SiouxSports.com Forum

Final 5

Siouxmama

Sioux-CIA, you won't believe this...I've got 119 row 21, seats 9 and 10!!! That's a nice, green row! I'll buy you a beer!

Me first. I always sit in seat 8 to take care of what ever riff raff is in 9 and 10. :D So far I've had Wisco fans and some Gopher guys to put in their place. :D

Just kidding. They have all been quite nice.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did any one else notice your mis printed tickets. Tradtion usually has the previous years winner as the background, but for the 2nd year in a row they have the SIOUX picture on them. Look close and you will see PRP make an appearance :(

Thats because yellow hair doesnt look very good in photos. :angry:

Here is my final five question.... If UND and CC are tied as of the end of the regualr season. Who would get first place? I know the first tie breaker is head to head, of which theey are tied 1-1. Is the 2nd tie breaker win percentage, total head to head goals, or non confrence win percentage?

Thanks Esox

Here is my final five question.... If UND and CC are tied as of the end of the regualr season. Who get first place? I know the first tie breaker is head to head of which their tied 1-1. Is it win percentage, total head to head goals, non confrence win percentage?

Thanks Esox

Brad's Blog

This should answer your question.

Here is my final five question.... If UND and CC are tied as of the end of the regualr season. Who would get first place? I know the first tie breaker is head to head, of which theey are tied 1-1. Is the 2nd tie breaker win percentage, total head to head goals, or non confrence win percentage?

Thanks Esox

Taken from Brad's blog

First off, if there is a tie for first place, there will be considered co-champs. Of course, they have to break the tie for the playoffs, though. So here's the process according to the WCHA:

a) If two or more teams are tied, head-to-head competition during the regular (conference) season will be used to break the tie.

b) If two or more teams are still tied after (a), the highest seed will go to the team with the most WCHA (conference) wins during the regular season.

c) If two or more teams played a four-game series during the regular season and the teams have the same win-loss records for those series and the same number of WCHA wins, the team having the least number of goals scored against it in the four-game series shall have the higher rank. If two or more teams played a two-game series during the regular season proceed to tiebreaker d).

d) If two or more teams are still tied after applying the provisions of (a), (b) and ©, the team having the greatest 'winning margin' during the regular season will have the higher rank. Winning margin = WCHA goals for during the regular season minus WCHA goals against.

e) Games played against WCHA opponents in holiday tournaments will not be counted in the determinations.

So, for UND, it means the Sioux will have the tiebreaker over Denver by virtue of the 3-1 record against the Pioneers during the regular season. UND can clinch a top-two finish if it beats Duluth today.

As for a tiebreaker with Colorado College, it appears that it will come down to 'winning margin.' Entering today's game, CC has 87 goals for and 49 goals against. UND has 80 goals for and 49 goals against.

I'm sure ya'll don't know me, but I will be there in Section 115, Row 22 with 10 Gopher fans :angry:

I'm better recognized as Seawolf Jersey Guy as I made a committment to represent the Seawolves at all non-Sioux games since they made the FF beating Wisco a couple years back.

And what's this DVD people are talking about?

And what's this DVD people are talking about?

Basically it's a commercial. Starting next year the season ticket holders will be getting, along with their five game series tickets, a DVD featuring a decade of WCHA hockey starting with the 1950s. Every year after that will feature the next decade.

Single session F5 tickets went on sale today.

Xcel Energy Center is pleased to welcome back fans and competitors alike for the 2008 Red Baron WCHA Final Five, which will be held March 20-22 in St. Paul. The state of the WCHA has never been stronger than it is today, and with a record of 36 national championships under their belts since 1951 including five of the last six.

Single session tickets are on sale now.

BUYTICKETSBUTTON.JPG

Event Date Ticket Price Thursday $12 / $15 Friday - Day $12 / $35 Friday - Evening $12 / $40 Saturday - Day $12 / $20 Saturday - Evening $12 / $40

Basically it's a commercial. Starting next year the season ticket holders will be getting, along with their five game series tickets, a DVD featuring a decade of WCHA hockey starting with the 1950s. Every year after that will feature the next decade.

Isn't it like 2 minutes and 14 seconds. I watched it and Sioux-CIA is right it was a commercial for next year's disk.

Providing that the Sioux and CC each advance to the final five, which Friday game would the Sioux be playing? The afternoon or evening game, or does everything hinge on whether or not the gophers make it and win the play in game?

Please advise......Thanks

Forgive me if my question was answered earlier in the thread

Providing that the Sioux and CC each advance to the final five, which Friday game would the Sioux be playing? The afternoon or evening game, or does everything hinge on whether or not the gophers make it and win the play in game?

Please advise......Thanks

Forgive me if my question was answered earlier in the thread

If both UND and CC make it to the final 5 and baring some other major upsets, UND plays the Friday afternoon game.

edit: after looking through the different scenarios, with UND and CC both in the final 5, I can't find a way that MN would get a 3 seed so they would automatically play the thurs play in game and if they win they would play CC on friday night, so no MN rule necessary.