SiouxSports.com Forum

Fan Bus to Denver

YaneA

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From past experience I can tell you that tickets are not a problem. I went without tickets in hand last year and had no problem picking them up on my way into the Scottrade Center. For those of you who don't have tickets, just get on the bus, you will find them easily enough.

From past experience I can tell you that tickets are not a problem. I went without tickets in hand last year and had no problem picking them up on my way into the Scottrade Center. For those of you who don't have tickets, just get on the bus, you will find them easily enough.

exactly

Get on the bus!! Seats won't last long and just riding down there with all the alcohol you need is more than enough reason to go. I am 99% sure (as are many others) that you will be able to get tickets on your way in. If worst comes to worst, you can still watch the game at the local Sioux hangout on ESPN and then enjoy all the post game celebrations.

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!

Get on the bus!! Seats won't last long and just riding down there with all the alcohol you need is more than enough reason to go. I am 99% sure (as are many others) that you will be able to get tickets on your way in. If worst comes to worst, you can still watch the game at the local Sioux hangout on ESPN and then enjoy all the post game celebrations.

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!

nobody will have to watch from a sports bar. any event anywhere there are many tickets available. there just is...........get on the damn bus people :lol:

My husband and I are on Al's bus also. We didn't find out that tickets weren't included until this afternoon when a coworker of my husband's called him. When would we have found out? We are also desperately trying to find tickets...Can we trust Ebay? Any hints for us? We would like them in hand also before we go to Denver and don't get in.

This is our first Frozen Four...We aren't too happy with what's taken place. Guess charter airline people have been in the same boat. Not enough tickets that they needed.

Where do they sell tickets at Frozen Fours? In front of the arena? When? Thanks for any help the readers can give. Go Sioux!

My husband and I are on Al's bus also. We didn't find out that tickets weren't included until this afternoon when a coworker of my husband's called him. When would we have found out? We are also desperately trying to find tickets...Can we trust Ebay? Any hints for us? We would like them in hand also before we go to Denver and don't get in.

This is our first Frozen Four...We aren't too happy with what's taken place. Guess charter airline people have been in the same boat. Not enough tickets that they needed.

Where do they sell tickets at Frozen Fours? In front of the arena? When? Thanks for any help the readers can give. Go Sioux!

all the people on the airline charter have tickets.

Last year I went to St. Louis and bought my tickets on Ebay. I have bought a lot of things on that site and have always been happy. When I got to St.Louis there were a lot of tickets for sale and I from what I remember there were empty seats in the arena during the games. If I had the time off from work I would take the bus and trust that tickets will be there when you get to Denver. Or I would be trying the ebay route. I'm guessing there are a lot of CC and Denver fans still trying to get rid of their tickets. Keep checking this site and also look on uscho site. Good luck but I wouldn't worry. Have fun and cheer loud for us that can't go.

This is our 4th Frozen Four in a row. While we always got our tickets through the lottery we did notice that...

In Columbus people were selling tickets just before the championship game for $5 each. The closer you got to the door, the cheaper the tickets were.

In Milwaukee we did not see alot of tickets being sold outside the arena but were asked if we would sell ours to the championship game by a family of four. We didn't go to the arena very early so that might have been the reason we didn't see sellers.

In St. Louis there were people all over trying to get rid of tickets. One or two on each street corner around the arena. I think I saw a sign that they were asking $12 each game.

I know it would feel good to have the tickets in hand before you left, but I really don't think it will be a problem getting tickets. I wouldn't pay anything over cost (except for shipping). Especially without Denver or CC there. How many Denver folks were in Madison last weekend? I think that shows the interest, or lack of, they have. So tickets will be there. Those that are being sold for $500 + are just trying to make up for the ones they are going to dump outside the doors. Don't worry about sections. Just get in.

Like I said, the only full championship game we have been to was the one in Milwaukee.. right in Wisconsin with W in it.. winning it. That's the only reason it was full; that and the fact that Wisconsin fans are more faithful than Devner or CC fans, IMHO.

the airline charter package includes the flight, tickets, hotel and ground transportation (aka the hotel shuttle :lol: ). since they already took our money, i sure hope they honor what we payed for. i am pretty sure all charter people have tickets.

Yes. Charter includes, transportation, hotel and tickets.

If anyone is still looking for rooms downtown, I just got a room at the Grand Hyatt for $120 through Priceline.

I had looked for a 3-star hotel last night and went as high as $110 but then was locked out for 24 hours. I tried again tonight, selecting 3-star and bid at $120 and the offer went through. This is a very nice 4-star hotel, 1 block off of the 16th street mall and just a short and free bus ride to the end of the mall where you can walk to the Pepsi Center. Last spring I was at the regional and stayed at the Holiday Inn, which is now a Crowne Plaza, that's about 3 blocks further away from the Pepsi Center and using the bus down 16th worked extremely well. Didn't need a rental car.

Thanks to Bob in Wisconsin for clueing us in on the Priceline trick. I had never used it until last weekend to get a room for Madison. That worked extremely well as we got the Madison Concourse for $58 and walked to the arena. Turns out the team was there too. It worked so well I was anxious to try it again.

Sparky

For all of you on Al's bus we will be staying at the Quality Inn Central. It is about 2.5 miles north of the Pepsi Center. Price will be $72 per night. All rooms are two double beds. Free continental breakfast is included. Hotel has a nice bar and restaurant and also a bar across the street and a Village Inn next door. The hotel provides a free shuttle that will take you and pick you up from downtown (including the Pepsi Center) 24 hours a day. We have secured a block of 70 rooms and the members on the bus will take about 40 of them so there are extra rooms available if you have friends that are driving or flying in. This hotel has 210 rooms so we will make it Sioux headquarters for the weekend! We will update you tomorrow on how to secure your room. We have them on hold until Monday afternoon.

For all of you on Al's bus we will be staying at the Quality Inn Central. It is about 2.5 miles north of the Pepsi Center. Price will be $72 per night. All rooms are two double beds. Free continental breakfast is included. Hotel has a nice bar and restaurant and also a bar across the street and a Village Inn next door. The hotel provides a free shuttle that will take you and pick you up from downtown (including the Pepsi Center) 24 hours a day. We have secured a block of 70 rooms and the members on the bus will take about 40 of them so there are extra rooms available if you have friends that are driving or flying in. This hotel has 210 rooms so we will make it Sioux headquarters for the weekend! We will update you tomorrow on how to secure your room. We have them on hold until Monday afternoon.

WOO!!! That's where we're staying!!