SiouxSports.com Forum

Final 5

Siouxmama

like i said, there is tons of hockey to be played and the wcha race is very bunched up. look through non maroon glasses and tell me how your team is really playing this season? are you very excited that they are on a 2 game win streak vs wayne state? dont think so, i sure in hell wouldnt be after dropping a game to RIT and having a sister kisser with air force.. not that good. ive had many gopher fans tell me they wouldnt be suprised if the gophers didnt make the final 5 and then the ncaa tourney this season with what has happend. injuries, quitters ect.............and dont sell yourself short, you dont live in a hole, just genious posters like tc transpant and other trolly gopher fans live there..you are good to go ;)

nobody here thinks the sioux are in a lofty position in the wcha, anyone can see that. we have been splitsville all year vs the toughest schedule in the nation and are sitting 9th in the pairwise when the gophers have struggled with bad teams at home of all places. the gophers schedule gets tougher as well. maybe carman will help like we have discussed but lucia even said it in a post game interview as the gophers have to plays 110% every shift every night as they dont have the plain ol skill to just step out and win this seasons. cant beat the wcha and college hockey

The reality that is this year is tough to swallow. I just have to get my jabs in before we cant see you guys in the standings. I hope we can come around and play for the 3-5 positions. We will know much more after the next two weeks for both teams. If you continue your splitting ways it may be a dissapointing end. If we don't get 6 points in the next 2 weeks it will be the start of dissapointing end for our season. Okposo and Stoa or not. ;)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best Gopher posts I've ever seen on this board. Remember that although the rest of college hockey hates the Gophers, there are only a few teams (UND, BC, and the like) that don't envy the Gophers, and all of us respect the Gophers. I'm quite certain this year is tough to swallow. We're not exactly jumping up and down on the other side of the Red River either. The new reality in NCAA hockey is the top programs that can pick up the Erik Johnson's and Jonathan Toews' of the world are going to have to reload every single year. This gives the teams that maybe aren't picking up the top end guys a great shot at building something over four years. That's what we are seing now. That's why other than the Colorado schools, we are all bunched up. Think about this, 10 teams, 2 are above .500. We just knock each other off.

I will never count the Golden Goofers out until I see it. Jeez, they even beat us once when we had the Hrkac Circus.

The reality that is this year is tough to swallow. I just have to get my jabs in before we cant see you guys in the standings. I hope we can come around and play for the 3-5 positions. We will know much more after the next two weeks for both teams. If you continue your splitting ways it may be a dissapointing end. If we don't get 6 points in the next 2 weeks it will be the start of dissapointing end for our season. Okposo and Stoa or not. ;)

YOU WON'T. :D

I disagree. There will be 10 teams fighting for ALL of the seeds in the Final Five. 2 years ago, #9 tUMD knocked off #2 DU (remember? You were sitting at the next table!!), and two years before that, #7 UAA knocked off #3 UW. CC and DU may be in a class by themselves, but they both have their weaknesses, especially CC with the shorter bench now.

How true, how true!

minny does that so it makes them look like they shouldnt when they know the other teams will vote for them anyways. very obvious. i dont care really. the early game on friday is the game you want anyways as you get more of a rest time for saturdays title game. to me its a non issue overall but i know there are some that do have a problem with it and thats cool as well. i think the final 5 may look a little different this season than normal. til then..........

another problem lies in the fact that the play-in team may have to play on 16 hours rest (from Thursday night to Friday afternoon) - which looks pretty likely again this year - if the gophs make it that is.

I'd bet the farm MN finishes top 5.

I really think that we'll see MN at the Ralph for the first round, and one of us will get to go to the F5. that would be the fourth year in a row that either the SIoux or the Ralph have ended MN's season!!!!

Based on schedules and games remaining, and what I've seen of teams so far this year, my predictive finish is:

1. Denver

2. CC

3. UND

4. UMD

5. SCSU

6. Michigan Tech

7. Wisconsin

8. MN

9. Mankato

10. AA

I wouldn't mind seeing Wisco there

Does St Clown still have the same cheerleaders :D

I have good seats again this year & am really looking forward to a FUN (No Goophers) weekend in the cities

We tried it a year with the get what's available thingy - I 'd much rather get the same good seats for the tourney & would never sit up in the top of that place again ;)

& how great would it be to exterminate the goophs in GF again ;)

I wouldn't want to be the team that has to play the Badgers or the Gophers in the first round. Who ever plays the Gophers is going to get Campion and or Sheppard they are going to get called for everything. Your also going to have old man Sheppard in the stands as well...

Conspiracy we will see what happens and talk to me after the series because you heard it here first.

Are you serious?

Sadly, he is being serious. Goon's paranoid when it comes to refs and the Gophers.

sorry goon, im not one to blame refs or even go close to where you went with that post....just dont buy it and dont understand what good it does to throw that sstuff out there ;)

buckysieve is still a sieve though as always

sorry goon, im not one to blame refs or even go close to where you went with that post....just dont buy it and dont understand what good it does to throw that sstuff out there ;)

buckysieve is still a sieve though as always

Just having fun AZ I don't believe it but most of us know the WCHA leadership is probably having Kittens that their two biggest school probably won't be in the final five. I would bet on it in Vegas actually.

Just having fun AZ I don't believe it but most of us know the WCHA leadership is probably having Kittens that their two biggest school probably won't be in the final five. I would bet on it in Vegas actually.

Did you watch the Gopher/Sioux series in December? The Gophers were the better team for the majority of the weekend. Both teams have seven losses in league play. To be as cocky as you and some fellow Sioux fans are being to assume that the Sioux will be in St. Paul and the Gophers won't just doesn't make sense. The Gophers are four points out of third place with two games in hand.

Did you watch the Gopher/Sioux series in December? The Gophers were the better team for the majority of the weekend. Both teams have seven losses in league play. To be as cocky as you and some fellow Sioux fans are being to assume that the Sioux will be in St. Paul and the Gophers won't just doesn't make sense. The Gophers are four points out of third place with two games in hand.

I would be pretty confident with that bet. What happened in December means nothing today. Just keep telling your self that the Goofs are only four points behind the Sioux. The Gophers haven't proven they can beat the top teams in the league. I can see the Huskies sweeping the Goofs this weekend. UND might have only 7 wins but they have beaten the top teams in the country, while the Gophers have not. Your team was swept by C.C. and Denver and the Sioux split with both. It is what it is.