SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

sprig

Some of the pontification on USCHO is that the WCHA will take out each other during the conference tourney.

Anyone think that is true? I think that when the TUC factor goes in I think that will further entrench the WCHA teams.

it for sure could happen if there are any upsets with msu, umd and sconnie. if und, cc and du advance that mean ones of them wont be in the final 5 at least. und, du and cc will be in the ncaa tourney, the others cant have any bad streaks along the way.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this bracket for the Sioux.

I really hope that UND can lock up a #1 seed like INCH seems to think we will. If they do, I would rather get placed with a UNH or MSU #2 seed (rather than DU or BC).

I also like CC and DU being placed in the same regional. Let them duke it out in CO. I don't want the Sioux to have to beat CC or DU in CO in order to make it to the F4.

If the regionals worked out like INCH predicts, I think we would see UND, UM, CC, and MSU in the F4. With maybe UW upsetting both MSU and Miami in the Madison regional.

Another interesting week for bracketology - here's how the WCHA teams rank in this week's PWR.

4 CC

5 Denver

6. UND

8. Minn St.

9. UMD

12. Wisconsin

With this many teams in the tourny and the requirement that CC and Wisconsin have to be placed at home, it would be hard to avoid a 1st round WCHA match-up. I predict UCHO puts us in Worcester with a 1st round game v. UMD.

Funny; 6 WCHA teams, and no UMTC!!

if we dont climb up to a 1 i bet we end up there unless they stick du there for attendence.

This Week's Brackets

Colorado Springs

Quinnipiac vs. Colorado College

Notre Dame vs. North Dakota

Madison

Wisconsin vs. New Hampshire

Minn.-Duluth vs. Michigan State

Albany

Army vs. Miami

Clarkson vs. Denver

Worcester

Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Minnesota State vs. Boston College

Conference Breakdown

WCHA - 6

CCHA - 4

HEA - 2

ECAC - 2

CHA - 1

AHA - 1

So if we're ranked ahead of Denver we wind up playing CC in the regional and if we are ranked behind them we're playing CC in the regional.

That's the one team I don't want to go through to get to the Frozen Four. I hope it doesn't work out that way.

the thng with INCH's 4x4 as they almost project for the future as umd would be in with their pwr ranking as of now so not sure why they dont have them in but anyways. going through unh again would be tough but at that point every game will be tough no matter what. just work it out so you get a 1 seed and very good things can happen

Yeah, this is how the CCHA feels about itself. Talking to some Miami fans, they were up in arms when I said they had a horribly weak schedule, with them angrily replying they played Vermont, Ohio State, and RPI. They think I'm the idiot. :D

Yep know what your talking about, I think I have Redhackman on the verge of crying.

Miami's schedule is a joke, but Michigan IS more battle tested.

I like this bracket for the Sioux.

I really hope that UND can lock up a #1 seed like INCH seems to think we will. If they do, I would rather get placed with a UNH or MSU #2 seed (rather than DU or BC).

I also like CC and DU being placed in the same regional. Let them duke it out in CO. I don't want the Sioux to have to beat CC or DU in CO in order to make it to the F4.

If the regionals worked out like INCH predicts, I think we would see UND, UM, CC, and MSU in the F4. With maybe UW upsetting both MSU and Miami in the Madison regional.

Boy would the NC$$ have another cow if 3 of the four teams in the Frozen Four were WCHA. :D (Would be lots of fun to watch)

Yep know what your talking about, I think I have Redhackman on the verge of crying.

Miami's schedule is a joke, but Michigan IS more battle tested.

On vacation once (two years ago) I ran into a bunch of Miami students on a fishing boat. They were bragging up their hockey record. I told them I thought we'd played them in the opening weekend but didn't remember how it turned out.

"Yeah, you guys won." :D

:D

Using this site's PWR I see a scenario few could imagine years ago ....

- MSU-Mankato and UM-Duluth do enough to at least hold their spots in the PWR top 13*

- SCSU goes on a late season run and slips into a PWR top 13

- Minnesota continues to struggle (figure UMD holding on pushes UM down)

- Bemidji State wins the CHA tournament

That scenario would have all the Minnesota teams in ... except Minnesota!

* I don't think anyone is safe in PWR unless you're at least 13th (given the autobids to the AHA and CHA and the potential for at least one surprise tourney autobid winner).

On vacation once (two years ago) I ran into a bunch of Miami students on a fishing boat. They were bragging up their hockey record. I told them I thought we'd played them in the opening weekend but didn't remember how it turned out.

"Yeah, you guys won." :D

:D

That was the game where Jordan Parise stop like 30+ shots and UND won like 3-0...

That was the game where Jordan Parise stop like 30+ shots and UND won like 3-0...

I was at that game and Parise is the reason we won. Miami outplayed us but Parise saved our butts. That was the 1st game of the season and we had something like 12 freshman and a lot of freshman on defense (Chorney, Finley, Jones, Lee)...many mistakes. I think Jordan stopped two or three breakaways in that game and a penalty shot.

That is part of the fun and pain of college hockey. In a one game elimination and with goaltending being such a huge part of the game, anything can happen. In a best-of-seven series I would be more than happy to take my chances against anyone. Most years the best team does not win the national championship. Instead the team that wins is the one that got a good draw and got hot at the right time.

Most years the best team does not win the national championship. Instead the team that wins is the one that got a good draw and got hot at the right time.

That is why I like UND's chances this year maybe more than last season. Anything can happen.

We are now tied for 3rd with CC and NH in the PWR.

Good news - If we can keep winning, our RPI could go up enough to win the CC comparison, putting us ahead of them and getting us 3 overall.

Bad news - flipping that comparison probably drops them to 5th, behind NH (NH sweep of CC is huge), putting CC in band of #2 seeds.

If that happens, a trip to Colo Springs is very likely for the Sioux. The big ice would be good for us - potentially having to play the best #2 seed on their home rink is not.