SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BADGERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know... our PK just wasn't very good last night... in fact, not much was good at all in the second period last night.

The pass that led to McBain's goal was such a long pass that I felt that if we had been in our usual PK ability (what we've seen all year long) we've been able to at least disrupt the pass. UW tried to do the same thing later on in the game but with Gruehning (or something like that) taking the shot not McBain and we got a stick on the pass.

Radke's first penalty, I'll agree was stupid on Radke's part, though. But I wouldn't bench him.

At the Pepsi Center, though, we may see LaPoint in Marto's stead. Wouldn't be surprised if Marto played though. He wasn't very remarkable against UW or Princeton, but he has played and LaPoint has not.

We'll see what Hak does. If he plays LaPoint, Hak made the right move. If Hak plays Marto, he made the right move. IMBiasedO, either way is a good move.

Radke was benched in the 3rd period, along with Malone and Martens. He also put Kozek with Oshie and Duncan in the third period.

It guess it was the right move.

The two goal lead is the most precarious in all of hockey; it's really hard to hold onto. I said that to the Sioux fan next to me between the 2d and 3rd periods. And the boys proved me right. What a great fan experience this was! Our section (106) was almost solid Sioux fans and the GWG was scored in the net in our corner of the rink. We went nuts! Hugs, high fives, screams, jumping up and down. Hakstol then slid across the ice and saluted US, the fans.

We were loud almost the entire game, though we had to pick our spots so we weren't drowned out by the Go Red crowd. I thought we'd get our heads handed to us when we started chanting "Let's Go, Sioux!" during the Wisconsin crowd's rendition of "Varsity."

Wisconsin was Kohl'd but North Dakota is Frozen. Let's go get number 8!!

If Trupp is good to go in the F4, that is huge for us. He definitely brings scoring depth to this team. He also brings crazy energy. He is one of those guys you can count on to go get a big goal.

Hak said that Trupp will play next week on a radio interview this morning.

I have been against the extra week between the regionals and the Frozen Four. This year I am all for it. Sure its sucks for the fans and can have adverse effects on teams that are riding some momentum, but this year it will help us heal some of the bumps and bruises our team is dealing with.

Sure it has been mentioned before, but has anyone else noticed the extra padding under Osh's breezers that protects his hip. This extra few days should help him get back to 100%.

A year of trials on the ice

Nov 10 at the Kohl Center is a date that will live on in history for many Crease Creatures, as the Fighting Sioux of North Dakota earned their nickname. After losing 4-0 in the series opener Friday, North Dakota came out Saturday with a personal vendetta.

The result was 172 penalty minutes between the teams, with the climax coming late in the third period, when 10 players

That's a really poorly written, poorly researched article. My daughter edits a high school paper that does better fact checking.

NOBODY was ejected on November 10. Good grief. Its not that hard, people. Google is a wonderful thing.

http://collegehockeystats.net/0708/boxes/mndkwis1.n10

No doubt:

Nov 10 at the Kohl Center is a date that will live on in history for many Crease Creatures, as the Fighting Sioux of North Dakota earned their nickname. After losing 4-0 in the series opener Friday, North Dakota came out Saturday with a personal vendetta.

The result was 172 penalty minutes between the teams, with the climax coming late in the third period, when 10 players