SiouxSports.com Forum

The Ralph - The 3 Best and 3 Worst Games Ever

MafiaMan

So Oxbow6 (over in the Providence Friday Game Thread) made the statement that the Bemidji State game two weeks ago is one of the 3 worst losses in the history of REA and last night's win over the PC Friars is one of the 3 best. Anyone else have any games to add to that? And, NO, Holy Cross over Minnesota is NOT allowed on the list of top 3 victories at REA...

Not sure about that one, however the one before that against Michigan had to be up there.

The place was still abuzz from the after-shock of the first game...when North Dakota scored the first goal against Michigan, I thought the roof was gonna blow off the top of the building!  UND vs Michigan gets my vote for one of the top three spots.

The place was still abuzz from the after-shock of the first game...when North Dakota scored the first goal against Michigan, I thought the roof was gonna blow off the top of the building! UND vs Michigan gets my vote for one of the top three spots.

Excluding the natty games the game against Michigan and the 6-3 win over mn in minny were the two funnest Sioux games I have witnessed.

Here's my nominee for one of the three worst...New Hampshire 7, North Dakota 4, December 29, 2007. 

UND had a 2-0 lead early in the 2nd and a 3-1 lead about midway thru the 2nd.  UNH scored to make it 3-2 UND going into the 3rd, then the wheels fell off.  UNH scores 5 goals, two of them ENG, to UND's 1 goal, to win 7-4.  Worst third period of hockey I've seen at REA.

http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey/2007/12/29/new-hampshire-vs-north-dakota/

If there is such a think as a best loss, I'd pick the back to back OT losses against UW in Madison in January of 2000. I believe the teams were tied for first, and the atmosphere was electric. Sioux lost, but some very exciting hockey, and a great comeback to get the OT on Friday (I think). Strangely, I left both games feeling juiced up instead of heartbroken. Maybe you could sense good things were in store for that team. Sioux waxed the Badgers in the Final Five.

If there is such a think as a best loss, I'd pick the back to back OT losses against UW in Madison in January of 2000. I believe the teams were tied for first, and the atmosphere was electric. Sioux lost, but some very exciting hockey, and a great comeback to get the OT on Friday (I think). Strangely, I left both games feeling juiced up instead of heartbroken. Maybe you could sense good things were in store for that team. Sioux waxed the Badgers in the Final Five.

That's not in REA though.

So Oxbow6 (over in the Providence Friday Game Thread) made the statement that the Bemidji State game two weeks ago is one of the 3 worst losses in the history of REA and last night's win over the PC Friars is one of the 3 best. Anyone else have any games to add to that? And, NO, Holy Cross over Minnesota is NOT allowed on the list of top 3 victories at REA...

I meant UND's best and worst played games:

Best 3...last night, regional win vs Michigan and 6-1 thrashing vs Gophers in Oh-9.

Worst 3...BSU 2 weeks ago, St. L last Thanksgiving and vs St Cloud a couple years back w Kristo and Knight.

Best games at the Ralph:

1)  Hosting the west regional - three storied programs - one historical upset and a birth into the frozen four - Michigan vs UND night cap - followed by UND vs HC great environment.

2)  WCHA series versus the Gophers..  Wehrs corner - I think he learned that he should not take a run at Trupp - because his line-mates had his back - Malone and Fratts delivered some serious payback. 

3)  Denver - Gwoz taking a stroll across the ice classic...