SiouxSports.com Forum

#1 On Sports Center

yekcoh

Looking into my magic 8 ball, I just saw Bina score the long goal at U of M last year... His 8th of the season. Next up was Trupp's ] goal which led the Sioux to winning their 8th straight game last night. I'm saving the last shake for April when the Magic 8 ball reveals the Sioux winning their 8th National title in 2008 ! ???

Looking into my magic 8 ball, I just saw Bina score the long goal at U of M last year... His 8th of the season. Next up was Trupp's ] goal which led the Sioux to winning their 8th straight game last night. I'm saving the last shake for April when the Magic 8 ball reveals the Sioux winning their 8th National title in 2008 ! :angry:

I like your philosophy! ???

Looking into my magic 8 ball, I just saw Bina score the long goal at U of M last year... His 8th of the season. Next up was Trupp's ] goal which led the Sioux to winning their 8th straight game last night. I'm saving the last shake for April when the Magic 8 ball reveals the Sioux winning their 8th National title in 2008 ! :lol:

Don't forget that the assist on Trupp's goal was credited to # 8 Ryan Martens.

Ryan Martens pass was also amazing

Do you think it was luck or great touch (to float it over the goal) ?

The entire team needs to start doing a lot more of that (get the puck in front - shot on goal) & everyone crash the net.

Still seems to be too much passing & corner & board work & then no shots

We really need that guy who can make passes from behind the net (Oshie has done it a couple times) - but does not seem real comfortable back there (as far as passing)

I still remember Hrkacs behind the net :lol:

Ryan Martens pass was also amazing

Do you think it was luck or great touch (to float it over the goal) ?

The entire team needs to start doing a lot more of that (get the puck in front - shot on goal) & everyone crash the net.

Still seems to be too much passing & corner & board work & then no shots

We really need that guy who can make passes from behind the net (Oshie has done it a couple times) - but does not seem real comfortable back there (as far as passing)

I still remember Hrkacs behind the net :lol:

Or maybe he/they just don't have someone in the right spot to dish it to from behind the net.

The thing that makes Trupp's Friday night goal even better is that his family was in attendance, having flown in from Anchorage for the weekend series. What a great game for them to see.

Good luck topping that game-winner next time your family comes down for a visit, Trupper!

Or maybe he/they just don't have someone in the right spot to dish it to from behind the net.

that's what I mean - too much corner & boards grinding for the puck (the cycle thing) instead of going to the goal & guys in position to score (especially on the PP)

A asst. coach like Hrkac or Johnson would help make this work better :lol:

too much corner & boards grinding for the puck (the cycle thing) instead of going to the goal & guys in position to score (especially on the PP)

There are times during the game, I hear myself yelling 'point, point'. Takes me back to when I was watching 'little guy' hockey.