SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BADGERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn that was fun to watch (at least the third period on)

the best players played their best. oshie and duncan and kaip led this team through this regional! jpl is the best goalie in the country and showed it!

bc, mich and the "other" nd better be scared that hobey duncan has found his shot again.

thank parise kozek is back where he belongs.

just win baby, see you in denver, hope to meet some of you there

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn that was fun to watch (at least the third period on)

the best players played their best. oshie and duncan and kaip led this team through this regional! jpl is the best goalie in the country and showed it!

bc, mich and the "other" nd better be scared that hobey duncan has found his shot again.

thank parise kozek is back where he belongs.

just win baby, see you in denver, hope to meet some of you there

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard it a couple of times, but what is the deal with Parise? Did he work with Kozek oh his shot?

Unbelievable 3rd period and OT. I know a knock on Hakstol's teams over the past four years was that record when going into the 3rd period whent he team was behind. Great hustle, great grit, and great heart tonight, boys.

Special thanks to Sioux-cia for driving up from Mankato and joining MafiaMan Jr and me at Joe Senser's in Bloomington.

Now I need to figure out how to get to Denver...

right on!!!

wow what a game. i gave up way too early. glad I continued to watch though.....holy moly

Actually, the second UW goal was a gift to me in retrospect. After it, I thought game over, season done. So I stopped caring. So I sat back and hoped to break the shutout and make Connelly's life miserable for the remaining period of the Sioux's season. We got back into it and I got re-emotionally attached.

Simply awesome game to watch, but ah more bars need dish/direct tv and as cool as it was having so many people out to watch the game, it sucked having to wait for the bathroom, beer, standing... oh well though i guess awesome to be back in the F4 again

I think the key was that 1 minute into the 3rd period I put my white Sioux jersey on.

I was pretty angry about the effort through 40 minutes. That's not the way to play. That's not the way to end the season. We were better than that, but it took 40:01 to get things in motion. I just refused to believe we weren't better than Wisconsin.

By the time the puck dropped in OT, I could have accepted either outcome, because the guys played with pride and heart the last 20 minutes (and the 2 minutes of OT). You can't control the bounces of the puck, but you can control your effort and how hard you go after it.

=========================================

As to game analysis, one thing that's impossible to see on TV (or radio!) is lines. Sounded like (looked like) Eaves was burning his top guys, while we rolled 4 lines, more or less, through 2 periods. Their best guys took some long LONG shifts, and paid for it late in the game. Our guys definitely were quicker in the last period.

WOW - what a game! I was a bit concerned after goal #2 went in for Wisco! So much so, that I had to change my shirt. . . my whole family is extremely superstitious, as weird as it may be. Anyway, props to the Sioux players and coaches! This team has a mission and they showed that tonight (they just don't need to do it in the fashion that they did it tonight. . .my heart cannot take that again!) It's great to be a Sioux fan! 9 days until Denver!!!!! (We will be there with 20+ Sioux fans!!)

Did anyone catch the announcers say the officials stopped the game twice because someone was throwing money on the rink??? Unbelieveable!!

I did...

Who DOES that?

I am guessing that it didn't happen Saturday night, or Gwoz would have had a coronary.

Tap the Rockies, cause the boys are going to Denver.

Got two important weeks to relax, rest, and get ready. Not to be a spoiler but a certain goaltender has been keeping are season alive.

Also, I think every business in this town now has a reason to go to DirectTV, man I have never seen such a scramble to find a place in town for the game, and I would hate to be an owner with all the lost revenue from an evening like tonight just because you have Midco.

Lastly, most active users at 6:19 tonight, 399, alot of people must have not gotten a place to watch the game.

Way to JPL....the man kept us in it throught the first and second period and allowed the big boys to come through.

Unbelievable come back in a very hostile environment....

Just need to get tix....and on my way to the frozen 4.

WAY TO GO SIOUX!

Did anyone catch the announcers say the officials stopped the game twice because someone was throwing money on the rink??? Unbelieveable!!

You could hear them warn the crowd on tv due to coins being thrown on the ice. They were told at least once that they home team would be assessed a penalty if it continued.