SiouxSports.com Forum

#1 On Sports Center

yekcoh

Ryan Martens pass was also amazing

Do you think it was luck or great touch (to float it over the goal) ?

The entire team needs to start doing a lot more of that (get the puck in front - shot on goal) & everyone crash the net.

Still seems to be too much passing & corner & board work & then no shots

We really need that guy who can make passes from behind the net (Oshie has done it a couple times) - but does not seem real comfortable back there (as far as passing)

I still remember Hrkacs behind the net :lol:

No disrespect to Martens but that was total LUCK....I think he would admit so himself!

No disrespect to Martens but that was total LUCK....I think he would admit so himself!

I disagree in part. I believe he saw Trupp in position, the Goofs in position to intercept any pass around the net and he flipped it over the net with a silent Hail Mary!

I disagree in part. I believe he saw Trupp in position, the Goofs in position to intercept any pass around the net and he flipped it over the net with a silent Hail Mary!

I agree with Sioux-cia, if it had been "Luck" it would have hit something(defender/skate/etc.) to bounce over the net, the intent was there, and as far as I could tell, the pass was perfect. That's creating your own luck.

of course he saw him and flipped it towards the net but he even admitted it wasnt a good pass. one of those plays that may work 1 of 10 times

of course he saw him and flipped it towards the net but he even admitted it wasnt a good pass. one of those plays that may work 1 of 10 times

Exactly...therefore it was luck...but hey luck counts!! Now can we please see Forney??

obviously forney isnt showing much. maybe he gets in over davidson with zajac out next friday. we will see.

Well if he can't beat out Davidson he might as well hang up the skates. I mean come on he is a 4th round NHL draft pick.....GIVE THE KID A CHANCE FOR CRIPES SAKE!!!

Well if he can't beat out Davidson he might as well hang up the skates. I mean come on he is a 4th round NHL draft pick.....GIVE THE KID A CHANCE FOR CRIPES SAKE!!!

dont think its that easy for him. he has multiple surgeries and by the sounds the kid has a great attitude and is working to gain all his skills and strength back or his final 2 years wih the sioux. not everyone can come back from surgeries. sucks for michael for sure. hope he can make the best of his last 2 years.

dont think its that easy for him. he has multiple surgeries and by the sounds the kid has a great attitude and is working to gain all his skills and strength back or his final 2 years wih the sioux. not everyone can come back from surgeries. sucks for michael for sure. hope he can make the best of his last 2 years.

True Dat....let's hope he can make something happen.... I did not think he was still feeling the effects of the injury but who knows. I say give the kid a chance he has a hell of a lot better upside than Davidson, Radke, and Zajac for that matter......

Get Forney in there. We need to save Davidson for the next time we face Minnesota. Perfect guy to sacrifice for a one game suspension. :lol:

Last time he played I though Forney was about the fastest player on the ice. That said, he needs to earn his chances. At this point I think he might still qualify for a "medical" red shirt this season.

Last time he played I though Forney was about the fastest player on the ice. That said, he needs to earn his chances. At this point I think he might still qualify for a "medical" red shirt this season.

are you serious? i dont think hes even close for that at this point of the season under the rules but i may be wrong if so and if they were going to they would have done that a long time ago i would think. he had a couple surgeries in the off season so im hoping hes ready to roll and hopefully make the lineup his last 2 years but at this pace who knows. hope it works out for him.

Less than 20% of games; none can be in the second half of the season schedule.

so 20% of total games the sioux have played this season or forney not playing in 20% of the sioux total games amd not playing 2nd half? thanks

Wasn't that post clear?

The player can only participate in 20% of team's scheduled games.

None of the games the player participates in can be in the second half of the schedule (for example, after game 6 of a 12 game schedule).

Ryan Hale blew up a shoulder in Game 8 and there were 40+ games planned on the schedule (counting league tournament): automatic extra eligibility season granted.

The Brandon Strouth blew up a knee in game 2 of an 11 game schedule and it was automatic.

Michael Forney last participated in Game 17 (Dec 29, 2007) v. UNH. There are 35 games (exhibitions don't count) on the schedule. Gee, he hasn't played in any games in the second half so far. Interesting.

Wasn't that post clear?

The player can only participate in 20% of team's scheduled games.

None of the games the player participates in can be in the second half of the schedule (for example, after game 6 of a 12 game schedule).

Ryan Hale blew up a shoulder in Game 8 and there were 40+ games planned on the schedule (counting league tournament): automatic extra eligibility season granted.

The Brandon Strouth blew up a knee in game 2 of an 11 game schedule and it was automatic.

Michael Forney last participated in Game 17 (Dec 29, 2007) v. UNH. There are 35 games (exhibitions don't count) on the schedule. Gee, he hasn't played in any games in the second half so far. Interesting.

sure wasnt and thanks for the clear up, interesting stuff, thanks