SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA HOCKEY TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

I saw over on Goon's World that he has talked about how none of the "experts" are giving UND any chance to get out of the MidWest regional. I say "HOORAY!" The last 2 titles UND won were when they weren't "supposed to".

I was begging for the "Sioux against the world" scenario, and now it looks like we have exactly that! Bring on the competition! GO SIOUX!!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont cheer for anyone, just pick a team you want to lose :D

Don't cheer for anybody just hope for many, many OT's... I'm hoping they play a minimum of 4 periods :D. I'd like to see it go into the 6th period but I doubt it will last that long..... ;)

When it's two teams I don't care for, this is the only way to cheer. I will also be using this philosophy for BC and umtc.

Just too bad they both can't lose the same game. :D

I saw over on Goof's World that he has talked about how none of the "experts" are giving UND any chance to get out of the MidWest regional. I say "HOORAY!" The last 2 titles UND won were when they weren't "supposed to".

I was begging for the "Sioux against the world" scenario, and now it looks like we have exactly that! Bring on the competition! GO SIOUX!!

Be careful when reading that joke of a blog. It is one the most unobjectionable ones out there. I can't decide what's worse, trying to decipher the grammar or constantly reading about cupcakes, the Gophers, officiating conspiracies, or conspiracies in general against the Sioux. It's not a good site if you are looking for good college hockey information. I guess that's why I don't visit that site anymore.

Be careful when reading that joke of a blog. It is one the most unobjectionable ones out there. I can't decide what's worse, trying to decipher the grammar or constantly reading about cupcakes, the Gophers, officiating conspiracies, or conspiracies in general against the Sioux. It's not a good site if you are looking for good college hockey information. I guess that's why I don't visit that site anymore.

Lighten up Francis.

And yet you still read it. :D By the way its called a UND fan blog... Fan blogs are supposed to be unobjectionable, I see you're still posing as a Sioux fan. Go back to GPL if you want to read good things about UofMN.

I am not sure why I spend time replyig to morons like you... :D

I saw over on Goon's World that he has talked about how none of the "experts" are giving UND any chance to get out of the MidWest regional. I say "HOORAY!" The last 2 titles UND won were when they weren't "supposed to".

Its 4 out 6 that say DU is going to advance. I like it when the Fighting Sioux are picked to lose. I remember in 1997 when UND slipped in under the radar... I think some are already penciling Michigan in the champion's bracket much they did in 1997 as well.

And yet you still read it. :D By the way its called a UND fan blog... Fan blogs are supposed to be unobjectionable, I see you're still posing as a Sioux fan. Go back to GPL if you want to read good things about UofMN.

I am not sure why I spend time replyig to morons like you... :D

I must be off the ignore list. Actually, I probably wasn't on that list in the first place.

1) Sorry Goof, I don't still read it as I mentioned in my post. Try improving your reading skills (and grammar skills).

2) I've seen plenty of good fan blogs that provide fair and balanced college hockey coverage. Yours does not qualify.

3) I'll leave you to go visit GPL. I have no interest in that site. For a supposed Sioux fan, you post more about the Gophers than the Sioux.

Don't cheer for anybody just hope for many, many OT's... I'm hoping they play a minimum of 4 periods :D. I'd like to see it go into the 6th period but I doubt it will last that long..... :D

I completely agree.

I don't like either team in a playoff situation. DU has our number in the NCAAs and UW's defensive scheme can be trouble.

I completely agree.

I don't like either team in a playoff situation. DU has our number in the NCAAs and UW's defensive scheme can be trouble.

UND is due against Denver and I don't think Wisconsin can keep up with UND.

DID I ASK YOU FOR YOUR OPINION?!? I don't recall doing so, if I did. First off, I have nothing against Goon, I find what he writes to be entertaining, and since I am a biased Sioux fan, I tend to gravitate towards others of my kind. Second, I can go anywhere on the web and read about who thinks UND will win/not win, and who thinks that Michigan/Miami are the "ones to beat." Next time I want your advice, which I hope is NEVER, I will ask for it.

