SiouxSports.com Forum

One more thing to bash while we are at it...

Big A HG

[rant]

So many Sioux fans make being a Sioux fan a joke. To see everyone just ripping apart a few people for not winning a hockey game is unbelievable. Do some of you honestly believe that these guys aren't trying to win or something? It's an embarrassment to see and hear what's all being said. When you lose 6-1, it's a team thing, not something caused by a few individuals.

So many of you are on and off the bandwagon all year, every year, and need to just stay off. If they are so horrible, don't even waste your time cheering for them if you are just going to rip them the next day. Many of you are spoiled crybabies...spoiled being the key word.

So many teams wish they could even sniff a chance at a game like this. 55 other teams dreamed they even had an oppurtunity to lose 6-1 just so they could have that chance at winning. Some teams will NEVER make it this far. Us..? We take it for granted that we'll be here, and some appreciate it, and some abuse it.

Hakstol is a great coach. Finley is a great defenseman. Lamoureux is a great goaltender. Almost every team wishes they could have our facilities, our coaching, and many of our players. Hell, even the NHL wishes they had some of our players.

Next year, when we are at it again with a fresh new team and a clean slate, I hope many of you are not a part of it, because it is a complete joke that some of you call yourself "fans."

If there is anything to bash, it's you.

[/rant]

PS: Go Notre Dame!

[rant]

So many Sioux fans make being a Sioux fan a joke. To see everyone just ripping apart a few people for not winning a hockey game is unbelievable. Do some of you honestly believe that these guys aren't trying to win or something? It's an embarrassment to see and hear what's all being said. When you lose 6-1, it's a team thing, not something caused by a few individuals.

So many of you are on and off the bandwagon all year, every year, and need to just stay off. If they are so horrible, don't even waste your time cheering for them if you are just going to rip them the next day. Many of you are spoiled crybabies...spoiled being the key word.

So many teams wish they could even sniff a chance at a game like this. 55 other teams dreamed they even had an oppurtunity to lose 6-1 just so they could have that chance at winning. Some teams will NEVER make it this far. Us..? We take it for granted that we'll be here, and some appreciate it, and some abuse it.

Hakstol is a great coach. Finley is a great defenseman. Lamoureux is a great goaltender. Almost every team wishes they could have our facilities, our coaching, and many of our players. Hell, even the NHL wishes they had some of our players.

Next year, when we are at it again with a fresh new team and a clean slate, I hope many of you are not a part of it, because it is a complete joke that some of you call yourself "fans."

[/rant]

Great post. This program could really do without the bandwagon fans. You may be dissapointed with the game, but the actions of some on this board are upsetting.

I actually think it is pretty natural for fans that invest in a team to react the way many of us do here after a frustrating loss when you know your team is capable of so much more. I don't think "grieving" with fellow fans is a bad thing. We all care about our team and invest time and effort into supporting them throughout each and every year. I live in the Chicago area and still do whatever I can to watch every game each year. Why does sharing frustration amongst fans, and possibly players if they read this forum, have to be a bad thing and somehow mean that a person is a bandwagon fan? I am pretty sure that most of the people reading this forum will be back next year, and even between now and then, supporting the team and talking about next season and what is going on with former players in the NHL and the players that leave early, etc....

Let us lay down on the couch, talk, and get over this loss! It was a tough one for us all, players and fans alike! We are like family here! :D

I actually think it is pretty natural for fans that invest in a team to react the way many of us do here after a frustrating loss when you know your team is capable of so much more. I don't think "grieving" with fellow fans is a bad thing. We all care about our team and invest time and effort into supporting them throughout each and every year. I live in the Chicago area and still do whatever I can to watch every game each year. Why does sharing frustration amongst fans, and possibly players if they read this forum, have to be a bad thing and somehow mean that a person is a bandwagon fan? I am pretty sure that most of the people reading this forum will be back next year, and even between now and then, supporting the team and talking about next season and what is going on with former players in the NHL and the players that leave early, etc....

Let us lay down on the couch, talk, and get over this loss! It was a tough one for us all, players and fans alike! We are like family here! :D

Some people get a little too involved. In the end it is only a game. Although my recurring nightmare become expanded last night. I see these images over and over.

20060329CollinChris.jpg

gerbe.jpg

sioux8.jpg

That's all fine and good. Talk about the loss, reasons for it, ect. But, starting threads like "we need a coaching change," and "official Finley bashing threads" is nothing more than a bunch of ignorant, un-called for bull$%!#. I'm disappointed in Jim and the moderating team for letting it go on as long as it has. However, I'm not suprised cause that's the way they do stuff around here. When was the last time anyone saw a "fire Lucia" thread over on gpl. Gopher fans may be arrogant pricks, but after reading much of the crap on here today, most of our fans have no room to talk.

I'm disappointed in Jim and the moderating team for letting it go on as long as it has.

In defense of Jim and the moderating team, perhaps they don't have time to play board police today. My guess is when they're online, several of these threads will be immediately closed.

That's all fine and good. Talk about the loss, reasons for it, ect. But, starting threads like "we need a coaching change," and "official Finley bashing threads" is nothing more than a bunch of ignorant, un-called for bull$%!#. I'm disappointed in Jim and the moderating team for letting it go on as long as it has. However, I'm not suprised cause that's the way they do stuff around here. When was the last time anyone saw a "fire Lucia" thread over on gpl. Gopher fans may be arrogant pricks, but after reading much of the crap on here today, most of our fans have no room to talk.

