SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

I don't mean to be silly but the Goalie is like the third defenseman. I thought I saw UND playing a trap in Saturday's game in the third period.

Just saying that our D-man played about as poorly as they have played in awhile on Sat. and it was all JPL as far as the defense went on Sat. Even though UM has not scored alot of goals as of late, they still have some goal scorers on that team unlike MTU, 'Kato and UAA.

If UND doesn't give up more than 2 a night this weekend, I like our chances to sweep.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person here who thinks if Frazee doesn't play in the next couple of series for the Gophers that he is a flight risk to sign early? Consider that he is a junior getting no ice time, and if Kangas carries the Goph's, probably limited time next year. He knows his stock is going down every game he is sitting on the bench. I think Lucia recognizes this and HAS to play him or lose him in February.

My Cred: I sat near Don while my son beat his son at the Minnesota Bantam A championships :angry:

Am I the only person here who thinks if Frazee doesn't play in the next couple of series for the Gophers that he is a flight risk to sign early? Consider that he is a junior getting no ice time, and if Kangas carries the Goph's, probably limited time next year. He knows his stock is going down every game he is sitting on the bench. I think Lucia recognizes this and HAS to play him or lose him in February.

My Cred: I sat near Don while my son beat his son at the Minnesota Bantam A championships :angry:

This isn't meant to be a slam on Frazee, but where is he going to go?

Just saying that our D-man played about as poorly as they have played in awhile on Sat. and it was all JPL as far as the defense went on Sat. Even though UM has not scored alot of goals as of late, they still have some goal scorers on that team unlike MTU, 'Kato and UAA.

If UND doesn't give up more than 2 a night this weekend, I like our chances to sweep.

I have afeeling that in atl east one of the games the gophs will get 3or 4. I see both games being of the 3-2,4-3 variety.

I think UND has a good chance to win a lot of games if we only give up two goals.

I was hoing Hak would give them one of those no pucks practice after Saturday's effort.

That is what you call a stinker in my opinion.

This isn't meant to be a slam on Frazee, but where is he going to go?

Hopefully not the way of former Gopher Nate Hagemo. Along with Tyler Hirsch, these are 2 very sad stories that you hate to see, regardless of the team they used to play on. One could see Frazee heading this way if things keep unraveling. I hope things work out for the kid.

Hagemo Arrested

Hopefully not the way of former Gopher Nate Hagemo. Along with Tyler Hirsch, these are 2 very sad stories that you hate to see, regardless of the team they used to play on.

Hagemo Arrested

Wow, that really is a sad story. Imagine someone telling you at 19 or 20 years old that your dream of doing what you want to do isn't going to happen...EVER.

I probably would have lived in a continuing cycle of depression, drugs, and despair if someone told me my dream of pushing pencils and paper for the government was never going to be a reality. :angry: Or not.

I have afeeling that in atl east one of the games the gophs will get 3or 4. I see both games being of the 3-2,4-3 variety.

Unfortunately I have to agree that Mn will get 3-4 on us in each game. We didn't seem to match up well against them when they were in GF. They pushed us around pretty easily. If you look at our last 12 WCHA games, the Gophers scored more in a weekend series against us than anyone else. I expect that will continue to be the case. Given the rivalry, they will be up for us and we can't secure points playing the way we did against AA on Sat night. JPL does seem to play his best games in Mariucci. I just hope he isn't getting wore down. We need to sweep to keep some optimism of winning the league and having momentum leading into our break/series against DU. I don't want to look past this weekend, but the DU series will be huge.

Wouldn't he go to the farm team and fight for time with JPar?

yes he is a draft pick of the devils. high pick actually for a goalie. 2nd round , 38th overall pick. he would go to the AHL as they have to give a pick that high a chance of turning it around or just finding himself again. he will get a shot for sure but it will be up to him to see what happens and if he can find his forum. im sure the devils are worried as of now and im assuming jeff will be in their farm sustem next season

I am really nervous about this weekend. Overall we DID NOT play well against the Gophers in Dec at the Ralph and after the performance this last weekend where we again allowed ourselves to be man-handled I have real questions about the trip to the John. We are definately more than capable of winning and winning big, but it is very dependent on what team shows up, the one with the wall for defense or the one that played this weekend. :angry:

He would probably end up in the ECHL. Just my humble opinion, but I can't see him give JPar much of a fight right now.

i think he would start in the AHL and see what happens. they have to try to get him going with how high of a pick they used on him. jpar wanst even starting all the games for them either. he was splitting time and those guys will be career AHL guys im guessing. who knows

I am really nervous about this weekend. Overall we DID NOT play well against the Gophers in Dec at the Ralph and after the performance this last weekend where we again allowed ourselves to be man-handled I have real questions about the trip to the John. We are definately more than capable of winning and winning big, but it is very dependent on what team shows up, the one with the wall for defense or the one that played this weekend. :angry:

You know what excites me is the desperation I have seen UND play with this season, the way they stole two games they had no business winning. That means that they aren't playing to their full potential. Plus they came close to stealing the other Minnesota game.I also don't believe that they have peaked yet as some have suggested. Plus UND plays better on the road.

I have a theory on that but I am not going to bother with my theory now.

We are definately more than capable of winning and winning big, but it is very dependent on what team shows up, the one with the wall for defense or the one that played this weekend. :angry:

I think the Sioux played well this weekend...on Friday night. Saturday night was a different story altogether, but Friday nights effort was very good.

You know what excites me is the desperation I have seen UND play with this season,

Huh?

the way they stole two games they had no business winning.

1. Sat vs. UAA and

2. ______________ ?

Ya gotta help me here pal. Especially with the desperation part.

I heard the problem was threefold:

1. Not enough people to fill the seats

2. People got injured/choked on the appetizers and were out for the remainder of the luncheon

3. People kept leaving halfway through to go to the Wild luncheons.

I heard that fatigue from the World Juniors also played a factor.

The Gophers are in a corner, with their backs on the wall, much like the Sioux were last year in Mariucci around this time. Makes for a dangerous team, as the Sioux well showed last year.

This said, I think that these are teams heading in the opposite direction. A sweep on the road is always a tough thing but it will happen again. Maybe pretty soon we can go with that lame line of Gopher fans, and call The John The Ralph-South East Wing. There will plenty enough of Sioux fans in the building to qualify on that front. Tack a couple of W's and it is a done deal. Except for how stupid and corny it sounds.

As for the Saturday game with UAA, a win is a win is a win and two points. The boys no doubt learned some very valuable lessons in that game that will serve them well down the stretch run.