SiouxSports.com Forum

Murder Inc. Shirts

Diggler

I too think hit squad is good. Hey it's a punn! :lol:

I guess I should take responsability for name calling. my point was not ehanced by doing so. I'm impressed with the reasonability in the responses! Very rational and thoughfull- full of smarts- must be SIOUX FANS!

anyway, sorry if I offended anyone :lol:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is becoming way too complicated like I feared. Someone else can organize this whole thing.:lol:

Quitter :lol:

I think a logo is the only thing to worry about.

Seems like most like Hit Squad on the front.

Something like Fighting Sioux Hockey or UND Hockey on the back, not really a big deal what it is.

This is becoming way too complicated like I feared. Someone else can organize this whole thing.:lol:

That just made it to easy for you to duck out on this! :lol:

I like Hit Squad also.

The puck in the glass is cool too, and a saying, something like what franchise listed, would be good on the back.

That just made it to easy for you to duck out on this! :lol:

I like Hit Squad also.

The puck in the glass is cool too, and a saying, something like what franchise listed, would be good on the back.

is this idea mentioned above possible?

http://www.geocities.com/ibasiouxfan/hitsquad_wallpaper.jpg

use this as the front and siouxsports.com in white on the back if thats ok to do and put sioux hockey or go sioux under the puck somewhere

come on diggler, get back in the mix :lol:

My two cents:

I think "Goon Platoon" would work well. The T-shirts could feature an army helmet and/or dog tags. IMHO the army theme works well because Sioux teams are often seen as a band of brothers. It also plays into the "Fighting" part of our nickname and symbolizes determination, teamwork and pride. All for one and one for all! :lol:

My two cents:

I think "Goon Platoon" would work well. The T-shirts could feature an army helmet and/or dog tags. IMHO the army theme works well because Sioux teams are often seen as a band of brothers. It also plays into the "Fighting" part of our nickname and symbolizes determination, teamwork and pride. All for one and one for all! :lol:

im with diggler, too many cooks in the kitchen, bye bye shirt idea although would be cool :lol:

Murder Inc. was a myth. There was never an actual group that did hits for the mob. wikipedia is not a good source for anything.

Would you prefer Encyclopedia Britannica as a source. Or how about this source. Or maybe this one. Or one more. Murder Inc was as much a myth as the Cosa Nostra themselves.

Wikipedia is not always reliable, but this time they were pretty accurate. And they were the most convenient.

I'm sure everyone has the best of intentions here, but I agree with those who have expressed concern. The last thing that UND needs right now is anything negative. We've had more than our share of that already. If some unfortunate accident were to happen at one of the upcoming Sioux hockey games, a picture of fans wearing these shirts could show up on every sports page across the country. Also, I could see Mike Jacobs, David Gipp, His Horse is Thunder, Doreen YB, and every other far lefty using it against the Fighting Sioux logo debate.

Scrap the idea......just go out and cheer the Fighting Sioux onto #8 the rest of the year.

I'm sure everyone has the best of intentions here, but I agree with those who have expressed concern. The last thing that UND needs right now is anything negative. We've had more than our share of that already. If some unfortunate accident were to happen at one of the upcoming Sioux hockey games, a picture of fans wearing these shirts could show up on every sports page across the country. Also, I could see Mike Jacobs, David Gipp, His Horse is Thunder, Doreen YB, and every other far lefty using it against the Fighting Sioux logo debate.

Scrap the idea......just go out and cheer the Fighting Sioux onto #8 the rest of the year.

I don't see how Hit Squad is negative.

Doesn't every fan want to see their team go out and lay some big hits?

Is there a copy right to this design?

hitsquad_wallpaper.jpg

I don't think so, I did the lettering myself and changed the colors and pattern slightly of glass from a car window sticker, then changed the puck they had in the picture. I think it is different enough that there wouldn't be a problem. And I don't care if someone wants to use it. I did try it for a white background too , although I like the black better.

J

hitsquad_wallpaper2.jpg

I don't think so, I did the lettering myself and changed the colors and pattern slightly of glass from a car window sticker, then changed the puck they had in the picture. I think it is different enough that there wouldn't be a problem. And I don't care if someone wants to use it. I did try it for a white background too , although I like the black better.

J

hitsquad_wallpaper2.jpg

can you add GO SIOUX on the back or front and siouxsports.com on the back if thats ok by jim?

How do you figure Murder, Inc. was a myth? The sources quoted in the Wiki article are valid news accounts.

Check out Jerry Capeci's http://www.ganglandnews.com/ or his book Mafiaguide for Idiots. The myth behind Murder Inc. is debunked along with the Night of Sicilian Vespers.

Links:

http://www.ganglandnews.com/column51.htm

http://www.ganglandnews.com/column112.htm

http://www.ganglandnews.com/column76.htm

http://www.ganglandnews.com/column63.htm

"Valid news accounts" based on old myths.

Would you prefer Encyclopedia Britannica as a source. Or how about this source. Or maybe this one. Or one more. Murder Inc was as much a myth as the Cosa Nostra themselves.

Wikipedia is not always reliable, but this time they were pretty accurate. And they were the most convenient.

Saying that Bugsy Siegle and Meyer Lansky ran a murder for hire racket totally debunks Brittnica as a source. Lansky was very tight with Charles Luciano. Your sources repeated the same old myths. Check my links out for accuracy. Capeci has written numerous books on LCN and a weekly article.

both if possible, thanks. your wallpapers are bad ass!! i still have the one you made me with my pics. its sweet!

Thanks! ok, I'm not real sure what you'd like it to look like but so far I made pretty basic Bleed Green (I like that better than go Sioux, if you're gonna have Siouxsport.com right underneath) and a plain Siouxsports. Let me know if you'd like changes. and I'll work on a Go Sioux too.bleed_green.jpg

J

Thanks! ok, I'm not real sure what you'd like it to look like but so far I made pretty basic Bleed Green (I like that better than go Sioux, if you're gonna have Siouxsport.com right underneath) and a plain Siouxsports. Let me know if you'd like changes. and I'll work on a Go Sioux too.bleed_green.jpg

J

looks very cool, anyway to add the puck in? if not no biggie. cool ideas