SiouxSports.com Forum

Murder Inc. Shirts

Diggler

Folks, Joel was a Sioux fan.

He was murdered this season.

It just feels like poor form to make light of the subject.

again i understand your feelings here sica, and if i thought this was being disrepectful i would agree. but i think this is something entirely different. i think diggler is just making some fun tshirts to show support of our hockey team. i don't think this has anything whatsoever to do with joel... cant we let some students be creative and have fun? diggler... i like the front, the back still not quite there, any thoughts?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what and where this Murder Inc thing came from but if someone is trying to associate the word "murder" in any form to the Sioux I would say they are personifying their troubled and misguided outlook onto a team that it trying to fight against being misinterpreted as goons and this is not a good combo.

Attempting to associate yourself with the concept of murder is not what any team our group that wants to create any kind of respect would do.

-...Just so the misguided don't do what they are inclined to do and wax me a stiff or a prude as a reaction to this point. I will say that I am all about the Sioux being tough and kicking some ass!!! This team is finally, after six plus years of being lost, starting to re-establish what has made them a force in the storied history of college hockey. I think it all started with Kiaps fight last year against Alaska. This followed the low of recent Sioux history where the Sioux were swept at home by Michigan Tech last year. Now, finally (I think), the Sioux have established a home ice intimidation factor for the first time since they played at the old Englestad!-

...Now back to my point. This Murder crap is retarded juvinille piss juice.

How do you think the pundents would write this Murder Inc nickname when disscussing the the Sioux name issue? Or how bout when we are trying to justify the fact that teams take cheap shots at us when we are dominating them and we are forced to retaliate with a fair fight?

Part of being stupid is not thinking about callateral consequences of your actions- so just see me as trying to help.

So in the name of not being an idiot and in the name of the Sioux dissassociate yourself with this ignorant name.

In fact im wondering if the whole MURDER INC thing isn't being started by a crafty Gopher fan out for sabotage???

definition of MURDER:

Murder is the unlawful killing of a human person with malice aforethought. Murder is generally distinguished from other forms of homicide by the elements of malice aforethought and the lack of lawful justification.

Indecision by committee. Too many cooks in the kitchen. A conscensus on all fronts will be difficult.

We are still all in on the original idea, and Diggler's design remains my preference. The first take is often the best take, in many fields of pursuit.

This said, the Sioux are not murderers, nor are they goons, nor are they thugs. If I were to make my own shirts, which I am not, I might go with the corporate name of Kickass, Inc.

That is really what the Sioux are doing, and will continue to do until we secure #8 in '08.

Much as I enjoy the nickname Murder Inc. and can understand the lighthearted intent with which it is being used, yababy8 makes a very important point.

What if 60% of the Denver fans were wearing Murder, Inc. shirts on the day Bina was Paukoviched?

Just 2 weeks ago even Ryan Duncan put a guy into the boards head-first. No one would expect that from Duncan and I think any rational person would know that Ryan really wouldn't intend to hurt someone or put them in that sort of risk, nor does he have a habit of playing that way. But he did it.

We think the Hate-the-Sioux crowd is out now?

i also have been swayed by the argument and logic that murder inc. may not be in the best taste, although i thought it sounded cool at first. see, intelligent discussion can achieve ones goals without resorting to the namecalling and personal attacks :lol: of the alternatives, i like the "hit squad". not sure on a logo we could use, but could stick with the overall design of diggler's shirt. i don't know if it is possible, but the osh laying out an opponent would be fitting. never once do i think the intent was meant to be demeaning or insensitive, but there is just not alot of good associated with the word murder... im still in for two if we do go with the hit squad 08' shirts. go sioux!

It's sad that everyone seems to have an issue with everything. There's always someone who is claiming it's insensitive.

That being said, a few people did bring up some valid points and if nothing else, pointed out that the above mentioned people are out there and could cause attention that we don't want.

I actually do like the Hit Squad better and it would be sweet to have a logo showing a big hit but with a screen print and outline, it might be tough.

Maybe some slogan on the back like.....

Fighting Sioux Hockey

If you're near the puck, be ready to duck

If you're on the attack, you'll end up on your back

Touch our net minda and Finley'll find ya :lol:

You get the idea.