Clutching and grabbing is NOT allowed with a non-WCHA referee, which we will have if we have to play them. :D Sioux by 13 in that victory, haha.

I would be willing to be we see Shegos or some other CCHA ref this weekend. :D

I don't know maybe we get Hockey East refs but there won't be as much clutching grabbing and DU could be in trouble.

Granted I have been out drinking tonight after watching some great amateur basketball and some not so great NCAA basketball. Man, other than the high school kids, does that sport ever tuck big greenie compared to the NCAA Hockey Championship. Who is with me on this one?

So, there are four games left to an absolutely magical season. Those in the know know how absolutely difficult, and special, it is for a team to win a National Crown. The Sioux have been playing hockey, top shelf hockey, for more than fifty years and have seven solid crowns to show for it. More than anyone other than Michigan and the same as DU, the elitists to the West of us, and more than all of the clowns in the so-called State of Hockey.

So, here's the deal. Many of the fans on this board ( a fine board it is Jimmy and others who once sprung it from the dust), simply cannot make it to Madison or to Denver. Jobs. Family. Money. Jalopys. Pains in the arse for significant others even. We have all been there. Even me for a long stretch of time. Those in these categories, stay home, work the jobs, bounce the kids on the knee (after all, they will be children for just a grain of time, and North Dakota hockey will be around forever), and pull for the boys on TV and the radio. After all, what could be better than listening to a Sioux game with TH calling the play-by-play on the radio?

However, those of us who have the privilege, time, money, and willingness to go, get your arses out to The Kohl, and out to The Can, to watch these boys bring it on in. Maybe they will, and maybe they won't. But it will be fun watching. If they do, great. Prophesies fulfilled. A better bunch of boys, coached by a solid bunch of men, has never heretofore existed in the annuls of Sioux hockey. If they do not, it will not be for lack of effort, commitment, skill, dedication, and drive. These boys have shown all of that, and more, all season long.

Now it is one and one. The next team to win four more is National Champion. Having had the privilege and the luxury of following this team day in and day out, all season long, here is saying that, regardless of outcome, these boys are a band of brothers, and that they are top shelf. Some will win, some will lose. Sixteen to eight, to four, to two, to one left standing. Here is saying that the One will be the Sioux. If they are not, the season will not be a loss, but instead a victory to the team left standing. We do not like the naysayers over the season. You know who you are. Crying. Griping. Knashing your teeth. These are the folks who, along with the legions of faithful all season long, who must travel to The Kohl, and to The Can, to witness Number 8 in 2008. If it happens, and here is saying it will, Great. If by chance it does not, well boys and staff, thanks a million for another unforgetable season of Fighting Sioux Hockey. Win or lose, up or down, this crowd will drive anywhere, anytime, and for any reason to see the Sioux skate great, and hopefully to number eight, in 2008.

Princeton. Wisconsin. Air Force. Colorado College. These, I am certain, are the four roads that remain to be travelled, and that will be travelled.

Bartender??.

Granted I have been out drinking tonight after watching some great amateur basketball and some not so great NCAA basketball. Man, other than the high school kids, does that sport ever tuck big greenie compared to the NCAA Hockey Championship. Who is with me on this one?

So, there are four games left to an absolutely magical season. Those in the know know how absolutely difficult, and special, it is for a team to win a National Crown. The Sioux have been playing hockey, top shelf hockey, for more than fifty years and have seven solid crowns to show for it. More than anyone other than Michigan and the same as DU, the elitists to the West of us, and more than all of the clowns in the so-called State of Hockey.

So, here's the deal. Many of the fans on this board ( a fine board it is Jimmy and others who once sprung it from the dust), simply cannot make it to Madison or to Denver. Jobs. Family. Money. Jalopys. Pains in the arse for significant others even. We have all been there. Even me for a long stretch of time. Those in these categories, stay home, work the jobs, bounce the kids on the knee (after all, they will be children for just a grain of time, and North Dakota hockey will be around forever), and pull for the boys on TV and the radio. After all, what could be better than listening to a Sioux game with TH calling the play-by-play on the radio?

However, those of us who have the privilege, time, money, and willingness to go, get your arses out to The Kohl, and out to The Can, to watch these boys bring it on in. Maybe they will, and maybe they won't. But it will be fun watching. If they do, great. Prophesies fulfilled. A better bunch of boys, coached by a solid bunch of men, has never heretofore existed in the annuls of Sioux hockey. If they do not, it will not be for lack of effort, commitment, skill, dedication, and drive. These boys have shown all of that, and more, all season long.

Now it is one and one. The next team to win four more is National Champion. Having had the privilege and the luxury of following this team day in and day out, all season long, here is saying that, regardless of outcome, these boys are a band of brothers, and that they are top shelf. Some will win, some will lose. Sixteen to eight, to four, to two, to one left standing. Here is saying that the One will be the Sioux. If they are not, the season will not be a loss, but instead a victory to the team left standing. We do not like the naysayers over the season. You know who you are. Crying. Griping. Knashing your teeth. These are the folks who, along with the legions of faithful all season long, who must travel to The Kohl, and to The Can, to witness Number 8 in 2008. If it happens, and here is saying it will, Great. If by chance it does not, well boys and staff, thanks a million for another unforgetable season of Fighting Sioux Hockey. Win or lose, up or down, this crowd will drive anywhere, anytime, and for any reason to see the Sioux skate great, and hopefully to number eight, in 2008.

Princeton. Wisconsin. Air Force. Colorado College. These, I am certain, are the four roads that remain to be travelled, and that will be travelled.

Bartender??.

although your post is pretty good after a night of drinking but NCAA basketball brings in a lot of money and is a tournament that is highly watched by many people. there is a reason majority of the games are on CBS, ESPN, ABC and whatever other channels you can find them. you may not pay attention to college bball all year but i am willing to bet once the NCAA tourny comes around you have your bracket filled and your money down in some type of pool! where as college hockey is a great sport, it just cant be compared to college bball because of how many schools play D1 hockey compared to D1 bball.

although your post is pretty good after a night of drinking but NCAA basketball brings in a lot of money and is a tournament that is highly watched by many people. there is a reason majority of the games are on CBS, ESPN, ABC and whatever other channels you can find them. you may not pay attention to college bball all year but i am willing to bet once the NCAA tourny comes around you have your bracket filled and your money down in some type of pool! where as college hockey is a great sport, it just cant be compared to college bball because of how many schools play D1 hockey compared to D1 bball.

just got back from west regionals bball. ucla hung on and xavier/w virg was a hell of a game....... fun as hell, now te real sweet 16 starts in hockey......... go soux, im about to cash it in ffor te night and go sioux this weekend, this is our year! i have mad money involved in bball and hockey. time to rake it in

FEAR THE OSHIE PRINCETON, FEAR THE FRIKEN OSHIE, YOU HEAR??

me

So I'm not the only one tired of Dick Vitale fawning all over North Carolina while Jay Bilas drools over Kansas?

No you are not! Ugh I was so frustrated last night I almost threw my remote through the TV, thank god it missed and hit my door. Tennessee got so screwed I was furious.

So are all of the games tonight exclusively for ESPNU? I checked my sports channels and nothing but college baseball, high school girls basketball/hockey... I am just not impressed at all. Why do they have to make hockey such a delinquent from everything else are there no fans? :D I can see how espn loves basketball but some of the stuff on instead of hockey is ridiculous..

So are all of the games tonight exclusively for ESPNU? I checked my sports channels and nothing but college baseball, high school girls basketball/hockey... I am just not impressed at all. Why do they have to make hockey such a delinquent from everything else are there no fans? :D I can see how espn loves basketball but some of the stuff on instead of hockey is ridiculous..

I have the whole sports package for Comcast and are having about as much success as you via my tv guide...ZERO!

I know college hockey is a niche sport, but can it bit any more niche than College softball? That's on all of the time.

I don't expect the regular season to be on ESPN (I prefer FSN anyways), but the playoffs? Come on, show it some love and put it on a station I can get. ESPNU is not even available to Comcast. So frustrating.