SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Game Threads - Scores

AZSIOUX

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, the NCAA doesn't use the Pairwise at all. The Pairwise simply "mimics" the method that the NCAA uses. It's a preditor of the teams in the tournament.

Then again, for all we know they DO use it, but officially it's just a prediction tool.

On another note, Barry Melrose just did his best Sid Hartman impression when he mentioned "my good friend Dane Jackson...".

(For those who don't know, Sid is always mentioning "my good friend ______". Everybody seems to be his good friend, or his "close, personal" friend.)

I see thee's 5 min left in the Clarkson game, hopefully ESPN-PEW goes to the Goofs game.

Not a chance. They have EPSNU sportcenter. Important stuff like reviewing round ball games, etc.. Also they will not do that as they are carrying those games on Tape Delay later tonight. BC vs MN is on at 12am tommorow.

BD

Technically, the NCAA doesn't use the Pairwise at all. The Pairwise simply "mimics" the method that the NCAA uses. It's a preditor of the teams in the tournament.

Then again, for all we know they DO use it, but officially it's just a prediction tool.

On another note, Barry Melrose just did his best Sid Hartman impression when he mentioned "my good friend Dane Jackson...".

(For those who don't know, Sid is always mentioning "my good friend ______". Everybody seems to be his good friend, or his "close, personal" friend.)

Kind of my point with WI. Sub .500 team and loses the head to head with Mankato., but... :ohmy:

Can I ask you how you do that? 2 TV's? One on Alt and one on FSN?

I have a 46" widescreen, and use the dishnetwork Picture & Picture (dual tuner receiver) to watch two stations side by side on one screen; both good sized with the big screen.

Kind of my point with WI. Sub .500 team and loses the head to head with Mankato., but... :ohmy:

It's not that the NCAA committe uses the PWR, the PWR uses the committee's method of selecting the field to "predict" (with 100% accuracy) who will make the field.

H2H is only one of the factors the committee uses. UW had a better record against Teams Under Consideration (TUC), and common opponents, as well as a better RPI ranking.

The "human element" is non-existent now in the NCAA field selection, like it or lump it.