're in trouble.

Thanks for 3 years, OSH. What can I say about you that others haven't already said. You have ability, you have heart, and you made us proud to be Sioux fans. You are part of the reason of why it is so easy to cheer for the Sioux even after a loss to BC for the third year in a row. Have fun, Play Hard, Stay out of Trouble (or I will make good on my idea to get you a leash), and NEVER forget that you are always part of the Fighting Sioux Family and NEVER forget your roots.

Best of luck, but I think you should put something in your contract that sends you to the Blackhawks after the pre-season camp is over! Wish you would be a Hawk, but I guess that's just not going to happen, at least right away.

I hear ya, I think the Hawks sign Duncan, then trade Lang, Havlat, and anyone else who sucks for Oshie and bring back the DOT line. Goon and redwing again just let me dream.

assuming Duncan and Kozek are gone who are we going to get it from? unproven freshman? take the leading scorers who should be back:VV-totals last year were based lot on playing with Oshie and Duncan, Watkins has never been a scorer, Frattin was underachieving last year as he couldn't find the back of the net if the goalie was gone, Miller-come on, Martens-Come on, Trupp-maybe? we'll be lucky to average 2 goals a game. If the Sioux have to rely on freshman carrying them we're in trouble.

I would guess that at least one of the Duncan/Kozek duo stays, maybe both...who knows.

Aside from PP time, VV only played with Oshie and Duncan for a few weekends near the beginning of the season, so saying that his points were based off of playing with them is a bit of a reach.

Trupp and VV are poised to have huge break-out seasons. Genoway and Watkins will step it up a notch. Not to mention that Gregoire, Toews, and Hextall will all contribute immediately. Plus, we have our secret weapon returning in Forney. :)

"Lucky to average 2 goals a game." Now there is some doom-and-gloom thinking for you. :D

I'm sad but Happy for Oshie - Like I have said many times - It was pleasure to watch him play

I hope that strength coach gets that bladder thing under control :):D

We have had lots of great players - But TJ was special & every kid in the region knows who he is & wants to grow up to be like him :love:

I would guess that at least one of the Duncan/Kozek duo stays, maybe both...who knows.

I think both will be four year men. I'm hoping Chorney's dad has a big influence on whether he stays or goes. If he does, then Taylor may also be a four year man!

Aside from PP time, VV only played with Oshie and Duncan for a few weekends near the beginning of the season, so saying that his points were based off of playing with them is a bit of a reach.

Trupp and VV are poised to have huge break-out seasons. Genoway and Watkins will step it up a notch. Not to mention that Gregoire, Toews, and Hextall will all contribute immediately. Plus, we have our secret weapon returning in Forney. :)

"Lucky to average 2 goals a game." Now there is some doom-and-gloom thinking for you. :D

my doom and gloom attitude at this moment comes from the fact as a team they scored 129 goals and if duncan, kozek, finley and chorney are gone as well only 57 goals come back. my point is unless we have some returners have monstrous years it is going to be a very tough year as we can't expect to be carried by freshman and if we do we're in trouble.

Gee, didn't the naysayers say the same thing about unproven freshmen like Oshie, Toews, and others three years ago?

Gee, didn't the naysayers say the same thing about unproven freshmen like Oshie, Toews, and others three years ago?

that's a road we shouldn't go down as none of these kids are first round picks. that team 3 years ago had 6 first round picks in stafford, zajac, toews, oshie, finley and lee. this squad wil not have any first round picks. maybe one or two of these kids will come in and score 20 goals maybe they will all score 4 goals. we just don't know. none of these kids has a proven track record at the collegiate level. that is why I am saying we can't base our hopes for success on freshman you don't kno what you are going to get. we've had kids who light up the canadian junior leagues with the likes of 70 goals and struggle to hit 15-20 goals in a season here(Wes Dorey).

No matter what, and despite knowing it was going to happen, I still wasn't ready to see it officially in print. At least T.J. let us get used to the idea before he left (remember when Zach Parise left so abruptly?).

I'm glad we get to watch T.J. with the Blues. It makes it a little more bearable. BUT, it still stinks. T.J. looks really happy signing on the dotted line, though. I guess that's what counts. Good luck, T.J. Give them all a run for their money!!

that's a road we shouldn't go down as none of these kids are first round picks. that team 3 years ago had 6 first round picks in stafford, zajac, toews, oshie, finley and lee. this squad wil not have any first round picks. maybe one or two of these kids will come in and score 20 goals maybe they will all score 4 goals. we just don't know. none of these kids has a proven track record at the collegiate level. that is why I am saying we can't base our hopes for success on freshman you don't kno what you are going to get. we've had kids who light up the canadian junior leagues with the likes of 70 goals and struggle to hit 15-20 goals in a season here(Wes Dorey).

Oshie didn't score 20 goals.