SiouxSports.com Forum

The 2015-2016 NFL Mega-Thread

MafiaMan

Anybody think the Vikes take a chance with Dorial Green-Beckett in the 2nd round?

If he's available? Sure. Why wouldn't they? His guaranteed salary will be almost nothing being a second rounder. For the value, that wouldn't be a bad move.

Anybody think the Vikes take a chance with Dorial Green-Beckett in the 2nd round? 

Should be some good players available for the Vikings I like the talent of both Beckham and the OL Collins and even though both have off the field concerns I would still probably take a chance on either if they are there. Would love if Alabama S Landon Collins fell to the Vikes pick but don't think it will happen. Should be able to get a solid linebacker with Kendricks, McKinney, and Perrymann all still on the board if they opt for that route too. A couple other WRs besides DGB still available that I wouldn't mind like Jaelen Strong and Devin Smith.

The Vikings D is going to be awesome - D wins football games

This guy seems to have his head in the right place, after last year and his picks so far this year it's apparent he "gets it" that defense wins games.

Not a huge fan of the Vikes 3rd round pick seems very early to take a chance on a project especially when you have other positions that need to be filled. Will be interesting to see if/when La'el Collins is drafted today and if he will actually sign after his agent said he wouldn't if he wasn't drafted yesterday.

Brady and 2 equipment guys are in trouble over deflategate. I say drop the hammer on cheatboy Brady and ban him at least for the season.

After 4 months of investigation and a 243 page report, the best they could come up with is that Brady was "more probable than not generally aware" of what happened and you think he should be banned for the season?  Come on.  Pretty weak implication of him whether its true or not.  They couldn't come up with any hard evidence after all that digging around.

After 4 months of investigation and a 243 page report, the best they could come up with is that Brady was "more probable than not generally aware" of what happened and you think he should be banned for the season?  Come on.  Pretty weak implication of him whether its true or not.  They couldn't come up with any hard evidence after all that digging around.

Agreed with the amount of time that was put into it they sure didn't get much out of it. I wonder how much money they wasted on this investigation. I'm not a Patriots fan at all but this whole thing seemed like one big waste of time to me.

After 4 months of investigation and a 243 page report, the best they could come up with is that Brady was "more probable than not generally aware" of what happened and you think he should be banned for the season? Come on. Pretty weak implication of him whether its true or not. They couldn't come up with any hard evidence after all that digging around.

What did you think they would find? Videotape of Brady helping the ballboy? Collaborating witnesses?

• Upvote 1

What did you think they would find? Videotape of Brady helping the ballboy? Collaborating witnesses?

Someone must have thought there was a smoking gun somewhere.  The NFL continues to succeed despite themselves.

After 4 months of investigation and a 243 page report, the best they could come up with is that Brady was "more probable than not generally aware" of what happened and you think he should be banned for the season? Come on. Pretty weak implication of him whether its true or not. They couldn't come up with any hard evidence after all that digging around.

Brady is looking worse and worse as this progresses. Jeff Saturday said if he would have just own up to what he did it wouldn't be that bad, but now after lying about it and now getting caught because "no equipment manager would do this without the QB knowing" just makes him look like a total cheat and he needs an astrick next to his name with Bonds. They banned Rose forever, the hammer needs to drop on that cheat piece of crap Brady. If the NFL does nothing fans will boycott the sport and Goodell cannot afford that.

Brady is looking worse and worse as this progresses. Jeff Saturday said if he would have just own up to what he did it wouldn't be that bad, but now after lying about it and now getting caught because "no equipment manager would do this without the QB knowing" just makes him look like a total cheat and he needs an astrick next to his name with Bonds. They banned Rose forever, the hammer needs to drop on that cheat piece of crap Brady. If the NFL does nothing fans will boycott the sport and Goodell cannot afford that.

Deflating the football doesn't rank on the same level as using PEDs or betting on the game.  I would be shocked if 10 people across the country decided to boycott the sport because of this episode.  It's a minor blip.

Deflating the football doesn't rank on the same level as using PEDs or betting on the game. I would be shocked if 10 people across the country decided to boycott the sport because of this episode. It's a minor blip.

First spygate then this, same team same cheats. I think the football world is sick of Belicheat and Brady.

First spygate then this, same team same cheats. I think the football world is sick of Belicheat and Brady.

A lot of people try to cheat to get an advantage.  They will try things until they get caught, and get punished.  But the punishment has to fit the crime.  Deflating the football is probably on par with throwing spit balls.  Probably not as bad as corking a bat.  It was a minor advantage.  Spygate was equal to baseball teams stealing signs.  Neither is as important as you seem to think.

Yeah, people have stuck with the NFL through Aaron Hernandez, Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, the former Panthers DE, etc. I don't see anyone boycotting it over deflated footballs.

I think you're over reacting because your team has been buried behind them for the better part of a decade.  NE has won the division 11 of the last 12 seasons and 12 of the last 14.  No wonder your bitter. 

What kind of punishment do you think Miami deserves for their tampering with Suh?

No team is clean: www.yourteamcheats.com

I think you're over reacting because your team has been buried behind them for the better part of a decade. NE has won the division 11 of the last 12 seasons and 12 of the last 14. No wonder your bitter.

What kind of punishment do you think Miami deserves for their tampering with Suh?

No team is clean: www.yourteamcheats.com

Did anyone catch Around the Horn yesterday when Jackie MacMullan was talking about this and asked why no one questioned the Ravens for playing with inflated balls? She almost chuckled out loud at her comment.

Did anyone catch Around the Horn yesterday when Jackie MacMullan was talking about this and asked why no one questioned the Ravens for playing with inflated balls? She almost chuckled out loud at her comment.

Beavis and Butthead laugh every time they hear/say the word balls too.

A lot of people try to cheat to get an advantage. They will try things until they get caught, and get punished. But the punishment has to fit the crime. Deflating the football is probably on par with throwing spit balls. Probably not as bad as corking a bat. It was a minor advantage. Spygate was equal to baseball teams stealing signs. Neither is as important as you seem to think.

Tampering with equipment in exchange for signed shoes and footballs? Sounds like a story to me.