SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

sprig

a

I think that's the point. They played very few games against legitimate contenders. Michigan, Michigan State......

Who knows how good they are.

If I were to guess I'd say they were a good team, but they are not battle tested. They don't really know how to win a close one against good teams.

That said anything can happen in a one and done format. I just don't expect them to get out of the regional, and wouldn't mind seeing them in the regional.

Right, and since we don't know how legit they are, we gotta assume they are the real deal like the rankings say. They can score, but their defense is shakier than what everyone says...same thing with Michigan. Michigan is overall just a better team.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that I noticed about Michigan when they played Miami is that they start out like gangbusters, but don't appear to have the gas to finish it out. They absolutely rolled over Miami in the first half of both games and then let them back in it. Playing Michigan will probably be tough in the first sprint part of the game, but I would definately put my money on the Sioux for the marathon, especially after the come back against Denver.

Michigan came out like gangbusters, eh? Sounds like our regional quarterfinal last year. Red's teams always have skill, and they always play good, open, up tempo hockey as compared to say...Wisconsin.

While I don't think Miami's record shows that they've really beaten anyone other than Michigan State, I don't think that they are a bad team. However, given the structure of the NCAA tournament, I would certainly rather play Miami than a lot of other teams to go to the FF.

Don't you love how in this week's bracketology all the MN schools are in with the exception of the Golden Gophers!

That was before yesterday :whistling:

And Gopherguy33, got to be optimistic right? Haha....

I can't even image what it would be if we played Sue again this year at all, you're just asking for trouble in that game, just would be brawls.

I can't even image what it would be if we played Sue again this year at all, you're just asking for trouble in that game, just would be brawls.

and you are one loss or win by another team from being back out or a loss in alaska drom being done

nah, no brawls. just a good ol fashion ass whooping on the scoreboard for the umtc golden panzies. if you win your 2 games this weekend like you are suppose to you will stay away from 9th place and end up vs sconnie, msu or denver 1st round of playoffs. cant wait for those to start. fun hockey to watch!!

Personally I feel the Gophers will still be top 5 in the league and have home ice for the playoffs. Then again, if I'm wrong, I'll be much happier......

and you are one loss or win by another team from being back out or a loss in alaska drom being done

nah, no brawls. just a good ol fashion ass whooping on the scoreboard for the umtc golden panzies. if you win your 2 games this weekend like you are suppose to you will stay away from 9th place and end up vs sconnie, msu or denver 1st round of playoffs. cant wait for those to start. fun hockey to watch!!

As long as the Gophers play in the "the dance" I don't care who we play to get there. The ironic thing is the Gophers may play just as long as UND, not nearly as well for most of it. They just have to get there. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

AZ- what do you do as a profession? You are on here almost all day! :D

Just to be clear this weekend, I am rooting for UMD to lose, nothing else.

As long as the Gophers play in the "the dance" I don't care who we play to get there. The ironic thing is the Gophers may play just as long as UND, not nearly as well for most of it. They just have to get there. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

AZ- what do you do as a profession? You are on here almost all day! :D

Just to be clear this weekend, I am rooting for UMD to lose, nothing else.

And some of us will be rooting for Anchorage to win! :D

Better to lose to AA than to lose to UMD at this point. A good ass whopping for us? I'm going to interpret that as we are going to have some repeat jersey popping after our overtime victory :whistling:

Not too worried about Tech catching up anyway with their schedule...And I'm still very optimistic for home ice

Better to lose to AA than to lose to UMD at this point. A good ass whopping for us? I'm going to interpret that as we are going to have some repeat jersey popping after our overtime victory :whistling:

Ah yes, jersey popping...stay classy Golden Gofers! :D

Not too worried about Tech catching up anyway with their schedule...And I'm still very optimistic for home ice

uaa is a nice oppenent to have right now but you have won 1 game in a row. 1 game. i know its because you have uaa and the gophs actually scored some goals last weekend but it is 1 game. it better be 3 games in a row after this coming weekend, now thats a win streak :D theres a lot of work for the gophs to get home ice with needing help as well with uw losing and others. cant wait to see what happens no matter what the outcomes are.

Playing in the Madison regional? With no UW present? And a first round game against Princeton? I'd take that situation in a heartbeat. Facing DU for the right to play in the F4 is a bit scary, but any #2 seed would be difficult.

I like that bracket.

thats a nice placement with no uw without a doubt. i like looking at inch and uscho as inch projects in a way and uscho goes by the book.....

I am not sure if this has been covered but the new 4x4 is out on INCH and they have the goofers making the NCAA tourney. Really, I thought it was damn near impossible for them to make it at this point. I hope they don't but most likely they will get in according to INCH.

Can someone explain this one to me, please.

I am not sure if this has been covered but the new 4x4 is out on INCH and they have the goofers making the NCAA tourney. Really, I thought it was damn near impossible for them to make it at this point. I hope they don't but most likely they will get in according to INCH.

Can someone explain this one to me, please.

Makes a nice story an as Lucia says if they get on a small roll they COULD be in the tourney.

I don't think they make it out of the first round of the WCHA playoffs. :whistling:

INCH 4x4 is a projection. They do not look at it as if it were to end today, but look at it as a whole and try and project what will happen. Bracketology is set up as if the season ended today.

I would guess that INCH is looking at the schedule of MN and thinking that they have a legit shot at grabbing a couple wins vs COP and TUCs (especailly vs UMD). They will also get a shot at a WCHA bubble team in the playoffs. MN can take a lot of pwrs against the likes of WI, UMD, SCSU as we finish out the season. A strong finish will catapult them over UMD and WI.