SiouxSports.com Forum

How Malone was treated by the linesman ?

Fetch

I would agree with you if he skated across the ice from the bench and laid him out. When Barribal came into the zone and got nailed by Finley what's the diff? You cant have it both ways, you cant say its tough Sioux hockey vs cheap Gopher hockey. If you do, well then, you do. :angry:

it went both ways! if they would just let the fight in college hockey things like this wouldnt escalate like they did at the end!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I suppose the little tap I got coming out of the Ralph this season was too. You need to have thick skin and let things like that go. You always come out looking better than the person being an ass when you ignore them.

One of these days that person will get what is coming to him. I hope he keeps doing it eventually he will tap the wrong person and he will be picking himself off the ground. I know a lot of guys that would have turned around and dropped him. Personally I would turned around and asked him what the hell his problem was. Class act to smack an opposing fan. Not cool at all...

Thats where having the refs on the Gopher payroll comes in handy. ;);)

Why didn't the ref stop peltier from pounding Trupp? Adams stood there with his arm in the air let it go on, the other ref was more worried about Malone. Malone would have gotten the cheap shot artist off of Trupp. :angry:

Did Finley get caught on tape throwing punches after the hard check?

Peltier did. But with no ramifications.

Wrong, he got a power play for his team. Not only did Don Adam NOT apply the rules with a 5 minute fighting and a game DQ he rewarded it. Wonder if Peltier learned a lesson?

As far as the barribal check, nobody's complaining about the check Peltier threw. It was sitting on him throwing punches that was out of line and out of the rules.

That's actually one thing that bothers me with the NHL. They'll start a fight over a clean, but hard check.

Why didn't the ref stop peltier from pounding Trupp? Adams stood there with his arm in the air let it go on, the other ref was more worried about Malone. Malone would have gotten the cheap shot artist off of Trupp. :angry:

The linesman should have been on Peltier's back immediately, well before Malone was in the neighborhood. He only went in when the linesmen declined to do their job.

One of these days that person will get what is coming to him. I hope he keeps doing it eventually he will tap the wrong person and he will be picking himself off the ground. I know a lot of guys that would have turned around and dropped him. Personally I would turned around and asked him what the hell his problem was. Class act to smack an opposing fan. Not cool at all...

Agreed. It is just a game. There were a bunch of Sioux fans in Stubs after the game on Fri and Sat night that were great, and they were not hassled. There are always a a couple of Aholes in every bunch.

Okay Hak gets a two game suspension. What do the game officials get for their part in this matter?

This is a UND suspension. The WCHA hasn't gotten around to doing anything yet. I doubt that the game officials will get anything close to that, if they are publicly reprimanded at all.

This is a UND suspension. The WCHA hasn't gotten around to doing anything yet. I doubt that the game officials will get anything close to that, if they are publicly reprimanded at all.

Yeah, good luck with that! In the minds of the WCHA , the officials, have not, cannot and will not in the future do anything wrong!! :angry:

Okay Hak gets a two game suspension. What do the game officials get for their part in this matter?

don adam isnt good for the game of hockey. hes a crappy azz ref and has no place reffing wcha games or college hockey. he should have been banned years ago. he cant control a thing whenever hes on the ice and he sure in hell shouldnt have been reffing the most heated rivalry out there. hes a joke and embarrassing to the wcha. fire him now before he allows a guy to get his neck broke by a check from behind and only gives the guy 2 minutes, oh wait

Grabbing the mask is wrong - along with alot of the other calls Don made or didn't. In this case Malone wasn't really aware of how close he was to the door ( he wasn't facing it as he got closer to it), when he got to the box, Adam directed him into it and he tripped over the base of the door. Not really a result of a shove - kinda looked like it b/c Adam still had ahold of Malone as he was falling.

Grabbing the mask is wrong - along with alot of the other calls Don made or didn't. In this case Malone wasn't really aware of how close he was to the door ( he wasn't facing it as he got closer to it), when he got to the box, Adam directed him into it and he tripped over the base of the door. Not really a result of a shove - kinda looked like it b/c Adam still had ahold of Malone as he was falling.

That wasn't Adam, it was one of the linesmen or assistant referee's as they are called.

Hak's behavior was wrong, but Adam's control of the game is legendary.