I agree to most of the sentiment here. What I would hope the loss to BC would do is to make some of the Sioux fans a little more humble. I realize that it is fun to needle your rival, but to the extent that some people do it and the cocky nature is uncalled for unless provoked. I think what this exhibits is that it isn't easy to win a National Championship, especially if you have an off game anywhere along the line. I know a lot of it is a false sense of security in your team, but I could never be as sure as some people are that the Sioux would win #8. My suggestion is to remember how this feels and don't feel the need to rub it in on others when they are at their lowest. I know that civility goes both ways, but it would be nice not to have to pay for the way other fans act.

[rant]

[/rant]

As a rival fan, I want to be respectful coming on to this site after a tough loss and really just observe. However, I feel the above deserves some comment in regard to the main point of there being too many critical Sioux fans who are a supposed joke. I think it is unfair to characterize Sioux fans (or any teams fans for that matter) in this way. This is a forum that allows Sioux fans, as well as College Hockey fans, an avenue to express their opinions. Not everyone is going to have the ducks and bunnies attitude displayed above and thankfully the creator and moderators of this forum allow a wide range of discussion to go on.

The reality is that after a game where your favorite teams gets pounded (and it doesn't happen very often to UND) the responses are going to be all over the placee. Let them happen and if you don't agree with whats being said you can comment an opposing view or better yet ignore them. For many who vent in ways that appear to be over the top, they do so out of a need to deal with their frustration. Most all of them figure out a more moderated positon with time.

In defense of Jim and the moderating team, perhaps they don't have time to play board police today. My guess is when they're online, several of these threads will be immediately closed.

Moderating is not fun after a tough loss, it seems potential "leapers" now head directly to a message board. :)

Anyway, fine season for your boys with a tough ending. Losing is never fun.....is it October yet so we can set ourselves up for more? :)

Moderating is not fun after a tough loss, it seems potential "leapers" now head directly to a message board. :)

Anyway, fine season for your boys with a tough ending. Losing is never fun.....is it October yet so we can set ourselves up for more? :)

Gopher fans are popping out of their holes today. The fear of the Sioux winning #8 has subsided. :)

With all due respect MM, it's part of running a message board, like I said, if it was me, they'd be all over it. It's a double standard, and it's jim's responsibilty to fix.

Gopher fans I haven't heard from in weeks are suddenly e-mailing, IMing, and texting me. Ugh...

Yeah me too, it must be because it is spring and the Rodents are waking up from their winter slumber. :)

Thank you Big A HG, this really needed to be said.. In my years of college I have developed a passion the gets bigger and bigger every year for our hockey program.. Despite being very intoxicated, sad, mad, depressed.. etc I never spoke of our team like they let down the world like many people have.. True fans stick with their team thoughout every struggle..

[rant]

[/rant]

great post...i would like it if more people looked more realistically at these things. hopefully egfHOSEHOUND will read this and maybe not be such a moron.

Thank you for this post. The only thing more embarrassing than our 6-1 loss was the reaction/comments from some Sioux fans. This is my first Frozen Four since it was in Grand Forks. And I paid for my two boys to come with. We also traveled with them to Madison. Thank you Sioux players for everrything you have given to the Sioux program and the Sioux fans in excitement and emotions! Although I would have never expected yesterday's result, there are no gimmies in sports. I totally oppose individual bashing, to me that is destructive and not constructive to the individual or the progarm. Let the coaches make those calls privately if they feel its needed. I'm sorry you don't qualify as a "Sioux Fan" in my book when you bash individuals. Anyone can sing praises when things are going well, it is when times are tough that determines if you are a true fan!

Couldn't agree more!! Nicely stated.

BD

Nice :)

BD

I just think a lot of people are highly frustrated. I mean come on to be down 4-0 at the end of the 1st period...who would not be frustrated. A lot of people paid a lot of money to make the trip to Denver...and although I know nothing is guaranteed in sports as much as I hate to say it....that was a pathetic effort. Will I be back and ready for next October...you better believe it. I just don't understand because BC has beat us using the same MO the last three years...apparently we do not have the personnel to do anything about it.

It seems like discussing a coaching change given the unexpectedly poor performance of the Sioux in the last game and in recent NCAA final four games is at least an appropriate topic given the forum, whereas calling the other posters on this board ignorant and bull$%!# is a violation of forum rules. UND put up a poor performance and was poorly prepared for their semifinal game, and I don't see how pretending that all's well and good serves any fan's purpose - even those fans who don green-colored glasses so they can pretend to be somehow better than those who wish to discuss current topics and issues.

John

It seems like discussing a coaching change given the unexpectedly poor performance of the Sioux in the last game and in recent NCAA final four games is at least an appropriate topic given the forum, whereas calling the other posters on this board ignorant and bull$%!# is a violation of forum rules. UND put up a poor performance and was poorly prepared for their semifinal game, and I don't see how pretending that all's well and good serves any fan's purpose - even those fans who don green-colored glasses so they can pretend to be somehow better than those who are truly watching what's going on.

John

I can say that I am about as loyal of a Sioux fan as many...maybe not all....of the people on this board. I have spent thousands of dollars watching and travelling to many home and away destinations while following the Sioux. I have never been more embarrased watching a Sioux team.

I can say that I am about as loyal of a Sioux fan as many...maybe not all....of the people on this board. I have spent thousands of dollars watching and travelling to many home and away destinations while following the Sioux. I have never been more embarrased watching a Sioux team.

I agree. That was bad.