SiouxSports.com Forum

Final 5

Siouxmama

Did you watch the Gopher/Sioux series in December? The Gophers were the better team for the majority of the weekend. Both teams have seven losses in league play. To be as cocky as you and some fellow Sioux fans are being to assume that the Sioux will be in St. Paul and the Gophers won't just doesn't make sense. The Gophers are four points out of third place with two games in hand.

i look at the pairwise when thinking about the future and that shows whats up around the country, yes they are all bunched up in the wcha but the sioux also went to sconnie and did the same thing umtc did in grand forks, its a tough league as we all know. just look at your team and how they have played vs crappy oppenents sieve. please do so. im not saying the sioux are tearing it up either but there is a difference overall as you can see when looking at te pairwise... of course any fan will never count their team out unless you are donald and route for the seawolves but anyways, there is a lot of hockey to be played so we will see what happens

and yes, i was in town for the gopher series and swa what everyone else saw....so you are saying since the gophers played well in grand forks then they will be there in the end? so that means RIT and AIR FORCE will be there as well if thats the way you look at things...interesting cocept actually but damn, that makes wayne state out of it, i really thought they had a shot this season before they fold but solie to the rescue :D

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be pretty confident with that bet. What happened in December means nothing today. Just keep telling your self that the Goofs are only four points behind the Sioux. The Gophers haven't proven they can beat the top teams in the league. I can see the Huskies sweeping the Goofs this weekend. UND might have only 7 wins but they have beaten the top teams in the country, while the Gophers have not. Your team was swept by C.C. and Denver and the Sioux split with both. It is what it is.

And that was when they HAD Okposo!

And that was when they HAD Okposo!

who? oh yeah...their 3rd or 4th best player :D he was a bad locker room guy right? or is better off in the AHL..............team chemistry will be better...............carman will replace him ;) thats the best one

man i love college hockey

Did you watch the Gopher/Sioux series in December? The Gophers were the better team for the majority of the weekend. Both teams have seven losses in league play. To be as cocky as you and some fellow Sioux fans are being to assume that the Sioux will be in St. Paul and the Gophers won't just doesn't make sense. The Gophers are four points out of third place with two games in hand.

The Gophers did outplay UND that week-end, but on the whole I would say things are NOT looking good for our squad. For one thing, the weak 1/2 of the schedule was the first half, things get tougher now, and we are below .500. UND had a far tougher first 1/2 than what they have coming up. There is a very real chance they sweep the next 3 series and put the Goph's in the rear view mirror.

The D for the Gophers is still a big mystery, no idea where the goals are going to come from, AND we seem to have a goaltender 'situation' again. ;)

I like the Sioux's chances of finishing in the 3 spot, but at this point would delighted if our boys were able finish in the top 5.

The Gophers did outplay UND that week-end, but on the whole I would say things are NOT looking good for our squad. For one thing, the weak 1/2 of the schedule was the first half, things get tougher now, and we are below .500. UND had a far tougher first 1/2 than what they have coming up. There is a very real chance they sweep the next 3 series and put the Goph's in the rear view mirror.

The D for the Gophers is still a big mystery, no idea where the goals are going to come from, AND we seem to have a goaltender 'situation' again. ;)

I like the Sioux's chances of finishing in the 3 spot, but at this point would delighted if our boys were able finish in the top 5.

THANK YOU - i was expecting sagard to be here first on this but at least you see whats happened so far.............like i said so far......doesnt mean things cant change but............

is kangas going vs scsu both games or is it still in the air? the frazee experiment may have run its course already

THANK YOU - i was expecting sagard to be here first on this but at least you see whats happened so far.............like i said so far......doesnt mean things cant change but............

is kangas going vs scsu both games or is it still in the air? the frazee experiment may have run its course already

Kangas will get the start on Friday...........no word on what happens Saturday yet. I am assuming the coaching staff is going to wait and see how Kangas fares. I am sure they are well aware of the Frazee meltdown at the Concrete Center last year,

im not saying the sioux are tearing it up either but there is a difference overall as you can see when looking at te pairwise... of course any fan will never count their team out unless you are donald and route for the seawolves but anyways, there is a lot of hockey to be played so we will see what happens

I don't think anyone is saying that the Sioux are tearing it up. The table is set better for the boys in green based on our SOS, if UND had played RIT and Air Force and went 0-1-1 we wouldn't be sitting 9th in the pairwise.

• 1 month later...
I really think that we'll see MN at the Ralph for the first round, and one of us will get to go to the F5. that would be the fourth year in a row that either the SIoux or the Ralph have ended MN's season!!!!

Based on schedules and games remaining, and what I've seen of teams so far this year, my predictive finish is:

1. Denver

2. CC

3. UND

4. UMD

5. SCSU

6. Michigan Tech

7. Wisconsin

8. MN

9. Mankato

10. AA

Considering tDogs have the toughest remaining schedule (CC, UND, @UMN) I'd be happy to jump up to 6th.

Will be at tF5, of course! Sec 116, Row 14, on the red line aisle.

Sioux-cia, Mr and Mrs Siouxmama, and the 23 y/o Siouxmama offspring will be going. Staying at the Hilton.

My offspring> Phats, Phats' brother and my daughter-in law will also be there. I think our section is 119 seats 1-8.

The Domestic Goddess and her hubby who also usually go with us won't be there this year. :lol:

C26 row 8 seats 1-2 (on the bar rail). Finally got the seats that I used to stand at for years until they began selling them to Wild season ticket holders 2 years ago. I tried to get them last year but they were "too popular" for guys like me. I made a few phone calls and now they are mine for as long as want - screw the Wild and Goph fans.