Seriously folks! Adam's reputation is stated to the players before they step on the ice before one of the games he's officiating: "Do you have your affairs in order?"

He is not safe. He is incredibly inconsistent, he allows tempers to flare and simmer and then goes haywire when the end of the game happens and it finally boils over. Adam could have done things to prevent Saturday night, I guarantee it.

If he had simply let the clock run out with 3 seconds left in OT, the teams skate off to the lockerroom and that's that. Lucia, Zajac, and Finley have nothing to do but look forward to their next games. Anderson doesn't do squat to Oshie.

Like I said, Adam is unsafe. He got flicked off, but even that could have been prevented if Greg Shepherd did the logical thing and fired him after the Bina incident.

Hak's behavior was wrong, but Adam's control of the game is legendary.

Seriously folks! Adam's reputation is stated to the players before they step on the ice before one of the games he's officiating: "Do you have your affairs in order?"

He is not safe. He is incredibly inconsistent, he allows tempers to flare and simmer and then goes haywire when the end of the game happens and it finally boils over. Adam could have done things to prevent Saturday night, I guarantee it.

If he had simply let the clock run out with 3 seconds left in OT, the teams skate off to the lockerroom and that's that. Lucia, Zajac, and Finley have nothing to do but look forward to their next games. Anderson doesn't do squat to Oshie.

Like I said, Adam is unsafe. He got flicked off, but even that could have been prevented if Greg Shepherd did the logical thing and fired him after the Bina incident.

Finley didn't get a DQ

Agreed. It is just a game. There were a bunch of Sioux fans in Stubs after the game on Fri and Sat night that were great, and they were not hassled. There are always a a couple of Aholes in every bunch.

Can't remember if I posted this or not, but Saturday was the best I had been treated at the John (normally worst of all away venues). No comments were made until people left the game. And then they would pass me and shout something. A female Gopher fan even asked me if our fans were that bad! I had to inform her that the couple comments I received weren't bad at all.

Can't remember if I posted this or not, but Saturday was the best I had been treated at the John (normally worst of all away venues). No comments were made until people left the game. And then they would pass me and shout something. A female Gopher fan even asked me if our fans were that bad! I had to inform her that the couple comments I received weren't bad at all.

After going to 3 away games this year (Madison, SCSU, and Minnesota) I have to agree with you that the Gopher fans (particularly the students) were the worst by far. I saw a 60 y/o female Sioux fan with her husband get the finger about an inch from her face as a student walked by, as well as several drunk students in the bathrooms trying to pick fights. Now I understand every student fan base has it's winners, but in this venue it seemed to be a higher concentration. That said, I still had a great time, and the place was packed with energy.

Finley didn't get a DQ

True, but there is (maybe was now) a chance the NCAA (or WCHA) would look at this and give him one.

Maybe not now, but...

My point is still valid. If Adam let the clock run out, no altercations would have taken place and there would be nothing against any of the three players.

After going to 3 away games this year (Madison, SCSU, and Minnesota) I have to agree with you that the Gopher fans (particularly the students) were the worst by far. I saw a 60 y/o female Sioux fan with her husband get the finger about an inch from her face as a student walked by, as well as several drunk students in the bathrooms trying to pick fights. Now I understand every student fan base has it's winners, but in this venue it seemed to be a higher concentration. That said, I still had a great time, and the place was packed with energy.

Stay classy Minneapolis! :angry:

All class there... Yep I love how Gopher fans call UND fans a bunch of hicks but I guess that is acceptable behavior down in MPLS for Gopher fans.

Wow! I hope their parents are proud. I have to chill out when I watch stuff like that. It makes me wnat to beat on those little punks. Unfortunately the end result would be me getting sued. I do really want to set the world right. Much like Blake Wheeler, these Gopher fans would do well to get their asses kicked good and hard.

True, but there is (maybe was now) a chance the NCAA (or WCHA) would look at this and give him one.

Maybe not now, but...

My point is still valid. If Adam let the clock run out, no altercations would have taken place and there would be nothing against any of the three players.

You cannot let the final three seconds run out especially in a game with this much meaning. What if Oshie dances around the center, passes it to the guy on the wing and he scores as the buzzer is going off. That changes that whole game. You have to play the game until the final buzzer. Although the things that happened after the horn should not have happened, you still have to play those three seconds no matter what.