SiouxSports.com Forum

Huge Bob Norton

gfhockey

I heard him say three times tonite. UNH getting beat is still not as big as UND gettind beat by holy cross. Yes he thinks UND lost to holy cross and not the gophers. what a fat guy. many if i had a dollar for every chin he has, i would have 5 bucks haha

East coast IGNORANCE!!

I heard him say three times tonite. UNH getting beat is still not as big as UND gettind beat by holy cross. Yes he thinks UND lost to holy cross and not the gophers. what a fat guy. many if i had a dollar for every chin he has, i would have 5 bucks haha

I'm fairly certain UNH was a #1 seed when they lost in 2000 to Niagara, weren't they? Dick Umile has always been unpopular with a certain segment of the population out there at UNH. My guess is he'll get "Woog'd" before too long. Same old story...dominate Hockey East, get into the tournament and flounder. It was bad enough that UNH was second fiddle to Maine and BU. Now that even BC has a fairly-recent national title, the heat must really be on now...

Anybody else hear him comment on "questionable missed calls" against the Sioux? He "wasn't saying that was the difference, but". . . . . .I think he was just upset that the Sioux didn't get beat by Princeton, like they got beat by Holy Cross! ???:love:

Anybody else hear him comment on "questionable missed calls" against the Sioux? He "wasn't saying that was the difference, but". . . . . .I think he was just upset that the Sioux didn't get beat by Princeton, like they got beat by Holy Cross! ???:love:

That Buddah was just trying to cover his tracks as he did everything but say that the P-tigers were gonna win.

I believe he also mentioned that great 3OT Cornell/Maine matchup and that the Gophers slipped by Air Force in OT last year. The guy doesn't seem like he pays much attention. :love:

Well the BC game is now so he should be in his element.

Very much. Norton only wanted Princeton to win because it would keep a connection to the East in the Midwest Bracket. Now that the Tigers are out, Norton has no love for any team in that bracket. He'll only now mention it if required.

I almost want UMN to win today so that Norton can cry along with the Tigers.

Boob just said it on sports center, basically said that the refs didn't make the call at key times. Only call I saw that was maybe questionable was Malones hit on the PU player in the first period...

As good as Princeton was, they also played an Alaska esque style of clutch and grab hockey. I noticed a ton of holding and obstruction that got let go.

I agree that Malone got away with one, but other than that, the Sioux played a clean game. The officials let a ton go, except where it interfered with a legitimate scoring opportunity. I thought it was officiated consistently, which is all you can ask for. You know that the little hooks and holds and borderline interference isn't going to get called, and it wasn't versus either team. I thought every single penalty was legit and prevented a decent opportunity.

I thought there were non-calls on ticky tac stuff that went both ways. Only negative on the officails was the knee on knee contact should've been called against Malone.

Bob Norton is a complete moron. He desperately wanted the Sioux to get beat. Sad.

When Norton and the other guy were previewing the Wisco/Denver match-up on Friday, the host (can't remember his name) asked Norton how the Pioneers got to where they are after the early departure of Brock Trotter, etc., and Norton's reply was something to the effect of: "Bozak has stepped up, and Trotter has scored a lot too."

Did anyone else catch that, or was I just hearing things?

those 2 are damn good. wish they were doing our regional but im assuming they will do the frozen 4 as well

I think you're right..Bucci-Melrose in Denver. The best was during the strike year (2005) when Thorne and Clement did the Frozen 4. The Sioux D-corp put on quite a show in the semi-final, Clement was impressed to the hilt.

I thought Melrose was a little high school girlish when it came to Gerbe. :ohmy:

The kids good but he's no Doug Flutie... :D

oh well, at least they know hockey front to back and have been around the game for many many years covering the nhl, they are by far the best espn throws out for regionals and frozen 4's. darren pang used to do them before he became the coyotes color guy and also gary thorne has done frozen 4's

I think you're right..Bucci-Melrose in Denver. The best was during the strike year (2005) when Thorne and Clement did the Frozen 4. The Sioux D-corp put on quite a show in the semi-final, Clement was impressed to the hilt.

Remember that. Had a man crush on Greene. Think he even had to change suits after the second period of that game. :ohmy: