SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

roseau loses tonight!! they've ended moorheads season 2 years in a row so im happy to see them lose finally! hill murray looked great in tonights game, now edina has to kick their butt tomorrow. hoping to see a sioux whipping of ScSU tomorrow too!!!

roseau loses tonight!! they've ended moorheads season 2 years in a row so im happy to see them lose finally! hill murray looked great in tonights game, now edina has to kick their butt tomorrow. hoping to see a sioux whipping of ScSU tomorrow too!!!

Moorhead was actually the last team to be Roseau, before tonight, obviously.

Haven't read the whole thread but I'll add my take:

The Sioux really dominated the game. Jan had only a handful of sustained presence in their attack zone. I thought the D played well except for the JBSU goal. The freshmen didn't embarrass themselves.

I was happy with the Sioux offense except we couldn't score. (Duh.) We need to get gritty and crash the net; enough of the highlight pass stuff. It is pretty, certainly, but an ugly grind it out goal counts just the same as the tic-tac-toe dealie.

The waved-off Sioux goal happened right in front of me. The puck without a doubt crossed the goal line and proceeded out underneath the back of the goal which was tipped frontwards. I did not see that the net itself had come off its moorings. I think Anderson must've see something definite on the replay to wave it off. I sure didn't see it in person, at real-time.

Not having a chance to play for the McNaughton tomorrow is a little bit of a debbie downer. I was kind of afraid of how this team might come out tonight, with Evan and Chay out and only a slim chance at the Cup. They played well. A win Saturday would be nice. Michigan's lead over us in the Pairwaise is just a teeny little bit in the RPI, which I think will flip back if we win.

I don't often find myself pleased with a tie, especially at home, but tonight, maybe that was all we were gonna get.

Current field would be:

1. UM

2. CC

3. UNH

4. UND

5. Miami

6. DU

7. Clarkson

8. MSU

9. MSUM

10. BC

11. SCSU

12. UW

13. UMN

14. BU

15. AHA/CHA

16. AHA/CHA

I don't really know how to feel about our PWR. I have seen some projections that have us, Miami, SCSU, and Minne in a bracket. Obviously this would be a conference first round game but they might do it with 7 from the WCHA in. While I would savor playing Miami (more than DU or even MSU), I don't want SCSU (even though they always lose in the first round) or Minne in the bracket. I have a feeling we might get a better draw being the 3rd or 4th #1 then if we are the 1 or 2.

I have seen some projections that have us, Miami, SCSU, and Minne in a bracket. Obviously this would be a conference first round game but they might do it with 7 from the WCHA in. While I would savor playing Miami (more than DU or even MSU), I don't want SCSU (even though they always lose in the first round) or Minne in the bracket. I have a feeling we might get a better draw being the 3rd or 4th #1 then if we are the 1 or 2.

Yeah, current projections would have us playing UMN in the first round with Miami/SCSU in the other game. Tough bracket. I would rather get one of the top two seeds and get to play the AHA/CHA autobid team, of course, than have to play one of our conference rivals in the first round.

Still lots of games left though to change it all up again...

The waved-off Sioux goal happened right in front of me. The puck without a doubt crossed the goal line and proceeded out underneath the back of the goal which was tipped frontwards. I did not see that the net itself had come off its moorings. I think Anderson must've see something definite on the replay to wave it off. I sure didn't see it in person, at real-time.

By the rule book the net being tipped up like that is the same thing as the net being off it's pegs.

By the rule book the net being tipped up like that is the same thing as the net being off it's pegs.

Only one issue. Anderson would have likely watched an overhead replay so how could he tell if the net was tipped forward before the puck crossed the line. They never did slow down the TV replay enough to be able to tell.

a few things i noticed about last night...

.the sioux played very well for most the game (other than ot), but could not capitalize on the scoring opportunities

.finley was outstanding, just continues to improve

.his d partner, lapoint, still plays like a freshman. he lacks confidence with the puck, and is tenative to make decisions.

.at this point and time, marto is heads above lapoint, and should be the 6th man if chay comes back

.lots of missed nets, maybe just one of those nights???

.wcha officiating at its finest, but it went both ways. anderson swallowed the whistle from the get go and two reviewed no-goals (didn't get to see the replays, but the net never came off the moorings on our goal, and i don't think lasch's stick got above his waist), something needs to be done about this very soon, but that is just us sioux fans complaining :D

.third and fourth line played as good as they have all year, great sign for the postseason

.jpl is the man, enough said, although he was more worried about his stick than the puck on scsu's goal

.lasch and roe are tiny, but for some reason felt the need to find finley after every whistle :D , best quote of the year in the postgame, hennesy asks joe what was up with him and lasch as they seemed to have an affinity for one another. joe laughs and says "yeah, i wish it was earlier in the season so i could 'teach' him to keep his stick down" :D classic!!!

finish strong tonight and keep the unbeaten streak going through denver!!! go sioux!!!

Two fun facts on our season:

-No team swept us in the regular season this year

-The only team we didn't beat on our schedule this year was BC in the 0-0 tie in the "Fog Game"

Three fun facts:

The Sioux are 0-0-1 since Brett Favre retired.

Only one issue. Anderson would have likely watched an overhead replay so how could he tell if the net was tipped forward before the puck crossed the line. They never did slow down the TV replay enough to be able to tell.

You are probably right which is why he could not overturn the call he made on the ice. I think PCM wrote on USCHo that the net needs to be flat on the ice or it is considered moved. Obviously, the net wasn't flat on the ice when that goal was scored.

from what I could see of the replay that he was watching, it crossed the line before the net tipped forward. But that could have been me wanting to see it. I thought it did when it happened, and I thought that it did when I saw the replay. He watched it several times, slowly, backwards, forwards.