SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BADGERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched every game yesterday. PC, TV...I had them all going. My takeaway is that there are no cupcakes. These teams are good.

First things first, beat Wisconsin. They are going to play tough. We need to establish a physical presence from the drop of the puck and get that first goal to take the Kohl center crowd out of it. They are going to try and frustrate, and they are going to trap and clutch and grab and try and force turnovers. Denver got beat because Denver tried to beat Wisconsin at their own game. Ever since Trotter left, Denver did a Wisconsin impression with the trap and slow down play.

We are definitely more skilled upfront, and the top end guys need to prove it again. The four pass tic tac toe play that the OSH, Duncs and Miller did in the third that just missed might've had one pass too many, but man was it a play.

9 hours to game time!

I agree... Sioux need to skate hard and get UW to take penalties. I think our PP looks tough right now and i think that's going to be the key tonight.

Watching this DU/Wisconsin game, the boys need to go upstairs on Connelly. We also need to get traffic down low. Vande needs to do what he does best, which is wreak havoc down low. DU had a number of chances early and hit pipes. We need to make those shots count. Just like yesterday. I'll gladly get outshot two to one if ours are great looks that we finish on.

Wisconsin appears to love to try and force turnovers on that point to point pass. No mistakes back there Joe, Robbie, taylor, Zach, Jake and Chay.

How many of you think that Mark Chorney is pumped for this game??!

I got the feed from ESPNU to work using Sopcast. I used Red Frog's original directions from the NCAA Tourney Scores forum (page 18). Right now they are replaying the WI and DU game.

I am hoping that the feed will stay up and is the right one for the game.

Redfrog, or anyone else using SopCast. Has anyone messed around with the settings to try to sharpen up the picuture? It's not horrible, but it's not a great picture in full screen mode and fast action. I figured with all of the setting on the VLC player there might be a way to sharpen things up. If not, it sure beats listening to it on radio via the internet.

Thanks for any help!

this game scares the hell out of me. we aren't playing our best hockey, we've only shown up once ready to play in the last month, act like we can just flip a switch anytime we want, are playing a highly motivated badger squad, we don't play with any passion or desperation despite the fact that it is a lose and go home situation and we don't play welll in this building at all. that being said I don't like our chances today unless we decide we actually want to participate in this tournament.

this game scares the hell out of me. we aren't playing our best hockey, we've only shown up once ready to play in the last month, act like we can just flip a switch anytime we want, are playing a highly motivated badger squad, we don't play with any passion or desperation despite the fact that it is a lose and go home situation and we don't play welll in this building at all. that being said I don't like our chances today unless we decide we actually want to participate in this tournament.

things could be a lot worse, GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

and im sure the sioux are trying, like they just go on the ice and say hmmmm, lets just give a half ass effort today. dont think so

GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

UND's lines

16 Ryan Duncan--7 T.J. Oshie--14 Brad Miller

20 Matt Watkins--29 Chris VandeVelde--17 Rylan Kaip

10 Andrew Kozek--8 Ryan Martens--22 Brad Malone

26 Kyle Radke--11 Darcy Zajac--21 Matt Frattin

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

Wisconsin's lines

5 Blake Geoffrion--19 Kyle Turris--9 Michael Davies

24 John Mitchell--16 Sean Dolan--14 Ben Grotting

10 Patrick Johnson--22 Ben Street--18 Matthew Ford

7 Brendan Smith--13 Aaron Bendickson--11 Andy Bohmbach

4 Davis Drewiske--20 Kyle Klubertanz

17 Ryan McDonagh--2 Jamie McBain

6 Josh Engel--27 Cody Goloubef

35 Shane Connelly

1 Scott Gudmandson

I see the myp2p link has already been posted here. I use sopcast a lot, but it's been having issues for a couple of weeks. Just restart the player if you're having problems.

I've got the Sioux gear on here in Boston and I'm getting dirty looks from people. ;)

Good luck tonight . . . Let's Go Sioux.